We stayed here for the weekend for two nights. Checked in Friday and left on Sunday. Overall, we had a very pleasant experience with this property and the very nice staff.
1. Great location! Lovers Point is across the street, there is a little park and a small beach to lounge on. It is also only a quick 5 minute drive to Cannery Row.
2. Very reasonable rate! We almost booked closer to Cannery Row, but I was shocked at how high the prices were. This property is very close (we walked from the aquarium one day as it is only a mile) and more than half the price.
3. Newly updated decor and large room! I can only speak for the King Suite, but it was very large and freshly updated. We loved the partial ocean view. Although it looks over the top of another hotel, it was still gorgeous and we could still hear the ocean.
4. The staff was very nice and fixed most issues right away (except the parking issue which I describe below, granted there isn't much they could have done about this)
5. Breakfast was great! The complimentary continental breakfast was great! Lots of options and seating out front close to the park was a nice way to start the day.
1. We did have ants in our room one day, but the staff took care of this problem quickly.
2. Parking was not adequate later at night. One day we had to park on the street because both the outside and underground lots were full. I asked the staff and they said just park on the street. No apology or anything. We only had this problem once when coming home late after dinner. It seems like they don't check parking passes here and I noticed many cars did not have tickets to park. Maybe if they started checking and were more strict about parking we wouldn't have had to park on the street.
Overall we had a great experience and we will definitely be staying here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lovers Point Inn is located on the coast of historic Pacific Grove, California. Just moments from the beach, we are centrally located between Monterey and Pebble Beach. Within a mile is Cannery Row and the famous Monterey Bay Aquarium, as well as many choices for fine dining, shopping, and other family experiences. We have a variety of one and two bed rooms, many with ocean views. A perfect place for a getaway for the entire family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Lovers Point Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lover`s Point Hotel Pacific Grove
- Lovers Point Hotel
- Lovers Point Motel