“Good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   625 Ocean View Boulevard, Pacific Grove, CA 93950   |
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Pacific Grove
“Good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

After reading several reviews I was a little hesitant to book this hotel. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the entire experience. The location was perfect for our purposes and the price was great. Ok so there are a couple of things that are pretty prevalent in the reviews so I'll add my opinions.

1. Thin walls - the walls are pretty thin but they didn't pose a big problem for us. We were in our room to shower and sleep basically. It gets pretty quiet at night and the only time it gets noisy is in the morning when the people and kids start stirring, but we just learned to use this as our alarm.

2. Breakfast - the breakfast area is incredibly small, but they have 6 or 7 tables out front where you can have breakfast or just take it back to your room. The tables out front are nice and you can eat with a view of lovers point. The breakfast is pretty basic, yogurt, cereal, bagels, muffins, boiled eggs etc. you won't get waffles or omelets here but it'll do.

3. Parking - there isn't an abundance of parking. If you're out past 7 or 8 expect to have to park and walk to the hotel. The staff tries to accommodate you and let's you park in the loading area out front if all guests have checked in for the night and they do the same for the registration parking spot next to the office.

4. Room issues - the bathrooms are tiny, like open the door and it barely clears the bathtub tiny. The vanity and sink are located outside of the bathroom. The microwave display kept flickering and didn't seem to work so we just left it alone. There is no A/C, which isn't really a problem because you can open the windows and it cools off pretty quickly. The issue you run into when you open the windows is you will hear everything from birds to kids in the morning.

The rooms themselves are simple, the bed was comfortable and there is a seating area in the room. The seating area in the room is patio furniture so it's not posh by any stretch but it works. Overall my wife and I were very happy with our stay and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We were in room 211 and we had a sliver of an ocean view. We didn't have a bunch of noise from s...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas W, Guest Relations Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear samandsteph210,

Thank you for your detailed review of Lovers Point Inn. It sounds like you and your wife had a great time in Pacific Grove. I'm happy to hear that you found our beds to be comfortable and would recommend our location to others. We hope you choose to stay with us again, thanks again for your review.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Turlock, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Lover's Point is one of my favorite spots on the California coast. I stayed at the Lover's Point Inn for two nights and I enjoyed it very much. Best thing was the location and the price. The gorgeous little beach is right across the street! It was so nice just to walk to the beach and drink my coffee in the morning, watching the waves and sea lions. It is a perfect place to stay near Monterey. I stayed in a second floor room and could see the ocean from my window. The staff is very friendly and helpful. A nice little breakfast is included, and there was a little refrigerator and microwave in my room. It is an older building but you can tell the owners are working very hard to keep it up and make it as nice as possible. The room was a little small, but for the price I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Yes the elevator makes noise, so away from elevator is best
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Susan S,

Thank you for your positive review of Lovers Point Inn. I'm elated to hear that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed our location. It sounds like you had a great time in Pacific Grove. We're constantly working on improving our location and comments like yours lets us know we're doing a great job. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Rochester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

what a fantastic view of the ocean. The room was quaint, clean, with a table and chairs. the bed was very comfortable. everything looked just like the pictures. Lovers point Inn is within walking distance to the aquarium and many shops and Restaurants. the Inn has a nice patio were you can sit back and enjoy a nice continental breakfast.. i would recommend this Inn to all my family and friends.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the view from the second floor
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear ruth f,

Thank you for your positive review of Lovers Point Inn. I'm so happy to hear that you found our rooms clean and comfortable. We take pride in our rooms and comments like yours lets us know we're doing a good job. It sounds like you enjoyed your time in Pacific Grove - we hope to see you back soon!

San Ramon, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Once again Lover's Point Inn came through. we got married right across the street at Lover's Point Park over the July 12th weekend. Half the wedding party stayed here as did our Pastor. The service was good, the accommodations worked and the price was fair. Everyone who stayed enjoyed themselves. And who can argue with the view? Like I said before, I'd stay here again, and we did, and I'll do it again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Steve S,

Thanks for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. First of all, congratulations! We're so glad you chose to stay with us on this wonderful occasion. I'm elated to hear that your wedding guests enjoyed themselves, that means a lot to us. Thanks for your positive review and we hope to see you again soon!

Carver, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We had a very pleasant stay in this clean, efficient, nicely decorated inn. The staff was pleasant and very helpful with directions and dining suggestions. It is in a beautiful location and from the second floor the views of the ocean and park were lovely. It's very convenient to the Monterey Bay piers and aquarium and is surrounded by a great variety of restaurants.

Room Tip: The second and third floors have the best views
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Betsey W,

Thank you for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. I'll be sure to pass on your positive comments about our staff. We take pride in our hotel and your words mean a lot to us. We're glad you enjoyed our location, views, and it sounds like you had a great time in Pacific Grove! We hope to see you again soon, thanks again.

Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stayed here on our honeymoon that was booked by our travel agent...and it was terrible. Our room was shockingly bad... Our view was the main floor elevator, it was used frequently and it was very loud, people using our window as a mirror while waiting for the elevator, then realizing we are in our room trying to relax. We did close our curtains which made our room depressing during the day. No AC & we couldn't open our window at night for air because of the elevator/ ice machine and vending machine that was running constantly. When we arrived we asked to be moved to another room that night or the following day, they said they had rooms available but we were told we would have to pay for the room and would not receive a refund for the other room... Would rather sleep in my car then have to stay there again...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Melissa V,

Thank you for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. I'm sorry our rooms did not meet your expectations. Since our location does have exterior corridors, rooms next to our glass elevator will hear an audible noise from the elevator in use. I apologize for the inconvenience. I will bring up your concerns with management and see if there is something we can do to address your comments. Thanks again for your review.

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

The room looks NOTHING like the picture shown. I had a terrible stay, barely slept afraid some insect would crawl on me, or worse, thinking there were bed bugs!! I would NEVER recommend anyone stay here. I want my $$ back!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear sonrisas79,

Thanks for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. We take pride in our cleanliness and would never allow guests to be exposed to insects. Our location has never had bed bugs, in fact, all of our beds are brand new. I'm sorry you had trouble sleeping, next time we will be more than happy to have our maintenance inspect your room to give you the peace of mind that your room is free of any unwelcome guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pacific Grove
Monterey Bay Inn
Monterey Bay Inn
#4 of 54 in Monterey
4.5 of 5 stars 1,309 reviews

Been to Lovers Point Inn? Share your experiences!