“Excellent location on Monterey Bay” 4 of 5 stars

Lovers Point Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   625 Ocean View Boulevard, Pacific Grove, CA 93950   |
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Pacific Grove
Walnut Creek, California
“Excellent location on Monterey Bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Inn was beautifully decorated for Christmas and our room was quite comfortable. The desk person was very friendly and helpful. We crossed the street to the path along the ocean and enjoyed our walk in the late afternoon sunshine. I would recommend having a room on the 3rd or 4th floors to get the maximum ocean/bay view, but views can be seen from the 2nd floor also. The continental breakfast was a bonus, with a selection of breads, bagels, muffins and good coffee.We will definitely stay here again. I walked to the Aquarium and back in the morning along a paved bike path to the Cannery. Lunch, dinner or full breakfasts, in good restaurants, can be found close by in Pacific Grove. We also had our picnic lunch in the Lover's Point Park, across the street, as we watched surfers and other ocean activities .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
BillandPam_11: It seems you enjoyed all there is we have to offer here at Lovers Point Inn. We work hard to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable during their stay. So I want to thank you so much for writing us such a wonderful review. You give us, and other travelers the opportunity to learn more about our establishment and our surroundings. We do hope to see you again soon. Please contact me directly, I will personally take care of your reservation needs. Sindy Buentello, LPI Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Coloma, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Enough pillows but mattress was very poor. We had three rooms. Two of the rooms had beds with dips in the middle. The continental breakfast made life easy in the morning. The parking garage under the building was appreciated. Beautiful 15-20 walk to the aquarium. A nice park and beach across the street.

• Stayed December 2012
LoversPointInn, Owner at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Alwayslooingforad..,

Thanks for your recent review of the Lovers Point Inn. As a small family owned business, the feedback of our valued guests is critical to our continued improvement. We take each and every one of our reviews to heart and hope that our reviewers take a moment to read our responses. After reading your review, we immediately researched your party's reservation to determine what rooms you stayed in. We take the comfort of our guests seriously, so after identifying which beds were not up to our standards, we have taken steps to replace them. As a rule, if a guest contacts us with an issue, we take immediate action to solve the problem. Had you or your party contacted us during your stay we would have made arrangements to insure your comfort. We thank you very much for your positive comments concerning the remaider of your stay and I invite you to contact our General Manager Sindy directly to see how we may make your next visit to the Lovers Point Inn a better one.

Diamond Hunter
Owner
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel looks nothing like the pictures. We were very disappointed. The room was old and needed repairs. It was very noise and the parking is terrible. We paid extra for the ocean view. The view was nice. We got up early and got out of there as quickly as possible. When i booked I tried to get a second night but they were booked thank God. Enough said. Do not stay here.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear pokemomim,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Lovers Point Inn. While your stay may not have been to your liking, I can assure you that all the pictures on our website, our partner's websites and our collateral material are accurate, undoctored and updated representations of each of our room types. You will be pleased to know that we have undertaken a refreshing program for each of our rooms that includes new paint, baseboards and crown molding as well as bedding. It also includes upgraded closet/storage areas and will eventually feature new vertical wood blinds. As a small family owned business we strive to provide our guests with the best possible experience from the customer service they receive at the front desk to the comfort and cleanliness of our rooms. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly.

Diamond Hunter
Owner
Monterey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel just because of where I saw it was located at Lover's Point. One review commented about the parking lot that is situated in front of the hotel, what hotel does not have a parking lot or a street adjacent to it? If the only thing that person could focus on was the street then I feel sorry for them. The hotel has a wonderful view, in fact, it doesn't get much better! It was a clear day and evening and I saw clear across the bay to Santa Cruz. To see the ocean waves crashing up against the rocks from my room was incredible! The room was clean, the staff was beyond friendly (and personable), my girlfriend and I felt like honeymooners: wine and cheese happy hour, champagne in the room at sunset and cheese, crackers and sweets in the room; 5 star hotel quality in my book! The bed was extremely comfortable and plenty of blankets, if needed. I've never seen such a cleaner bathroom and a totally dustless environment. Happy we stayed! I suggest this to everyone!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
We are so happy you stayed as well, and thank you so much for this wonderful review. It brings us such pleasure to hear you were able to enjoy every aspect of our inn, including the parking. Thank youf or letting us and all other travelers about Lovers Point Inn, and if you decide you would like to come back, please call me directly. I will personally take care of your reservation needs. Sindy Buentello, LPI Manager
chicagp
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

After a rocky check-in due to Expedia not forwarding our paid reservation (thats a whole other story). The Manager Sindy, made our 5 day visit during Thanksgiving a wonderful experiance. They more than made up for any problems we had during check-in. The views we spectacilar. Every morning My Husband walked out at Sun rise and took pictures of Sea Lions, Birds and Otters. Over all our experience was wonderful!!!

Tom and Christy of Chicago

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Tom and Christy, Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this review. I must say, you made my Thanksgiving that much more special as well. I was able to spend personal time with you and your family, met your daughter, your son-in-law and grand baby. I'm so happy that I was able to make your stay a bit more comfortable, after the terrible mixup with your reservation. I'm sure after spending 5 days with us, it is good to be back home. If you have any future plans to coming back and visiting Pacific Grove, please keep Lovers Point Inn in mind as your vacation destination. If you call me directly, I will personally take care of your all your reservation needs. Happy Holidays to you and your family! Sindy Buentello LPI Manager
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have lived on the peninsula my entire life. I have wanted to get away for a while and haven't been able to. So I decided to stay at Lovers Point and what a great decision that was! The view was FABULOUS! The wine and cheese for happy hour in the quaint lobby was perfect and ALL of the staff was incredibly warm and friendly. The delicious homemade candies from the famous Carousel Candies on Monterey's Wharf was a wonderful surprise. I was vacationing in one of the most beautiful and romantic spots in the world and I was at home! I never get the opportunity to enjoy my hometown and boy did I! The hotel was clean, amenities were wonderful and the bed was sooo comfy! A must stay for a romantic getaway. I would suggest this lovely gem for anyone who has family or friends coming into town or if you simply want to get away but cannot afford to go far from home. Lovers Point.... how romantic. I'm still smiling!

Room Tip: I would definitely suggest a "Room with a View"- the 3rd floor.