“Happy we stayed” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Pacific Grove
Monterey
“Happy we stayed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel just because of where I saw it was located at Lover's Point. One review commented about the parking lot that is situated in front of the hotel, what hotel does not have a parking lot or a street adjacent to it? If the only thing that person could focus on was the street then I feel sorry for them. The hotel has a wonderful view, in fact, it doesn't get much better! It was a clear day and evening and I saw clear across the bay to Santa Cruz. To see the ocean waves crashing up against the rocks from my room was incredible! The room was clean, the staff was beyond friendly (and personable), my girlfriend and I felt like honeymooners: wine and cheese happy hour, champagne in the room at sunset and cheese, crackers and sweets in the room; 5 star hotel quality in my book! The bed was extremely comfortable and plenty of blankets, if needed. I've never seen such a cleaner bathroom and a totally dustless environment. Happy we stayed! I suggest this to everyone!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
We are so happy you stayed as well, and thank you so much for this wonderful review. It brings us such pleasure to hear you were able to enjoy every aspect of our inn, including the parking. Thank youf or letting us and all other travelers about Lovers Point Inn, and if you decide you would like to come back, please call me directly. I will personally take care of your reservation needs. Sindy Buentello, LPI Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
chicagp
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

After a rocky check-in due to Expedia not forwarding our paid reservation (thats a whole other story). The Manager Sindy, made our 5 day visit during Thanksgiving a wonderful experiance. They more than made up for any problems we had during check-in. The views we spectacilar. Every morning My Husband walked out at Sun rise and took pictures of Sea Lions, Birds and Otters. Over all our experience was wonderful!!!

Tom and Christy of Chicago

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Tom and Christy, Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this review. I must say, you made my Thanksgiving that much more special as well. I was able to spend personal time with you and your family, met your daughter, your son-in-law and grand baby. I'm so happy that I was able to make your stay a bit more comfortable, after the terrible mixup with your reservation. I'm sure after spending 5 days with us, it is good to be back home. If you have any future plans to coming back and visiting Pacific Grove, please keep Lovers Point Inn in mind as your vacation destination. If you call me directly, I will personally take care of your all your reservation needs. Happy Holidays to you and your family! Sindy Buentello LPI Manager
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have lived on the peninsula my entire life. I have wanted to get away for a while and haven't been able to. So I decided to stay at Lovers Point and what a great decision that was! The view was FABULOUS! The wine and cheese for happy hour in the quaint lobby was perfect and ALL of the staff was incredibly warm and friendly. The delicious homemade candies from the famous Carousel Candies on Monterey's Wharf was a wonderful surprise. I was vacationing in one of the most beautiful and romantic spots in the world and I was at home! I never get the opportunity to enjoy my hometown and boy did I! The hotel was clean, amenities were wonderful and the bed was sooo comfy! A must stay for a romantic getaway. I would suggest this lovely gem for anyone who has family or friends coming into town or if you simply want to get away but cannot afford to go far from home. Lovers Point.... how romantic. I'm still smiling!

Room Tip: I would definitely suggest a "Room with a View"- the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JenyLen: It is fantastic to hear that you are still smiling after staying with us here at Lovers Point Inn. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of our inn, including the staff, the location, the hospitality hour and even the romance in the air. What an honor it is to hear you call us a "local gem." Please come back and visit us soon. If you call me directly, I can take care of your reservation needs. Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this review. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed on a late October weekend for his birthday. We couldn't have been more pleased. We were a little surprised at the 4:00 check-in, but had no trouble finding something to do while we waited. This is an older hotel but one of the cleanest we've ever stayed in. We had the 3rd floor suite which was roomy and comfortable. The sitting room had a large tv and comfy couch and was bright and cheery. The bedroom also had a good sized tv, couch, and a great bed with lots of poofy pillows. The dressing area was large with two sinks and plenty of counter space as well as closet space for hanging clothes. While the bathroom itself was tiny, it was very clean and I absolutely loved the shower! Sindy at the front desk couldn't have been nicer and made sure everything was to our liking. This hotel is in a great location with a beautiful ocean park a few steps away. Pacific Grove, Monterey and Carmel are such fun places to visit with lots to see and do. We found some great places to eat and speaking of eating, the hotel breakfast was very good with delicious coffee. We're lucky enough to live only a few hours away so staying at this hotel again is definitely in our plans. Thank you, Diamond and Sindy and all of the staff for making Ken's birthday special and our stay a great one. We'll see you again... and that's a promise!

