“Not Italian but very good” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Tel Aviv
“Not Italian but very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

To call the food there Italian is really far fetched. Real Italian food taste quite differently...But having said that- fish was very nice, polenta was tasty and full of flavor atmosphere friendly and cosy. All and all a good experience.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bristol
“Best restraunt I've been to in Monterey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

First of all I'd like to say that if there was a 6 or 7 star rating it would definetley be scoring 6/7 stars. Secondly i would like to say it was a stunning and very enjoyable experience. As we walked in I could tell I was going to like it by the polite welcoming staff and the Italian atmosphere.As this restraunt was just off cannery row it was not filled with lots of tourists,but with friendly locals who all knew each other. As we went on a Monday they had a special menu where you order 3 things off a menu and you graze on them and eat them when you come ($15 per person) and I ordered broccoli with parmasean cheese which was delightful,rigatoni with Ragu which was fantastic, and meatballs in tomato sauce which were exuberant!! I was so pleased with this meal that I had pudding as well and it was brilliant! The polite were the loveliest and the service was spectacular, I would happily go there every day if I could!

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Amazing dinner experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

What can i say? Possibly the best place i have ever eaten! The monday special offer was perfect. You get to choose three courses of their most popular food but in smaller portions. Great idea and great food and staff to match that. If your looking for a quality place to eat, go there!

Visited August 2014
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Another great Trip Advisor Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

We were spending the night in Pacific Grove to start off our Highway 1 road trip. What to eat for dinner? My son suggests Italian. Trip Advisor to the rescue! Other posts suggest il Vecchio and we were so glad they did! Wow! We were greeted by the owner while we waited for a table. Once sat, fresh bread was brought to our table served with a dipping oil. Yum! Authentic Italian, the food was so flavorful my son said it was the best spaghetti he's ever had. Spaghetti happens to be one of his favorite foods and he's had plenty of it so is a pretty good judge. My husband had the Chicken Marsala, which was more flavorful than any we've ever had. I ordered and enjoyed every bite of the Canneloni ( I believe that's the spelling but not sure) it was so rich and creamy and each of the distinct flavors joined to create tasty bliss. Service was superb. If we ever find ourselves in the area again, we will certainly return!

Visited August 2014
Monterey, California
“Best of the Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Il Vecchio is one of my most favorite restaurants in the Monterey Bay area. I frequent this restaurant and it never disappoints. When dining here please keep in mind it has the traditional Italian atmosphere; eat slowly, enjoy the food and wine! The mussels are my favorite dish!

• Visited August 2014