“Best location and excellent staff” 4 of 5 stars

Lovers Point Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   625 Ocean View Boulevard, Pacific Grove, CA 93950   |
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Pacific Grove
Los Angeles, California
“Best location and excellent staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed at here for 3 nights in October and had a very nice stay. In fact, the decor and amenities in the room were just right and I felt that I got everything I needed at the price point. Stay here only if you want to wake up (or settle in for the night) with spectacular sunrises/sunsets by the ocean! You just cross the street to a nice park with benches and a small beach. The staff was very friendly, especially the guy checking me in - very thorough with info. You can walk to the aquarium or cannery row from here but it's easier to drive and park - especially if you have kids or are carrying bags, etc. It's so easy to navigate around this town that I stopped relying to google maps to navigate. About the room specifically, the mattress is ready to be replaced (rm 216) but it was ok & I would bring earplugs since you can hear outside noise if you are a light sleeper. I would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
TexasKPB, We appreciate so much that you took time out of your busy schedule to write us such a wonderful review. I'm so happy to hear that Jason was very nice, well informed and helpful during your stay. He is one of our best Front Desk/Reservationists Clerk. I agree, the sunrise/sunset are both very breath taking. We are lucky to be beautifully located across the street from Lovers Point Beach. We are still remodeling some of our rooms, including mattresses. So, please, the next time you decide to come to Pacific Grove, come stay with us The 3rd floor rooms are the best...quiter rooms, better views, feather bedding, no one above your room. Give me a call directly, I will personally take care of your reservation needs. I will make sure to put you in our newly remodeled room. I do hope to see you real soon. Thank you for taking the time. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed at this Inn for 2 days a Sunday and a Monday night in a second floor room. Our room had a nice view of the ocean through the window but we also had my husbands parents with us and there room #211 only had a small view of the ocean. We normally stay places a little nicer but needed to keep costs down as my husbands parents were visiting from Michigan so we had a lot to see in Ca. Pro's : The staff was friendly and the free breakfast was good. The rooms were clean and the location was across the street from the ocean so that was great! Con's it was pretty noisy the first night. If you have people in the rooms above you, you will hear them and if they are beside you and just a little loud you may hear them also we did. The place is older and we expected this to some extent. The second night was better but you will hear people on there way to and from rooms. If you are not a light sleeper I would say go for it, for the price it was good. If you are expecting a $250.00 type room for $120.00 you are not going to get it, this place is older so pay more if you want more. I would say if noise is a problem get a 3rd floor room. If you want a clean room and a low price, friendly staff but no bells and whistles. Maybe a little noise but close to ocean for a cheap price this is the place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
LoversPointInn, Owner at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Hi Shaylo05

Thanks so much for your review. We appreciate your honest comments and the time you took make them. It is unfortunate that there was some ambient noise when you stayed with us. We make every attempt to place our guests strategically in their chosen rooms in order to make their stay as pleasant as possible.

We use our guest's reviews to improve our product and take every comment to heart. Thanks again and we invite you back to enjoy the Lovers Point Inn

Diamond Hunter - Owner
Santa Ana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed at the Lovers Point Inn for a second time and it was just as good as the first time. Best location in town, great amenities, awesome staff. Can't say enough about the charm of this hotel. Did I mention the location? That's right, I did. Walk straight down to the beach during the day, walked to a local restaurant for dinner and drinks. Can't get much better than that. Keep it up guys, I'll definitely be back for a third stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mr. Thomas W., Thank you so much for this review! I very much appreciate the time you took to let us and other travelers know how much you enjoy our inn. Please, do come back for your 3rd stay, and as you know, you can give me a call directly, I will personally take care of your reservation needs! I look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you, Sindy Buentello LPI Manager
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night towards the end of a cross-country road trip. We chose to stay on the first level (non-ocean view) about half-way down the motel. I, too, was expecting a bit more after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor prior to our stay. It was a good value for the area, because most motels/hotels are very pricey in that area. The room was small yet adequate. It was clean but the furnishings were a bit dated. The location was great - so close to the coast and many shops & restaurants in town. We got up early the next morning and took a walk along the coast before returning for breakfast. Breakfast was also adequate, pretty much what you would expect for a small motel. Some seagulls were pretty insistent on hanging out near the patio seating waiting for someone to leave food unattended. (Side note: we actually saw one seagull eat an entire hard-boiled egg in one bite, and then a mini-muffin - including wrapper - in a second bite when a girl turned her back on her food. Crazy!) One of the people working the front desk was a little strange - when I asked for a receipt for our hotel charges at check-out he insisted that he had printed one for me the night before (he had not) and glared at me while a second copy was printing. Overall, it was fine for a night, but we probably wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
LoversPointInn, General Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Hello RenoHuskies,

My name is Sindy Buetello and I am the General Manager at the Lovers Point Inn. Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continually improve the experience of our valued guests. You will be pleased to know we are in the process of updating our rooms. I do apologize if you felt that our staff did not adequately respond to your needs. We strive to provide excellent customer service and hope we will be able to do that for you again.

Sindy
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Very good value across the street from the ocean. Hotel is older but has been well maIntained with new beds and furniture. Breakfast is included along with a hospitality hour. The staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed October 2012
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
It is always a pleasure to receive such a wonderful review from our guests. Thank you so much for noticing that we have been established for quite some years now, and that we keep improving, upgrading and adding to our services. The hospitality hour is our latest addition, just to let our guets know how much you are appreciated. Thank you for taking the time, we do hope to see you again soon. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We had a wonderful 1 night stay here. The location is worth a longer stay - easy access to a number of places on the PCH from here. The boardwalk into Monterey is a 'must do', just gorgeous scenery including seals in several places. We liked Monterey but liked our position in PG better. We were warmly welcomed by Sindy and got some great advice from Cathy later on, including a great tip to drive further round the point for the sunset - was so worth it ( just look for all the cars parked up waiting for it). We had a room on the third floor with a view of the ocean (note, there is a motel in front which partially impinges on the view but still a great view). The room was clean, small but with a couch and chairs to sit on. The main area looked recently decorated whereas the bathroom and basin at the back of the room are certainly older in style but that didn't bother us. Breakfast was a little disorganised - we got there just after 7.30 when breakfast starts to find all tables full and some items disappearing fast. We took our breakfast back to our room and ate while enjoying the view. Loved all the Halloween decorations out front and all lit up at night. Free coffee, tea and iced tea throughout the day are a nice touch too. If you like great service and a homely place to stay in a great location, I highly recommend you stay here.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate the time you took to write us such a wonderful review. I am so happy to hear that you were treated with a warm smile and great customer service. We do take pride in making each and every one of guests feel welcome! This is the reason Cathy, myself and the rest of my staff are in the Hospitality Industry. We try to make a home away from home for our guests, even the Halloween decorations are out, just as if you were at home. I do hope to see you again soon. Please give me call, I will make sure to take care of all your reservation needs. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to write us this review. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager.
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Booked a room and loved it. Perfect location beach is across the street. Hotel has Nice ocean views. Canary row is a 6.00 cab ride away. Bike and kayak rental near by. Hotel is old but you should enjoy your trip.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us and other travelers know about how much you enjoyed staying at our inn. I do hope that if you come back to visit Pacific Grove, you choose to stay with us again. Please give me call, I will personally take care of your reservation needs. Sindy Buentello LPI Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pacific Grove
Unscripted Monterey Bay
#38 of 54 in Monterey
3.5 of 5 stars 1,601 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Victorian Inn

Been to Lovers Point Inn? Share your experiences!