“Tasty Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
San Francisco, California
“Tasty Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The food here is very tasty and the portions are generous. We are in Pacfic Grove several times a year, and we often eat here.

Visited May 2013

Arizona
“Delicious & Great Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Delicious food, great vegetarian options, wonderful people and service. The yellow curry is delicious and my husband loved the beef dish he ordered. The spring rolls were also delicious, both sauces were excellent. We'll be back!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Our Favorite Thai Restaurant on the Monterey Peninsula”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This quaint small restaurant on the main drag (Lighthouse Avenue) is across the street from the Post Office. They have great food and service. So far, my wife and I have eaten there at least thirty times and never had anything but an excellent meal with friendly personal service.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Thai Restaurant in Pacific Grove”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We ended up at Pacific Thai on Easter, when the restaurant across the street was closed for dinner. We enjoy Thai food, so walked across to this restaurant. We were so happy that we did! The food was wonderful. I had the Pad See Ew, which was delicious. My husband had the Tom Kai Gow, and it was really good. The service is fast and friendly. I would definitely return to this cosy spot.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ashburn, Virginia
“Great value for the money, nice, friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

On our extended tour of trying out every Thai restaurant in the country, we were disappointed to find out that the Thai restaurant in Carmel had closed ( its been about 10 years since we were last there ) so we googled restaurants in Monterey and Pacific Grove and settled on Pacific Thai Cuisine. We stopped by at about 6 PM on a Wednesday night and were surprised to find it packed. It's a small, cozy place -- I wouldn't recommend parties greater than 8 going there -- and were told politely that there would be a 15 - 20 minute wait for the three of us. The wife had already given in to me the last two nights for Italian and seafood in Carmel, so it was my turn to honor our agreement, so wait we did. We looked over the menu --- which was extensive, the plus was that it had photos of all the dishes. When we were finally settled down -- around 15 minutes promptly-- we knew what we wanted. As a rule, whenever we try new Thai restaurants we go for the standard "Tong Yum Goong" and "Pad Thai" -- if a Thai restaurant can't do justice to these two old standbys, then it can't really be Thai, can it? The wife acquiesced to the soup, but wanted Pad-See Ew for the kid, and had a strange hankering for the Teriyaki Tofu ( her great weakness is Teriyaki anything -- except pork ), we also settled for a plate of their calamari appetizer and Spicy Thai Seafood.
My first mistake was to order the "large Tom Yum Goong" soup. In Virginia -- this means it can feed two ( I thought the wife and I could share ), over here it means feed four to six! As we were wondering how we could possibly finish this, and remarking to each other how refreshingly "home cooked" it tasted ( less lemon-grassy and sweet, more of a mellow spiciness ) , she noticed that it was chicken instead of shrimp. But since we agreed that it was quite good, we were not going to complain. No sooner had we decided this, when suddenly the waitress appeared with another huge bowl and apologized profusely to us for the mistake. We told her that it was fine, we would stick with the chicken version. Next came the calamari "fries". Thick cut and perfectly breaded and toasted. What a marvel! A crispy ( but not oily ) outside shell and tender just-done, chewiness on the inside -- I don't know how they do it ( the old Carmel Thai restaurant had something similar ), but it was glorious ( maybe the dipping sauce could be a tad spicier and more lemony -- but I'm quibbling) . The main dishes arrived, and I would have to say that the Teriyaki Tofu was a pleasant surprise ( but only if you like roasted tofu and teriyaki sauce ) -- it had a nice roasted flavor and the tofu was fresh -- there was enough to feed a party of six. The seafood dish was pretty standard, but they overloaded it with mussels -- which is OK is you like mussels like I do. The sauce was quite good, a nice, rich take on the standard garlic-basil-chili-soy. The Pad See Ew though was a bit of a disappointment. The portion size was huge, but the noodles were limp and lifeless ( not enough high heat, and too long on the wok ). It was pretty tasty ( the boy certainly enjoyed it ) but the lack of technique was noticeable in this otherwise surprisingly good outing. The owner ( I think ) stopped by to ask us how things were and we complimented him on his service and food.
Overall this is a very good place. It isn't the best Thai restaurant we've ever tried, here in the U.S. but the service is great -- the wait staff is friendly, and efficient -- and their portion sizes would satisfy all but the hungriest whaler. Parking on Lighthouse Ave is also quite easy. For value, Pacific Thai Cuisine would be hard to beat anywhere.

• Visited March 2013