“Hometown Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Borg's Ocean Front Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pacific Grove
Prices are for rooms, adults
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Pacific Grove
Jacksonville, Florida
“Hometown Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The Borgs hotel is a clean, no frills place to stay right on the lovely coast of the Pacific across from Lover's Point. The office staff is friendly and welcoming. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the AM. Beds are seem comfortable. You can hear the television through the walls but it is not something to keep one up at night. Televisions are antiquated but after a week with no TV at the Alsimore up the street it was perfect. Free wifi.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Trevose, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I've seen this motel for years, but this is the first time that I've stayed there. It's a small motel, it is kept up, but certainly not modern. They have the office with staff that are helpful, free coffee in the morning, and an ice machine...not much more. We had a room for 4 that was upstairs. The room was a good size for us, it was clean, with two comfortable queen beds, a table, no frig, no microwave, no pool, no fitness center, but best of all was the picture window. This is why you have to stay here...the view from the window was amazing!!! We were able to watch Otters an Seals play, and then several times we were able to see whales breach, and spotted quite a few spouts! I've never been able to sit in my room and watch such amazing creatures!!!

You can walk across the street to a pretty park and the ocean. You can walk to several restaurants. Pacific Grove is a beautiful town, and you are right around the corner from Monterey.

I would rather stay at Mom and Pop's motels, rather than the chains. They don't offer all of the amenities that the chains can, but what they do offer out weighs those things! Will I come back again??? Without a doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Nevada City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed at Borgs for 3 nights, it is right across the street from the beach! It was clean and simple. Grounds were kept nice, well worth saving the extra money for a fancy hotel and have more spending cash to do other fun stuff ;) Staff was friendly, no complaints, we'll be back!

Room Tip: I wish I would have made earlier reses to get a room with a view!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Roseville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Okay, so back in April of 2012 I paid for a room, Room 126, one of my favorites. I had to cancel my reservation many many times. Frank honored my payment and this coming weekend I will be using that reservation, I know many may think this is an old school place but who cares, the rooms are clean, the staff is wonderful and caring, plus you can not beat the location. Room 126 was not available, but room 128 was, I can't wait to have a cocktail while looking down into the ocean and enjoy my coffee in the morning. Pacific Grove .... here I come.

Room Tip: Upstairs facing the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Münster, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stayed at the Borg for a week for a conference, and was very pleased. The room was very clean, and the location was great. I took a nice walk up the coast each day to the conference at Asilomar. It was a long walk, but I enjoyed the peace and fresh air, and it's a gorgeous coastline there. A breakfast would have been nice, but it's a motel after all. It was also quite cheap for the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Location is everything and price is right. Ask for a room with a view and you'll be happy. It's not the Waldorf but it's a clean place to sleep and get around. The staff is friendly and always there to help.

Room Tip: Either ask for the "newer" building for a room with a view or just ask for an ocean front...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I loved the free coffee and just walking across the street to the incredible view and marine protected ocean park. Lots of locals come to this area to jog, etc...

I actually thought the place was kind of cool since it literally looks untouched since the 70s. Its like seeing a piece of Americana history that doesn't exist much anymore. The place is literally a 70s time capsule. They probably don't realize they could sell their light fixtures on EBAY to 70s collectors.

My only complaint was that the wall are the thinnest I have ever experienced. I could hear normal conversations in the rooms around me. I could also hear the guy snoring in the next room. Also, the bed isn't very comfortable - more on the soggy than firm side.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the ocean. Probably more exensive. We got something in the back, but I would h...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Borg's Ocean Front Motel? Share your experiences!