Room Tip: The 3rd floor suite is roomy and has a good view of the water.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
We would all like to thank you for writing us such a wonderful review about your "fun fun birthday weekend." It is our pleasure to make you feel welcome and satisfied with your accommodations. We make it our priority to make our guests feel as if they are right at home when they stay with us, and by the sounds of your review, we made you feel just that. It warms my heart to know that we made your birthday weekend, a special one. Now, you say you promise to come back, will I am here, waiting to hear from you to to personally take care of your reservation. Thank you so much for writing us this review, it means so much to us. Happy Holidays to you! Sindy Buentello LPI Manager.
San Ramon, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed over Saturday night 11/24. Nice hotel, GREAT value for the money, clean, quiet, and how can you beat the view? The hospitality is second to none; we needed to check-out at 5:30 in the a.m. to be at the dive boat on Sunday. We inquired at the front desk and were told no one is there at that ungodly hour, but, all we had to do was leave the curtains open for housekeeping to see we had left. But even better, the hostess (and I assume owner?) offered us up their "continental" style breakfast to be sure we had something to eat before all that activity. Would I stay there again... you bet. I definitely give this place two fins up!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve S: To know that you gave our inn "2 fins up," well that just makes us all proud that we know how to be hospitable fo our guests. That is the reason we are all in this business. Thank you so much for letting us and other travelers know that you were treated so well, you enjoyed our inn, and that you will be back for sure. Please give me a call directly, I will personally take care of your reservation needs. Happy Holidays! Sindy Buentello LPI Manager.
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We booked on expedia and when we arrived at the hotel there was no room at the inn. They told us the expedia reservation had come in after they were fully booked. We were told that there was a half marathon that day and most of the hotels were all booked but they managed to get us a room at the hotel next door. It had a slightly better location for the ocean view but was not quite up to the standard we were expecting. Given that the Manager did her utmost to make the situation the best she could for us including inviting us to their breakfast which was quite adequate. We were more than happy with the result. The walk from that location to the aquarium is great and we saw a lot of animal life on the way including many sea otters. As a result I gave them 4 stars. I deducted one since I did not actually see the rooms at the hotel so can't comment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
buisonkoss: I appreciate so much that you took the time out of your busy schedule to write this review for Lovers Point Inn. I'm so pleased to hear that even though there was a mix up with your reservation, and I had to find a different accommodations for you and your family, you were satisfied with the end result. I remember speaking with you in person, and I just wanted you and your family to have a decent place to stay, not far from our inn, so that you all could take advantage of our beautiful scenery. I'm glad I was able to personally assist you through the mixup, and made the transaction just a little bit smoother. Thank you again for your kindness and your patience, and again for taking the time to write us this wonderful review. If ever you come back to Pacific Grove, please call me directly so that I may personally take care of your reservation needs. Many thanks, Sindy Buentello LPI Manager.
Fontana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I recently stayed at Lovers Point Inn, and it was the best experience I ever had. From the moment I checked in with (Diane) The lovely "turkey tree" is to die for! I travel alone, so carrying so much to my room is quite a struggle. I stayed for 3 full days (Monterey Visitors Website say 3 nights for the price of 1) (Herman) helped me transfer my luggage from the car, up to my room. The afternoon pie, hot chocolate and tea provided was a warm touch, I was able to talk with (Jason) and he recommended a wonderful restaurant (Joe Rombi's) a nice walk only a few blocks up from the hotel. I was put in room 311 and the view is fantastic! I peaked through the surrounding rooms, and it seems that the room was given to me was just renovated? I'm greatful for that, because I am a light sleepr and I had the best sleep ever! The bed is so comfortable, I melted in it. The new closet is spacious (i was here for 3 days so lots of clothes) the fan had a nice touch, the flat screen tv was perfect in size (I enjoyed watching the tube after a long adventerous day exploring Pacific Grove and Monterey). The power went out for just a few minutes because of the weather, so I dialed the front desk and (Cathy) instructed me to keep the flashlight provided in the room near by...just in case. But, everything was fine and no more power outages. The breakfast in the morning is perfect. It's not a full breakfast, but it's enough to get you full and get your day started. I tell you, i was treated so well, I will be sure to come back time and time again. The price is excellent for the the room, and the outstanding service you get! Thanks to the staff and location of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Frank C: Thank you so much for this wonderful review you titled "Outstanding Service." It reassures us that we are performing to the best of our abilities. Yes, you are correct, room 311 is one of our newly remodeled rooms, I'm so happy you were able to enjoy. It is our job to make you feel welcome and comfortable during your stay with us. So glad to hear we met your expectations. If you are in need for more adventure in Pacific Grove, I hope you make Lovers Point Inn your vacation destination. Please give me a call, I will personally take care of your reservation needs. Thank you again for taking the time for writing us this wonderful review. Sindy Buentello, LPI Manger.

Been to Lovers Point Inn? Share your experiences!