“A 15 year dream come true” 4 of 5 stars

Lovers Point Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   625 Ocean View Boulevard, Pacific Grove, CA 93950   |
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Pacific Grove
Cypress, Texas
“A 15 year dream come true”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

15 years ago I stood there at Lovers Point looking in awe! I wanted to come back some day. But then I could not remember any hotels. I was directed to Lovers Point Inn, and it was affordable, we stayed on 3rd floor with a view. I dont know any other hotel with a view like that without paying 300 a night. It has a very home feeling. And Sindy the manager was very special and made us feel very safe. This was last year and we are trying to plan a trip back..

Room Tip: We stayed ocean view 3rd floor
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The guys at check in were extremely nice and helpful. They even moved us to a room closer to the view of the coast and Lover's Point though it was fairly late in the evening. Though the rooms have a bit of an older feel (mostly the layout) everything had been renovated and everything was in good repair and clean. These rooms have some nice amenities including a small fridge, coffee maker, large sink and counter outside of the bathroom itself, a rattan couch, chair, and two tables. The bed was a bit soft but probably to some people's liking. My spouse and I both slept very well. It was quiet. The location can't be beat for the price. The breakfast was basic but ample. There was a mix-up with a basket of goodies and flowers a friend had left me and when I went to check on this in the morning, the owner did not seem thrilled to help me find it. But when I peeked in the window of the room to which we'd initially been assigned, I spotted the goodies and she quickly sent a kind woman up to help me retrieve them. So, this is not a luxury resort, but I'd stay there again if back in P.G., especially given the great price and superb location!

Room Tip: 3rd floor, lower numbers (closest to the office) have the best views off their decks. One may use th...
Santa Barbara, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Although the price is reasonable, we cannot understand how this hotel is rated #1 by Tripadvisor in Pacific Grove. The mattress sagged in the middle, so we had a poor night's sleep. The decor is kitschy at best and quite frankly depressing. I would not recommend this hotel. We rate this a 3 because the hotel is located just off a lovely beach area that has a scenic walkway.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

When my wife & I stayed in the lovers point inn we were highly pleased & enjoyed every moment of our stay there in! The breakfast was excellent! The bed was like laying on a soft cloud in heaven! Though most of all the beautiful ocean view stole our hearts & will always remain at the monterey bay! We really enjoyed our stay at lovers point inn!

• Stayed March 2013
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Traveler0101234566: “The best stay in all of monterey county," Wow, what a compliment to all of us here at Lovers Point Inn. Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this review. It means so much to all of us. Please come back and see us soon! Anytime you would like to go back to heaven and lay on a soft cloud, we have a spot just for you. If you call me directly, I can take care of all your reservation needs. Thank you, Sindy Buentello LPI Manager
Ojai, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We originally booked for another hotel, but the reviews scared us away so my girlfriend found Lover's Point to be a much better choice based on the reviews. We were spending 3 nights celebrating an anniversary so we didn't want any surprises.

Room & Overall: I expected the room to be larger, but it was perfect, like a studio apartment, perfect for what we were staying there for. It's a great focal point location from the aquarium and other activities. It's about 15 second walk to the beautiful coast and we could hear the ocean from our window at night which was really nice.

The continental breakfast is pretty decent, nothing out of the ordinary...OJ, milk, cereal, coffee, HB'd eggs, pastry's, fruit, basic stuff. The bread was pretty good actually.

Price: Honestly, I was wanting to stay at a much more expensive hotel, but I'm glad we didn't, there is really no reason to stay the majority of your time inside a hotel room (no matter how nice it is) when it's surrounded with so many things to do places to see. Don't tell them, but I would have paid more!!

Service: (sorry don't remember any names for the shout-outs) Seemed like the inn was pretty booked, even for a weekday, but it was quiet and the front desk greeted us with a big smile and sincere welcome. The first FDesk woman enthusiastically recommended activities and restaurants to check out. The 2nd day morning lady didn't really talk, nothing special, but no complaints... Then there was a young guy who was booking reservations on the phone with more calls coming in when I went in to ask for a razor/shave cream and he handled his business professionally and with a sense of urgency. I believe we checked out with the manager present and she was extremely personable and sincere.

Room Tip: We had a bottom floor room, and it was nice to have the car right outside the room.
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dustin W: I would like to personally thank you for such a wonderful review. It means so much to me that you took the time out of your busy schedule. I'm glad to hear that you came across our inn, and decided to give us a try. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we treated you well. I do remember speaking with you during your check out :) Ojai is a few hours away, but, if you come back to our area, please keep us in mind as your next vacation destination. If you call me directly, I will always take care of your reservation needs! And don't worry...I will not make you pay more lol. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to share with us and other travelers about your experience with us. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager.
Netanya, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I reserved a room for one night as I attended a conference and came a day before. The reviews were very good so I thought the price of 90 usd ( after tax) even dough bait high is OK. The hotel is located just next to the beach which is nice. The stuff was very friendly. The room was very disappointing. The rug in the room I got was very dirty with stains. The bed was comfortable, the sheet and towels were clean. The room looks as a renovation will be apriciated . The paint on the wals looks old and not retro old. I think that for that much money I would expect more even in Monterey CA. Breakfast was fine not amazing but OK

Room Tip: My room was on the ground floor maybe a room on one of the upper floors will be nicer
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I ended up at Lovers point Inn on the advice of a friend. He was absolutely right. I had planned on a few nights getaway to Monterey with my girlfriend and I wanted something a little off of the beaten path, yet romantic and quaint. LPI was PERFECT! We got a room on the third floor with an ocean view. We were able to purchase aquarium tickets right from the hotel. Sindy (The General Mgr) May be one of the best people I've ever met in the hospitality business. She made us feel right at home immediately. The advice on dining and recreation in the area was spot on. The continental breakfast was simple yet fairly comprehensive. The room was clean. the bed was comfortable. What more can I say. The next time I plan a romantic and quiet getaway to Monterey, LPI will be at the top of my list.

Room Tip: Get a room on the third floor for an ocean view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
HunterP: Thank you so much for writing this review, it allows other travelers know about our inn. "Sindy (The General Mgr) May be one of the best people I've ever met in the hospitality business. She made us feel right at home immediately." This has to be the highest compliment I have ever received, I am most humble right now. It definately warms the heart, and makes me strive for even better. Thank you so much. All of us here at Lovers Point, devote ourselves to provide our guests with the best service possible. We want you to feel "right at home," and I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to provide such service to you and your girlfriend! Please, come back and see me soon! I will always take care of you and ready to take your reservation. Call me directly. Again, thank you so so much for such a beautiful review. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager.

Been to Lovers Point Inn? Share your experiences!