“Great Place” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Szechuan
Monterey, California
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I wondered into this restaurant by chance one night and I am very glad I did. This place is very well decorated and feels very new. There's lots of smaller booths along the walls and large tables for medium sized groups and large groups, each with a huge lazy suzann in the middle. The food always comes in large portions on nice decorative dishes and is always tasty. I asked a server once on her opinion between two dishes, two which she gave me two full descriptions of the flavors and her personal opinion of the dishes. I've had some not-so-good experiences at Chinese restaurants in Monterey, but not here. Dynasty has become my "go to" place.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

monterey
“pass...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

This restaurant offers dim sum on the weekends during lunch hour. When we walked in the host was on his cellphone. After being seated we noticed a descent decor and ordered some tea. They asked if we wanted the "free" tea but we order some oolong which was good. The waiter brought a cart of different selections. We picked the pork buns, some shu mai and somthing else. The pork buns were good but the other two selections were chewy pork somethings. Since we were less than impressed we passed on ordering more.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Really, really good neighborhood Chinese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

Ming Palace replaced the mediocre chinese restaurant that was previously at the same location. It is a neighborhood place, with quite interesting dining decor. I haven't had a bad dish here, food is fresh, fast, and traditional.

• 5 of 5 stars Food