We rented the "Sea View Cottage" room which is a 2 bedroom suite with reduced rate if you only use one of the bedrooms. The room was large and had 2 fireplaces that kept it romantic and warm on chilly seaside nights. The bed was large and comfortable and the bathroom was cavernous. An added bonus for this room is a private courtyard off the main bedroom complete with a fountain and a pretty flower garden. The service at the hotel was friendly and relaxed. We particularly enjoyed the afternoon wine and cheese service hosted by Rosita.
The are two reasons why I wouldn't rate our experience truly 5 stars. Firstly the room is spectacular but the sea view is obstructed by another building on the property. This blocks a true view of the sea from anywhere in the cottage except for the front entrance. Other rooms in the inn have perfect unobstructed views of the coast as the inn is right on the water. So if a sea view from your sitting room is high on your priority list I wouldn't pay extra for the sea (obstructed) view cottage. The second reason why we rated it 4 not 5 stars is because of the breakfast. The selection was limited and it felt like it was an "institutional" preparation that didn't fit with the small, intimate B&B feeling of the hotel. A little more gourmet attention to detail and personal choices would have made breakfast more of a highlight for us.
The location of the hotel is perfect and I think it is better situated to walk to some of the good restaurants in downtown Pacific Grove than other inns.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Circa 1886. Imagine the picturesque and romantic setting of Seven Gables Inn in Pacific Grove, California with waves crashing along the rocky shoreline of the Pacific Ocean. Sea otters and whales are viewed regularly from this elegant inn. Sunsets accent the surrounding mountains. The natural beauty is complemented by a selection of comfortable rooms, all with ocean views, in a cluster of seven historic buildings. Stay in the three-story 1886 Main House, Beach House, Guest House, one of the garden cottages or the private and spacious Jewell Cottage or Sea View Cottage suites. Savor a bountiful breakfast in the oceanfront dining room and gather for afternoon wine and cheese featuring Monterey County wineries. Munch on homemade cookies served with milk in the evening. Outstanding service and hospitality make Seven Gables Inn an especially delightful retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Seven Gables Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seven Gables Hotel Pacific Grove
- 7 Gables Inn
- Seven Gables Inn Grand View Inn
- Seven Gables Inn Monterey