“Good Choice for Aquarium Visit” 4 of 5 stars

Lovers Point Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   625 Ocean View Boulevard, Pacific Grove, CA 93950   |
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Pacific Grove
Jacksonville, Oregon
“Good Choice for Aquarium Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This motel is a good mid-range choice (not too fancy, not too modest). It is across the street from Monterey Bay. A charming water-side path brings you to Cannery Row. I think it took us under 30 minutes for the walk. The rooms are not fancy but they are functional. The continental breakfast is OK/so-so, so we skipped it in favor of a restaurant meal. The front-desk staff was pleasant. We bought the two-day aquarium pass they offered, for the price of a one-day admission. The underground parking was tight and one-way in and out, so it was a bit dicey to back out. The outside parking is preferable. The more-expensive Cannery Row hotels are in the midst of more noise, including lots of delivery trucks in the morning, plus crowds, so we feel Lovers Point offers a more calm and relaxed experience. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: We liked the location of our 2nd floor bay-view room near the elevator, but not directly across from...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
LKayD, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, as well as with other travelers. We are conveniently located 1 mile south of the Monterey Bay Aquarium and we do sell the 2 for 1 passes, which makes it easy for our guests because you can enjoy 2 full days (and you don't have to wait in line). Located in Pacific Grove, allows our guests to enjoy all the scenic and tourist areas the Peninsulas has to offer, but you can be sure to enjoy peace and tranquility at our inn. I'm happy to hear that you would stay with us again, and I do hope to see you again soon. Please call me directly, I will take care of reservation needs. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Downey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I loved this place, what a great location. Stff was outstanding, very friendly and helpful. View was great from our second floor room. The room had almost everything in it minus a frig. Room was large and roomy and well lit. Hotel is close to everything and many walking trails all around. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and will stay there again. Loved the Halloween decorations outside and in.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RC918, I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Lovers Point Inn. I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed our Halloween Decorations! Did you happen to catch the witch had on the mermaid? We love to decorate for all seasons and occassions, next up..Fall and Christmas! Maybe you can come back then and see all the new decorations? Give me a call, I will take care of your reservations. Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this review and naming it "Great place to stay." Sindy Buentello LPI Manager
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Lovers Point Inn for 2 nights. We decided to head to the Monterey area for a romantic getaway. First and foremost once in the town Pacific Grove, the drive along the coastal Ocean View boulevard was exceptional and lead us right to the Lovers Point Inn which is literally right across the street from Lovers Point Beach. As soon as we arrived at our destination around sunset, we were amazed at the colorful Halloween Decor and lights. We were quite hungry when we arrived so we were pleasantly surprised when the front desk staff offered us delicious cookies and coffee which we chose to eat outside in front of the hotel. We took our cookies and coffee out in front where they had tables and chairs next to a mermaid fountain -my girlfriend fell in love with the fountain. They even had outside heaters which made for a romantic ambiance for my girlfriend and I. The rooms were cozy and the decor was in good taste with a ocean motive, but what I really appreciated was how clean the rooms were. The room came with all of the necessities, a flat screen TV, microwave oven, refrigerator, and a comfortable bed. My girlfriend and I especially loved the mornings there. The first thing we did in the morning when we woke up in the was stand outside of our 3rd floor room and admire the spectacular ocean view. The breakfast was perfect to start the day off with yogurt, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, croissants, cereal... The staff kept the breakfast area well supplied all along with smiling faces and pleasant conversation. After breakfast were we able to walk along that same coastal path of ocean view boulevard to Cannery Row which was about a mile away from the hotel. The entire time we were there we didn't have to get in our car. All in all it was the perfect weekend getaway and the perfect find.. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: the upper floor rooms are well worth it..spectacular ocean views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
saul r: It pleases me to hear that you and your girlfriend enjoyed every part of your stay with us, from our Halloween decorations, breakfast, clean room, breath taking views, our customer service to all the ameneties in the room. We take pride in customer service! We work very hard to make sure our guests feel welcome and comfortable, so I'm happy to hear you received Class A service from us. I am looking out of our lobby window now, and I must say, the view is amazing. This time of year, we are able to see the best sunrise/sunset. You are not too far from us, so anytime you feel the need to capture the breath taking view again, please give me call directly. I will make sure to take care of your reservation needs. Thank you very much, for allowing us to take care of your and your girlfriend's accommodations. I hope to see you both soon. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager
Danville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Lovers Point Inn was our first destination of our california trip. My parents had traveled from South Africa to the US to travel along the west coast. To be honest, out of all the 4 to 5 star hotels we had stayed in along trip- including in LA, San Diego and Las Vegas. This was by far our favorite and most tranquil stay. We arrived and were greeted by vary friendly and helpful staff. The rooms, beds and linen were very clean and quite comfortable. Not to mention they go the extra mile by putting little chocolates next to your bed. The hotel is situated right along the ocean- so expect a quiet and peaceful stay. It's a walkable distance from great restaurants and cute, quaint stores. All in all, our stay was wonderful and I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sami988, Wow! I appreciate so much this amazing review you have written us. What an honor! We pride ourselves in excellent customer service, clean rooms, comfortable stay, and breathtaking views! I do hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation, and if you are back around our area, please give me a call, I will personally take care of your accommodations. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager
Auckland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This place is well located but very dated.

