“What a great find!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Old St. Angela Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pacific Grove
The Old St. Angela Inn
Save Saved
You added The Old St. Angela Inn to your Saves list
321 Central Ave., Pacific Grove, CA 93950   |
Ranked #2 of 10 Pacific Grove B&B and Inns
Santa Cruz, California, United States
“What a great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed here for our anniversary in September...total last minute & boy it was awesome the Inn Keepers are so nice & friendly took very good care of us & all the goodies & food were yummy. We had a greaden view room on the bottom floor & it was so nice & cozy. We hung out in the graden by the gas fire pit & just enjoyed the calm quiet morning taking it all in. We were only there for the night but plan to return so.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Our first impression when we arrived at this B&B was its coziness. Just a short walk from the bustling town and beaches, make this place so convenient but peaceful. Room was comfortable, and the fireplace make us feel at home. Breakfast was great, and our son was looking forward to the surprise on the next meal! During our stay, the living room was so crowded during the afternoon tea, so we just grab our snack and headed to our room.
If asked whether we would stay here again, the answer would be YES!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Piedmont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

B&Bs can be hit or miss propositions - you never really know what you're going to get until you arrive. So it was a great experience to find a place that exceeded our expectations in most respects. The room was large, well-furnished and very comfortable. Some of the rooms have great views of Monterey Bay. The breakfast was perfectly prepare from scratch and filling. They served a snack with wine at 4:30 and had coffee/tea/cookies available all day long. Our hosts were helpful and attentive to our needs and questions. The parlor was also large and comfortable. I put myself up there for a couple hours while my wife went shopping nearby in Monterey (only a few minutes away). I even found a good book to read on the shelves. Only two, very minor negatives. The bathroom in our room was very small - not missing any functionality, just small. And the bed's comfort level was only so-so, but since I am prejudiced by an incomparably comfortable bed at home, my ratings of hotel beds are not to be trusted. As with any first class B&B in a popular area, the price is a bit on the high side, but definitely worth it for a one-night getaway.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint John, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Rooms are lovely. The staff are very warm & friendly. The morning breakfast and afternoon wine, tea & appetizer are phenomenal. Convenient location-Short walk to Monterey's Old Cannery Row, beaches, & shopping.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Oct 24-27, 2012
I stayed here for 3 comfortable nights. I based my selection on the TA reviews and web site. Coming down from Highway 1 through Seaside and Monterey, this property is not hard to find. There is plenty of street parking in this very safe neighborhood. Dianne McKneely warmly welcomed us, showed us around, informed us about the complimentary
wine/tea service from 4:30 to 6:00, and showed us to our room.
The reason this B&B doesn't earn a 5-star rating, is basicly because I elected to select one of the smallest rooms, Otter Cove. The price-to-size of the room is correct. The bed is, I believe, a double, but extremely comfortable. I will admit that I have never before slept 10.5 hours. The size of the room meant stumbling to find the bathroom during the night. The toilet seat faces a wall about 12" away. There is a mustiness around the toilet area. I can hear the adjacent guests through the party walls.
The breakfasts are outstanding and done with imagination. I usually like to eat early, so breakfast beginning at 8:30 is a bit late for me.
I always found Dianne and Jerry to be friendly and engaging as well as helpful regarding the resto and day trip options. Downtown Pacific Grove and Asilomar is within a mile, and Carmel is just beyond 17-Mile Drive.
If you choose one of the larger rooms, this place is ideal--look no farther.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We have been to PG several times and love the area. Chose this place based on reviews. I don't want to be hovered over at all, but the feeling here was a well oiled business, not a welcoming "gee we are glad your here" vibe. The place is spotless and as a well run business they seem to have thought of everything a traveler might want in a B&B except warmth and sincerity. The location is a couple of blocks from the water on a busy street. Rooms on the front are noisy at night as well as in the morning. Additionally with an uncovered skylight, morning comes too early and the breakfast room is all windows so you need your sunglasses to eat unless you want to be blinded by the light.
I actually left my phone charger cord there. I didn't realize it for a couple of days. When I called Diane, the owner said she indeed had it. Wouldn't a courtesy call have been a nice gesture. She said shed get it off to me the next day which she did -- for a price. To be sent 90 miles via UPS cost me $14 -- for a cord. Feels really rip off to me. I'm sure I paid for her gas to drive 2 blocks. Just didn't make me feel like I want that experience again. So sad ....

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Outstanding hospitality, fantastic beakfasts, great location. Annex is best value but rooms are very small. Avoid room off of dinning room (might be too noisy). Great location for visiting acquarium. Rooms are very clean. Afternoon snacks well worth participating in.

Room Tip: Excellent value, fantastic location, best B and B breakfast ever