If you need a TV while vacationing, why leave home? There is free WiFi.
We stayed in the "Suite" and had a bathroom that was as large as some small hotel rooms. A claw foot tub, antique spa shower unit (watch out for that pipe pointed upward from down below), and a large 2-sink counter were certainly much more than one would expect from most B&B's.
The view from our antique chairs was perfect as we had a full ocean view with no craning of the neck or body contortions necessary. We also had a wood burning fireplace that was rather well stocked with wood each day and was easy to light. It would have been great to have had enough wood for the morning, but when it drops below 60, we Hawaiians start to get worried (unless you grew up on Kauai).
The afternoon pupus and wine from 5:30-7 were a very nice touch. On one night they had pear Gorgonzola cheese pizza. Very yummy. There were several other items also available and we found all of them to be of excellent quality, especially considering they were complimentary. A roaring fireplace at night and a beautiful view of the ocean make this an excellent area.
The breakfast was good, but somewhat overshadowed by the excellent pupus in the afternoon. The basic offering is egg with toast or bagel or oatmeal or .... I get the feeling you could ask for something special and if it was available, it would be prepared for you. Everything seems to made fresh.
I can see how some people might be disappointed with a particular room, so I would highly suggest this specific room. The rooms do seem to be pointed in different directions, so it would be good to have a "proper facing" room on the second floor. But, when we stay there in the future, we will certainly try to get this room.
And finally, if you enjoy MG's then some of the cars will give you "chicken skin" (goose bumps). I have never seen some of these cars in person and was absolutely impressed. Don will readily talk cars with you if you have questions about any of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine walking out the front door of your beautifully appointed room and gazing at a beachfront paradise. Take a few steps and smell the ocean and hear the baby seals as they sun themselves. The Martine Inn, a Pacific Grove hotel, provides the perfect romantic getaway for people who love nature and beachfront activities. The Martine Inn overlooks Monterey Bay and provides pristine views of the coastline. The hotel features amenities including:- Romantic Ideal Location- Stroll to Monterey Bay Aquarium and Cannery Row- Complimentary Gourmet Breakfast- Complimentary Evening Wine & Hors d’oeuvres. Escape to the Martine Inn for an unparalleled experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Venere and Otel so you can book your Martine Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martine Hotel Pacific Grove
- Martine Inn Pacific Grove