“Comfortable, peaceful place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Rosedale Inn Executive Suite
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   775 Asilomar Blvd, Pacific Grove, CA 93950   |
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Pacific Grove
Rocklin
“Comfortable, peaceful place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed here for two nights. I originally was only going to stay one then found we could stay the 2nd night When I called, we were going to have to change rooms for the second night which was fine. However when we got there, they were able to change things so we could remain in our room both nights. We appreciated the effort they went to to accommodate us.
Our room was comfortable. The bed was great. As others have said, there is no desk, but there really is no room for one. I didn't not mind having my IPad on my lap.
The walls are a little thin. I could hear voices of the people next door, but it wasn't disturbing. I could hear the TV if I went outside but I could not hear it through the walls.
The breakfast room had plenty of options for a quick breakfast. Even though there were only two tables there, it worked. I didn't mind taking some back to my room.
It is in a very peaceful setting. It is quiet at night and an easy walk to the beach through the Asilomar Conference Center grounds.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Rose3_12, General Manager at Rosedale Inn Executive Suite, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at our Inn and hope to see you again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We booked the suite - bedroom with living room & sofa bed. It was perfect - clean, very comfortable, great space and kitchen with basic utensils. The bed was soooo comfortable - I haven't had such a good night's sleep in ages. The location was peaceful and so close to the beach for a beautiful early morning stroll. The cost of the suite was very reasonable and for such high quality (including an a more than adequate breakfast) was excellent value. We were lucky that there was a street fair in Pacific Grove when we were there so enjoyed the vibrant small town atmosphere. Now I'm back at work in the UK, I look back on our brief stay at the Rosedale Inn and Pacific Grove with very happy memories.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Norfolk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I think that this accommodation is fairly typical of the area - nothing special. I was on the verge of leaving when we first arrived as I was shocked that the place didn't resemble the comments previously made on trip advisor (which is unusual). Positives: a nice bathroom, comfortable bed! negatives: limited wifi, drab, dark and dreary looking decor, a dodgy fire, fake flowers, strong air freshener smells in the room, poor location if you do not have a car. Whether it was the weather than made this seem worse that it is I don;t know - we left San Francisco is sunshine and heat, and arrived to a freezing cold and overcast Pacific Grove to a poorer standard hotel than we had been staying in and what seemed somewhat different to what we were led to believe from pictures and reviews. If you do venture to Pacific Grove, you must have drinks at The Inn at Spanish Bay - their hot whiskey drinks by the fire pits were great and Red House cafe has great food and service for lunch and dinner. This is also a relatively expensive property for what you get BUT this is the general price for the area! We left early so didn't stay for breakfast but from what I could see in the breakfast room this looked to be very basic.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
We are sorry your stay at our Inn wasn't what you had expected. All our rooms have been recently remodeled and the WIFI we use is Comcast cable internet service which is pretty fast. Do you remember the room number you stayed in? The only room we didn't upgrade is our ADA room due to ADA compliance and if you remember the room number, we'll be able to look into this further. Again, we apologize you didn't enjoy the area and the cooler weather of Pacific Grove. This area is usually foggy.
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

My husband and I returned to Rosedale Inn for his birthday, this time we had the premier king suite, which is basically a cottage, it was very roomy, beautifully decorated room. Like before the staff was excellent,friendly and seemed to remember us from a few months ago, the breakfast was good like before. We can't wait to go back again. As my husband said they have spoiled us for any other place in pacific grove or monterey, we have tried many places over the years. This place is the best

Room Tip: The premier suite is roomy enough for four people w plenty of privacy, two large screen tvs and fire...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Rose3_12, General Manager at Rosedale Inn Executive Suite, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Honestly I havent stayed yet due to a family emergency. However I called the night before our check in and the staff was very understanding and allowed my family to change our dates free of charge. I dont know if it was a one time thing but regardless, each and every person I contacted treated me with the utmost respect and were gmail helpful. Thank you Krishna and Asha!!!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband & I stayed here in March. We were able to get a great off season midweek rate, so it was an incredible value for us. The location is excellent, across the road from Asilomar with easy access to great bicycling. Our 1-br suite was clean and well-furnished, and the staff was friendly and helpful. We'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed here on a recent weekend trip to PG. The King suite was very clean, nice size and nicely updated. The gas fireplace didn't put off any heat, but made for a nice setting. The walk through Asilimar down to beach is quick and easy and leads to a very nice beach. I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Rosedale Inn Executive Suite? Share your experiences!