The staff are very friendly and helpfull, but the place although clean, is very old and tired.

A guy on his own, no problem, but not the sort of thing my wife was very happy about staying in.

Would have to say reviews are pretty misleading.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
LoversPointInn, Owner at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear slamminsam

Thank You for your review. As a traveler we value the time you took to review our property and as a small business, your feedback allows us to improve the experience for all our valued guests. You will be happy to know that a recent change in our City's code has allowed us to make some significant upgrades to the interior of our rooms. We are in the process of identifying and initiating those changes and we invite you back in the near future to enjoy the new and improved Lovers Point Inn!

Diamond Hunter - Owner
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed at here for 3 nights in October and had a very nice stay. In fact, the decor and amenities in the room were just right and I felt that I got everything I needed at the price point. Stay here only if you want to wake up (or settle in for the night) with spectacular sunrises/sunsets by the ocean! You just cross the street to a nice park with benches and a small beach. The staff was very friendly, especially the guy checking me in - very thorough with info. You can walk to the aquarium or cannery row from here but it's easier to drive and park - especially if you have kids or are carrying bags, etc. It's so easy to navigate around this town that I stopped relying to google maps to navigate. About the room specifically, the mattress is ready to be replaced (rm 216) but it was ok & I would bring earplugs since you can hear outside noise if you are a light sleeper. I would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
TexasKPB, We appreciate so much that you took time out of your busy schedule to write us such a wonderful review. I'm so happy to hear that Jason was very nice, well informed and helpful during your stay. He is one of our best Front Desk/Reservationists Clerk. I agree, the sunrise/sunset are both very breath taking. We are lucky to be beautifully located across the street from Lovers Point Beach. We are still remodeling some of our rooms, including mattresses. So, please, the next time you decide to come to Pacific Grove, come stay with us The 3rd floor rooms are the best...quiter rooms, better views, feather bedding, no one above your room. Give me a call directly, I will personally take care of your reservation needs. I will make sure to put you in our newly remodeled room. I do hope to see you real soon. Thank you for taking the time. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager.
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed at this Inn for 2 days a Sunday and a Monday night in a second floor room. Our room had a nice view of the ocean through the window but we also had my husbands parents with us and there room #211 only had a small view of the ocean. We normally stay places a little nicer but needed to keep costs down as my husbands parents were visiting from Michigan so we had a lot to see in Ca. Pro's : The staff was friendly and the free breakfast was good. The rooms were clean and the location was across the street from the ocean so that was great! Con's it was pretty noisy the first night. If you have people in the rooms above you, you will hear them and if they are beside you and just a little loud you may hear them also we did. The place is older and we expected this to some extent. The second night was better but you will hear people on there way to and from rooms. If you are not a light sleeper I would say go for it, for the price it was good. If you are expecting a $250.00 type room for $120.00 you are not going to get it, this place is older so pay more if you want more. I would say if noise is a problem get a 3rd floor room. If you want a clean room and a low price, friendly staff but no bells and whistles. Maybe a little noise but close to ocean for a cheap price this is the place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
LoversPointInn, Owner at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Hi Shaylo05

Thanks so much for your review. We appreciate your honest comments and the time you took make them. It is unfortunate that there was some ambient noise when you stayed with us. We make every attempt to place our guests strategically in their chosen rooms in order to make their stay as pleasant as possible.

We use our guest's reviews to improve our product and take every comment to heart. Thanks again and we invite you back to enjoy the Lovers Point Inn

Diamond Hunter - Owner

Been to Lovers Point Inn? Share your experiences!