“Great Value!” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   625 Ocean View Boulevard, Pacific Grove, CA 93950   |
Ranked #7 of 17 hotels in Pacific Grove
“Great Value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

You can't beat the price and location for this Inn. The staff was super friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Right across from the ocean, easy walking distance to Cannery Row. Good coffee, muffins, toast, bagels, yogurt and cereal for breakfast, a nice way to start the day. A good choice if you are looking for economy in Pacific Beach.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
elaineblee: Thank you so much for writing this review! I'm so happy to hear that you found us to be a "Great Value." To hear that you enjoyed everything about your stay with us, just lets us and other travelers know that we are here to take good care of our guests and provide the best service we possibly can. If you come back to Pacific Grove, I do hope you keep us in mind as your next vacation destination. If you call me directly, I will personally take care of your reservation needs. Thank you again. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager.

401 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent this last weekend at Lovers Point Inn and we loved it! We booked online and my boyfriend then called to ask a couple questions regarding the room and things to do. Sindy is who he spoke to. He had nothing but great things to say about her right away! She was so sweet, so welcoming, and upgraded our room before we even arrived to accommodate some requests my boyfriend had! (Thanks Sindy!) When we arrived we were greeted by Cathy. Such a nice woman and sooo informative! You could ask her all the questions you want and she'll give you maps and details on everything! Not at all irritated and somewhat annoyed sounding like you can get at the front desk of some places. The hotel is smaller and quaint. EXACTLY what we were looking for! We knew that a B&B would be too uncomfortable for us, we don't want to feel like we are staying in someones home. And a big hotel just didn't offer enough intimacy and romance. Lovers Point Inn was PERFECT! Its right across from the beach so with about a 15 second walk you're overlooking the ocean. Its a mile away from Cannery Row and there's a path right across from the Inn that walks along the ocean, it is GORGEOUS!!! I recommend leaving your car and getting in the amazing view as much as possible. Our stay there was really amazing, my favorite things have to be the coffee and tea they have in the front ALL DAY (I'm a coffee junkie), and the staff! We met Sindy the second day of our stay, and talked to her at least 30 minutes while checking out too (what a sweetheart!) We already are planning our next trip back! Thanks Lover Point Inn, Sindy, and Cathy, it was a fabulous weekend! Til next time...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Marissa B: This is such a special review. I'm so happy to hear that enjoyed your stay with us, and that you were treated well. We aim to please our guests, and our goal is to make you feel warm and welcome. Cathy works very hard to please each and every one of our guest. I'm so glad she was able to do that for you. Please, come back to visit us soon, and I will always take care of your reservation needs. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to write us this wonderful review. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager.
Brentwood, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

