“Overall a great value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Pacific Grove
Fresno
“Overall a great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here for the weekend for two nights. Checked in Friday and left on Sunday. Overall, we had a very pleasant experience with this property and the very nice staff.

Pros:
1. Great location! Lovers Point is across the street, there is a little park and a small beach to lounge on. It is also only a quick 5 minute drive to Cannery Row.
2. Very reasonable rate! We almost booked closer to Cannery Row, but I was shocked at how high the prices were. This property is very close (we walked from the aquarium one day as it is only a mile) and more than half the price.
3. Newly updated decor and large room! I can only speak for the King Suite, but it was very large and freshly updated. We loved the partial ocean view. Although it looks over the top of another hotel, it was still gorgeous and we could still hear the ocean.
4. The staff was very nice and fixed most issues right away (except the parking issue which I describe below, granted there isn't much they could have done about this)
5. Breakfast was great! The complimentary continental breakfast was great! Lots of options and seating out front close to the park was a nice way to start the day.

Cons:
1. We did have ants in our room one day, but the staff took care of this problem quickly.
2. Parking was not adequate later at night. One day we had to park on the street because both the outside and underground lots were full. I asked the staff and they said just park on the street. No apology or anything. We only had this problem once when coming home late after dinner. It seems like they don't check parking passes here and I noticed many cars did not have tickets to park. Maybe if they started checking and were more strict about parking we wouldn't have had to park on the street.

Overall we had a great experience and we will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: Corner suites on the 3rd floor have ocean views and lots of sun.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
ErickaLO: Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this review. I am so happy to hear that even though there were issues with parking, that will not discourage you from staying with us again. We are extremely strict on parking, because we do have one parking space per room. However, sometimes, an extra car sneaks right passed us. I will personally pay extra attention to that. I am pleased to hear that you did enjoy the room, our location and our breakfast! Please come back to see us soon, and if you call me directly, I will personally take care of your reservation needs. I will make sure to make the best stay possible for you. Thank you again for this review. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We found LPI via tripadvisor and are so glad we did. We've stayed at many other hotels and motels in the Monterey area over a couple decades. We've stayed at a friend's vacation condo on the beach when it was available. None was as convenient and enjoyable as our stay at LPI. From my call to Sindy to make reservations a few weeks before our vacation, to checkout after our 3 night stay, we couldn't have been happier with our choice to stay at LPI.

I'm a Hawai'i native and am familiar with the challenges locals must endure while working in the tourist/hospitality industry. LPI staff must be equally challenged to provide excellent customer service with a genuine smile and good-nature while dealing with the demands of tired travelers. But they succeed! I had several interactions with front desk personnel as well as housekeeping staff. All were pleasant, helpful, and eager to accommodate. Sindy runs a tight ship and refuses to accept excuses from her staff for anything less than excellence in customer service. The passion she has for her job is exceptional. She brings the spirit of aloha to her job (yup, even in Pacific Grove) though she may not have known it by that name.

The previous reviews give accurate descriptions of the premises, rooms and breakfasts. LPI does a good job trying to make a really outdated building serve the demands of today's patron. If you want fancy, expensive, and pretentious accommodations, surly bellhops and valets waiting for tips and disinterested front desk clerks, go somewhere else. Otherwise, stop searching for a place to stay, and book at LPI now! Tip: book directly with Sindy. You'll probably get a better room and rates than going through an online booking site.

Mahalo LPI crew! A hui hou! We'll be back soon. Ok,... maybe not that soon, but during the off-season. Aloha kākou.

• Stayed February 2013
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
TitaNui: Aloha to you from Lovers Point Inn! I would like to personally thank you so so much for taking the time to write us this review, I really means so much to all of us. I'm so honored to read such a review, "Sindy brings the spirit of aloha to her job." This is exactly why I am in Hospitality, because of people like you! You make our jobs so easy. We all pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service; making our guests feel right at home. I'm so happy that your friends birthday was a hit! I thank you for sharing the video with me, it was truly something special. I'm definately at an "ah" right now, pretty speachless about this beautiful review. THANK YOU, doesn't seem to be enough. Come back and see me soon please. My new found friends! Sindy Buentello, LPI Manager. Aloha!
Bothell, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Lovers Point Inn is about a 25 minute walk from downtown Monterrey yet the price is much more reasonable. It is an obviously dated place. You'll love the countertop and shower surrounds. the toilet/shower room is very tight and the countertops are extremely low. Despite these dated elements, the room is fairly comfortable with modern bedding and appliances. The staff is very friendly and will help with maps and other services and recommendations. Their free breakfast is best eaten in your room, but is higher in protein options than most hotels. We would have no qualms about staying there again

