“Funky memorabilia & great ice cream” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 73 restaurants in Pacific Grove
Cuisines: Dessert
Connecticut
“Funky memorabilia & great ice cream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

A step back to the past...fun to look at and has very good ice cream & lots of flavors. Also has espresso, but we did not try it.

Visited September 2012

68% Recommend
Monterey, California
“Awesome!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I come here at least once a week for the ice cream! The best ice cream I've ever had. My favorite is the Kona Coffee one (it has a little red ribbon next to the name). I was surprised by a delicious pint of it on my birthday!! Will continue to come here often. Atmosphere is pretty cool, lots of stuff to look at. Nice staff and helpful. Open til 10pm!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SF Bay Area East Bay
“Delicious Ice Cream and a Time Throwback to boot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We went here our last night in town. Once you walk in the door, the Beatles music is blasting and the place is chock full of Beatles memorabilia. There is some Jimi Hendrix stuff there as well. It was a real trip for us to see all this. The sign out front says it features Lapperts ice cream, but most of what I saw was home made. For each of my kids's order, their waffle cone was made fresh. The coffee chocolate ice cream I had, was the best ice cream I've hard in a long time. This is a real Pacific Grove treasure. Come for the trip down memory lane, but stay for the ice cream!

Visited August 2012
Clovis, CA
“Weird experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

It was our first time into this ice cream shop...actually had never noticed it before and we visit Pacific Grove often. My daughter wanted a scoop of ice cream so we decided to stop in.

The guy at the counter looked totally out of place. Can't really put my finger on it but he didn't greet us nor did he even attempt to be friendly. Most of the merchants in Pacific Grove are very friendly and welcoming so this just felt totally out of character. The ice cream display case was also a bit off-putting. The shop specializes in selling a brand of ice cream I had never heard of but it seems to come in a plethora of flavors. The display case was crowded with ice cream containers and parts of containers. The ice cream actually looked like it had been there for years...some of them had that shiny film over the surface that made them look yukky! My daughter asked to try one of the flavors but the guy abruptly told her he didn't give out samples. I was just about to tell her we were leaving when she decided she was going to try to the Carmel Coffee ice cream anyway. The guy gave her a choice of several different cup sizes and some waffle cones (at extra charge, of course) that looked like they had been there for years too. She chose a small cup--one little scoop--for $3.50. Needless to say, we won't be going back there again.

Visited August 2012
all over
“A Step into the 60's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

The owner is great! He makes spumoni and it has won, each year, the contest in Italy..........yes, no bs, it is fabulous!!

Visited June 2012