“Journey of food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Monterey, California
“Journey of food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Truly a gem. I ate dinner here last night and I'm still craving some of the flavor I had. There were dishes from different regions of the Mediterranean.
-The food has intense flavored and great stories behind the history of them.
-The wine was perfectly picked and reasonably priced
-best meal I've had in a long while.

• Visited February 2014

93% Recommend
Arlington, Virginia USA
“Delicious and inventive menu choices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

My wife and I, along with another couple (who live in Pacific Grove), ate here in early January and thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was excellent; the decor was attractive; our waiter and the maitre d' were courteous and efficient; and the wine list, while limited, included several reasonably-priced options that I would not expect to find in a small restaurant. It's centrally located in "downtown" PG and we found it to be an excellent addition to the local restaurant scene. We certainly plan to return on our next visit to the area.

• Visited January 2014
Monterey, California
“A Significant miss...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We had our high expectations going in and.... they were not met. My wife and I and another couple went together, looking forward to what had been a jinxed location. The jinx lived on. The noise level from the music made conversation almost impossible. The waiter was .... OK. Almost unintelligible. Even after a polite request the music stayed at an annoying level. I had a chicken wing appetizer (4) and my wife had fried chick peas. Two lamb burgers with eggplant fries. An unexceptional glass of red...an unexceptional chardonnay. ....$90.00....(I still tipped---it was just after Christmas...)... but the 4 of us have NO intention to go back. Max's Bistro is a few hundred feet away and dramatically better. As a value proposition this was a big disappointment....

“The New Kid in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

If you are looking for a very fun gastronomic experience, go to Jeninni Kitchen and Wine Bar. Thamin Saleh and his chef have created a fun place with exciting flavors that make your taste buds pop. Everything is reasonably priced. We filled our table with almost every small plate they had on the menu and even ordered seconds. The menu is ever changing so you can expect something new and fabulous every time you go.

• Visited December 2013
carmel valley
“wonderful new restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

delicious food in a casual atmosphere. Interesting flavor combinations and sauces- really delicious brussels sprouts, great frito misto of vegetables. Reasonably priced wine list.

• Visited December 2013