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
MrTeachCP: I want to thank you for taking the time to write this review, and thank you for noticing we do "Try Hard." We do our best to make our guests feel special and welcomed: From a smiling face at registraion to new bedding and appliances in our rooms. From our complimentary expanded contintal breakfast in the morning to our latest addition: Hospitality Hour (Wine and Cheese Reception) on Saturday evenings. It is our way of letting our guests know, "You are appreciated." So, even though our washroom area may be a bit "tight," I'm pleased to hear that does not discourage you from coming back and staying with us. If you are back in Pacific Grove, please give me call directly, I can take care of your reservation needs. Again, thank you so much for taking the time. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager.
paso robles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were pleasantly surprized to find this little gem right at the ocean front for such a reasonable price. The beds were comfortable--I haden't slept better in weeks--the rooms were tastefully done and the hospitality on the weekend--wine,cheeze,etc. as well as the continental breakfast, couldn't have been better at the swankiest hotels around. Thumbs up" to the staff that provide the service and the owners who have really turned this place around. Now I have a place in Pacific Grove that is going to be "my go to."

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
evelyvpasorobles: What an honor it is for us that you have chosen us as your "to go" spot and to name us the "Best Spot" in Pacific Grove...Wow! We absolutely welcome you, your friends and family to come and stay with us. The continental breakfast is wonderful, and we just added fresh fruit salad to the menu. We also set up the wine reception on Saturday evenings as our way to say "Thank you" to all our valued guests. So, I am glad you were able to enjoy. Come back and see us soon. If you call me directly, I can take care of your reservation needs. Again, I want to personally thank you for making us your "go to" spot. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager
Santa Rosa, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed here for a family gathering so we had three rooms. No one had a comfortable bed! The rooms are small. If there is only one bed in the room, then it's okay but when they cram two uncomfortable beds in the same room...it is impossible to navigate. The bathroom was literally 5' X 5'. You could NOT close the door when you were on the toilet! The breakfast room was non-existent and the breakfast consisted of packaged danish, bagels and yoghurt. The coffee was pretty horrible as well. We had no hot water in the morning for our shower so thought to take a shower in the afternoon. Well, it was only luke warm. The television was SMALL! The parking is scary...an underground area with a blind, one-way entrance/exit. If you have anything bigger than a compact car, you can't turn around. Also, we wanted to cancel the last night to stay with family and gave 24 hours notice but they wouldn't refund the money. However, the place was clean, the front staff was friendly, the location is very convenient for everything. However, I wouldn't stay here again or recommend it to anyone else. There are plenty of other places in the area for better value.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Booked 3 rooms for a family get away and was absolutely blown away by the ocean front views on Pacific Grove's Lover's Point
Right across the street from the beach and famous beach front walking trail. The rooms were recently remodeled and beautifully decorated. The staff, especially Cindy and Cathy couldn't do more for us. The breakfast.. delicious! I totally hesitated to write this review because the price is so incredibly reasonable that I wanted to keep it a secret :) But the fact is, these people worked so hard to get it right and to please that they deserve all of these kudos!

• Stayed January 2013
dbrala: I am so pleased to hear you had a "Perfect Weekend Getaway." I appreciate you "letting the secret out," it allows other travlers know about our special inn that we are all so oproud of. Our location is perfectly located right across the street from Lovers Point Beach, and only about 1 mile to Cannery Row. I agree, our ocean view rooms are breath taking! Thank you so much for the "kudos," we do our best to acommodate, to help, and to make our guests feel special and welcomed. Cathy is one of our star front desk clerks, I'm happy she was helpful and kind to you. Please come back to see us again soon, and if you give me a call directly, I will personally take care of your reservation needs. Thank you again for writing us this wonderful review.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Check in was easy and we received a friendly welcome. The hospitality hour Sat. evening was fabulous with wine and cheese and nibbles. The room (3rd floor King with ocean view) was spacious and nicely appointed. I did need my earplugs because of a marathon taking place right in front of the hotel early Sunday morning, but the earplugs solved the problem. The staff were very friendly and their dinner recommendations were wonderful. Walking distance to Cannery Row and restaurants and shops in Pacific Grove. We'll be back!

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms have ocean views
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Wandering_cloud : This is so special, for you to write us such a fantastic review..."Perfect Weekend Getaway." You honor us with such a review. I hope you come back soon. If you give me a call directly, I can take care of your reservation needs. Again, thank you for taking the time to write us this review. Sindy Buentello, LPI Manager

Been to Lovers Point Inn? Share your experiences!