In an area of high price hotels and bed and breakfasts, this Inn is a great discovery.
It begins with the welcoming of the office staff, Cindy the manager couldn't be more
professional, and at the same time very warm and helpful. All of the staff we encountered
were great.
This is our third visit to Lovers Point Inn over the years and each time they have continued
to improve the property and the accommodations. The rooms are very charming and
the beds and bedding are as comfortable as we have encountered in higher priced hotels.
Then there's the view, one of the best on the Monterey Peninsula and visible from many
of the rooms at the Inn.
It is a great location, close proximity to anything and anyplace you wish to visit on the Peninsula, and much of it is within walking distance.
What else can I say? I can tell you that there is also a wonderful "Continental Breakfast"
which is actually so much more. They do a great job, fresh fruits, hard boiled eggs, wonderful
yogurts, pastries, bagels, juices and coffees, everything you need to get you started on your
day of fun.
We will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Phyllis L: We appreciate the time you took to write us such a beautiful review. We, as a team, work very hard to provide excellent customer service, the nicest; cleanest; most comfortable beds and bedding we can provide. We continuously remodel, change and upgrade our rooms. So, Thank You so much for noticing. We just took over a vacation rental "The Mermaid Beach House at Lovers Point." Please come back to see us soon. If you call me directly, I can personally take care of your reservation needs. If you have time during your next visit, I can give you a personal tour of our vacation home. Again, thank you so much for noticing the improvements we have made. Also, thank you for such compliment you give me. But, we all work well as a team, and I always say "It takes a village to make us # 1 In Pacific Grove. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager.
La Habra, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Just to be clear, this is not a hotel. It is a motel. It looks like an apartment building, where all the doors face an outside walkway. The outside parking is so-so. The rooms are average motel rooms with the usual bed(s) bathroom, TV, refrigerator and table. Nothing to ooo and ahhh over. BUT, and here is a big but...the location CAN NOT be beat! And the customer is service is top. I booked a double bed room. I called in advance to explain that I was a very light sleeper and needed the quietest room possible. Usually, when I do this, I am told that they can give me a quieter room for a “fee” or they just don’t listen to me at all. However, upon arrival, the lady at the front desk told me she put me on the top floor, and gave me a quiet room. WOW! I opened the windows and thoroughly enjoyed the sea breeze. Our room overlooked the water, and the serene scene….breathtaking. We took morning walks along the water, and my husband said it was the perfect place to jog. Again, the location is great! The “hotel” is just far enough away from the touristy Cannery Row, but still close enough to get to the places we wanted to see. I will stay here again and again. It was as if I was staying in an apartment on the beach, right in the middle of a gorgeous neighborhood. I prefer this to ANY touristy part of town. It was perfect for a family trip!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
RachJim: I am so pleased to hear that we were able to take care of all your reservation requests. I remember speaking to you over the telephone and taking all your needs into consideration. We aim to please our guests, and make Customer Service our priority. We welcome you back anytime, and please call me directly. I will always take care of your reservation needs. I hope to see you soon, and you can enjoy our "breath taking serene scene." Sindy Buentello LPI Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a great hotel. We love to go to pacific grove and love staying in this hotel. It is right across the street from Lovers Point. You can walk on the beach or just watch the ocean out your room window. The staff is always so nice and so helpful. They have a great breakfast bar and coffee available all the time. We will always love this this place and will always go back.

• Stayed January 2013
Yountownusa: I would like to thank you for letting other travelers know that Lovers Point Inn is "Always the best choice." We welcome you back anytime, and if you call me directly, I will personally take care of your reservation needs. Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this review, and we look forward to serving your reservation needs. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager.
Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We visited Pacific Grove recently and as usual our stay at Lovers Point Inn was fantastic. We were blessed with fabulous weather. We're all seafood lovers so a couple of days at Pacific Grove to fill up on seafood from all up and down the coast was just what we all needed. Lovers Point Inn is always the best part of a busy day when were there. The view from the third floor is beautiful over looking the pacific ocean and their complimentry breakfast bar is really good. We will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Jean P: Thank you for wonderful review "Coastal Beauty," wow that is such a compliment. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Anytime you want to come take a few days admiring the Pacific Ocean from our 3rd floor rooms, give me a call. I will personally take care of your reservation. Thank you again for such a wonderful review. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager.
Maui, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a top rate motel, but I thought from the name it was a hotel, so i was very disappointed in that the bed is a couple feet from the door to the room which is up against the exterior corridor. Staff is exceptionally accommodating and room is clean and comfortable, but I left after one night as I was in Pacific Grove for healthcare and needed a full service hotel with spaciousness to rest between treatments.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
TravelingAloha: Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Lovers Point Inn. To say that we are a top rate motel, is so wonderful to hear. You are correct, unfortunatley we are not a full service hotel. But, we are always willing and able to do anything needed to make your stay more comfortable and pleasurable. Extra bedding, seating, call for in room spa treatment; whatever it takes. Still, I am glad to hear that you did enjoy your stay with us. Again, thank you for taking the time to write us this review. I hope you are feeling better and I wish you a speedy recovery. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager.

Been to Lovers Point Inn? Share your experiences!