Our son and his family have stayed at the Pacific Gardens Inn many times because of the family-friendly suites with kitchenette. This trip we joined them in a single room with fireplace just below their suite. While there is much to be said for a locally-owned inn with its charm and the owner’s personal attention to your every need, be prepared for the downside of not having corporate financial support including:
1. Sliding windows whose channels haven’t been lubricated in years and tend to fall out if you force them open.
2. Shredded sheer curtains.
3. Gas log lighters that disperse flames from both the “business end” AND the connection end.
4. Single-handle tub faucets that cannot be operated by anyone with arthritis.
5. Waiting a full three minutes for hot water in the morning.
6. Shower heads that dispense water at fire hose velocity.
7. Compact fluorescent light bulbs that range in color from blue to orange.
8. Broken bedside table lamp harps.
9. Paper thin walls and ceiling (you can hear every flush and shower).
10. Oaxacan maids who yell at each other when you’re trying to rest in the afternoon.
However, the morning continental breakfast and afternoon wine and cheese are indeed very nice as is having an air-popped popcorn popper in the room.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Gardens Hotel Pacific Grove
- Pacific Gardens Hotel
- Pacific Gardens Grove
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Pacific Gardens Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.