After reading several reviews I was a little hesitant to book this hotel. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the entire experience. The location was perfect for our purposes and the price was great. Ok so there are a couple of things that are pretty prevalent in the reviews so I'll add my opinions.
1. Thin walls - the walls are pretty thin but they didn't pose a big problem for us. We were in our room to shower and sleep basically. It gets pretty quiet at night and the only time it gets noisy is in the morning when the people and kids start stirring, but we just learned to use this as our alarm.
2. Breakfast - the breakfast area is incredibly small, but they have 6 or 7 tables out front where you can have breakfast or just take it back to your room. The tables out front are nice and you can eat with a view of lovers point. The breakfast is pretty basic, yogurt, cereal, bagels, muffins, boiled eggs etc. you won't get waffles or omelets here but it'll do.
3. Parking - there isn't an abundance of parking. If you're out past 7 or 8 expect to have to park and walk to the hotel. The staff tries to accommodate you and let's you park in the loading area out front if all guests have checked in for the night and they do the same for the registration parking spot next to the office.
4. Room issues - the bathrooms are tiny, like open the door and it barely clears the bathtub tiny. The vanity and sink are located outside of the bathroom. The microwave display kept flickering and didn't seem to work so we just left it alone. There is no A/C, which isn't really a problem because you can open the windows and it cools off pretty quickly. The issue you run into when you open the windows is you will hear everything from birds to kids in the morning.
The rooms themselves are simple, the bed was comfortable and there is a seating area in the room. The seating area in the room is patio furniture so it's not posh by any stretch but it works. Overall my wife and I were very happy with our stay and highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lovers Point Inn is located on the coast of historic Pacific Grove, California. Just moments from the beach, we are centrally located between Monterey and Pebble Beach. Within a mile is Cannery Row and the famous Monterey Bay Aquarium, as well as many choices for fine dining, shopping, and other family experiences. We have a variety of one and two bed rooms, many with ocean views. A perfect place for a getaway for the entire family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Lovers Point Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lover`s Point Hotel Pacific Grove
- Lovers Point Hotel
- Lovers Point Motel