“Reviews are Accurate!!!” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   625 Ocean View Boulevard, Pacific Grove, CA 93950   |
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Pacific Grove
“Reviews are Accurate!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Basically it's the location that sells and the service is not dreadfully bad. (As long as you have nothing to complain about.) From reading everyone else's review; ours was nothing in comparison - and we didn't complain during our three day stay. We booked 6 weeks in advance, requested third floor;...thank you, past the elevators and opposite end, furthest from the stairs. Clean room, working fan, comfy bed but NO roller bed per my request to have in my room prior to my arrival. Daughter had to sleep on the floor like a dog; so sad...but she was not complaining. Breakfast was nicely presented, which is now the standard in lots of overnight stays and much appreciated. The morning of our check out, my husband reminded me to inform the front desk to not reserve our room until they have someone check the tub. We were not able to use it 'AT ALL' because the tub was not draining. It could of been worst...if everything was tops, guess what? You' be paying an average of $350 a night...overall we enjoyed our stay. IT'S THE LOCATION...and price was affordable for the stay. Thanks for trying Lover's Point Inn staff; maybe next time.

• Stayed July 2014
Thomas W, Guest Relations Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Katherine S,

Thanks for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. I'm glad you enjoyed our location and breakfast as well. I'm sorry to hear about your roll-out bed, I will address this with our front desk staff to ensure we are taking care of requests properly. Thanks again for your review!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Our family stayed here over the weekend for a wedding. The room had two very comfortable beds, but was a little cramped. We have a 1 and 4 year old so with all of their stuff the room felt a little tight, but it was ok. There is no AC so we were very hot at night, even with the windows open. They provided 2 fans but it didn't help. It was older but clean, and they provided breakfast which was cereal, bagels, toast, yogurt, etc. not fancy but fine for us.
The best thing about the place was the location. You are right across from great beaches for kids, rocks to climb on, and you can easily walk the trail into Monterey if you don't want to drive. We saw dolphins, sea lions and otters in the morning. There are not too many restaurants nearby, but several along Lighthouse drive, just a quick drive away, as well as many restaurants in Monterey.
If you stay here, don't expect luxury, but it is a decent hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear bluepeople,

Thank you for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. I'm happy to hear that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable and enjoyed our location as well. I will look into the issues you addressed so we can ensure the best guest experience. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again soon!

o
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel looks way better on the website photos than in reality. The room was musty and dated and when I mentioned this to the person on the front desk, they didn't seem to care and said that all the rest of the rooms were full. Since I paid a lots of money for the room, this was disappointing.
Breakfast was okay- cereals and breads mainly, a simple self service type of scenario. The views outside the hotel are amazing...the location of the hotel in Pacific Grove is stunning and I enjoyed an early jog along the cliffs. Pity about the disappointing room...but top marks for location.

Room Tip: ask for room that is newer
Dear liv52,

Thank you for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. I'm glad you enjoyed our location and ocean views. I regret to hear that our rooms did not meet your expectations. Guest feedback is extremely important to us and helps us improve our guest experience. I will look into your concerns about our rooms and make sure we're exceeding guest expectations. Thanks again for your review.

Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Simply be prepared. You can't beat the location and the rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, the breakfast typical. Unfortunately it is noisy. We had a room on the second floor midway between the elevator and the stairs. We heard people above us, people walking or running along the outside walkway, lots of street noise from cars, workers, and radios. Most disappointing was a loud argument in the middle of the night by guests on the ground floor. Just be prepared!

Room Tip: Maybe a room on the top floor, furthest from the street would be more quiet.
Dear Dovie,

Thank you for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our location and comfortable beds. I regret to hear that you had some noise issues, I apologize for your noisy neighbors as well. Our hotel is an exterior corridor property so during peak times you may hear other guests walking to and from their rooms. Thanks again for your review and we hope you visit us again!

Linkoping, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed for one night in May 2014, my daughter and I, and we thought this hotel was perfect for our needs.
Clean room, very close to the ocean and nearby restaurants.
The staff was friendly and helpful, parking just outside our doorstep.
I would stay here if I visit beautiful Pacific Grove again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Rolle M,

Thanks for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. It sounds like both you and your daughter had a great time! We take pride in our clean rooms so we really appreciate the compliment. I'll be sure to relay your positive comments to our front desk staff. Please do visit us again, we look forward to your next visit!

Chandler, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel is your typical "beach motel". What makes it special is the location. It is situated across from lovers point and within walking distance to the Monterey Aquarium. We were happy with the accommodations because we were able to get a really good deal on orbitz. I probably would not have been so happy if we paid "full price." We were visiting the area to be out and about - and explore. We did not spend much time in our room - except at night before bed. I read some reviews where people were unhappy about the room not looking like the pictures on the website. I would advise travelers to look at pictures on trip advisor and yelp to get a better idea of what the rooms look like. Our room looked exactly how I had expected - from other travelers pictures. If you basically need a place to sleep - in a good location - this could be a good choice if you get a good deal. Our room was clean and the hotel staff was very nice. It was a little noisy at night but we were able to sleep just fine.

Room Tip: Probably request a 2nd or 3rd floor room (1st floor seemed a little bit less updated and you have vi...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear ErinR2003,

Thanks for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. I'm glad you enjoyed our location as well as our accommodations. Thank you for letting other travelers about our room photos - our rooms differ from floor to floor as well as sleeping accommodations. Our reservation page on our website has photos of each room type as well. It sounds like you had a great time in Pacific Grove and we hope to see you again!

San Mateo, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The best thing this hotel has going for it is the location. It is conveniently located across the street from Lover's Point, the walking path that takes you all the way to the Cannery, then on to the Monterey Wharf, and convenient highway access to Highway 1, Highway 68, and 17-Mile Drive. Other than that, it isn't really all that great. I did find the front desk personnel helpful, for the 3 days we were there, and the continental breakfast is always a plus.

On the downside, the walls are paper thin so you can hear everything on either side of you, as well as outside your window; there is no air conditioning working (there is a unit, but it doesn't work) so you have to keep the windows open (which only exacerbates the noise) and the fan going 24/7 to keep any air moving. The upgrade to the King bed was worth the price, but it was put in a room that couldn't really support that size bed, so you could only get in on one side (or at the foot of the bed). The ocean view was nice, and I requested a 3rd floor room so I wouldn't hear anyone above me. After hearing everyone on either side of me all night, I was glad I chose to upgrade so at least I wouldn't have to hear the noise above.

Honestly, the hotel is decent, but not for the price. It is in a prime location which sends the price of the rooms higher. If I had known everything I know now before I booked, I would have paid the same amount and stayed elsewhere.

If you do stay here, try the restaurant across the street, and take the walk towards Cannery Row to find the beach where the seals sleep all day (protected and only visible from the walkway).

Room Tip: Request a 3rd floor room - no noise from above. An ocean view will put you near the stairway so expe...
Dear jenkay_70,

Thank you for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our location as well as our continental breakfast. Thank you for your input, we are continuously listening to guest feedback to ensure we can provide the best possible guest experience. Thanks again for your review.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Lovers Point Inn? Share your experiences!