This was my first stay at a bed and breakfast, so please take my rating with a grain of salt.
I'll start with the positive aspects. The staff, Kody in particular, was incredibly welcoming and helpful. The complementary wine and h'orderves were a great bonus and breakfast was extremely good, definitely better in quality than we expected. Also, having private bathrooms for each bedroom/suite is a very positive attribute in my opinion.
The decor was sort of a neutral point for us. If you like Victorian-style interiors then this is your place. It reminded me very much of my grandmother's house, which isn't really a negative thing, but that's what I immediately thought when we arrived.
As far as the downsides go, the comfort level was a bit lacking. By this I mean the mattress, pillows and bedding, which were a good deal less than soft. Also, the heat wasn't working in our room. Granted, Kody did promptly provide us with a space heater when it was brought to his attention, but I don't think I should have had to pay full price for a room that never got above 60 degrees. The last negative characteristic, and this is one of my pet peeves, is how thin the walls are. Trying to fall asleep is pretty difficult when you can hear every footstep on the stairs and every conversation carried on in the nearby common areas.
Overall this was an average experience for us. The good probably outweighed the bad and the things that I considered "negatives" are subjective. Like I said, this was our first stay in a bed-and-breakfast so maybe that had something to do with it. Again, the staff and food were great and I'd probably go so far as to say even better than I've seen at some high-end hotels.
- Also Known As:
- Martine Hotel
- Martine Hotel Pacific Grove
- Martine Inn Pacific Grove
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine walking out the front door of your beautifully appointed room and gazing at a beachfront paradise. Take a few steps and smell the ocean and hear the baby seals as they sun themselves. The Martine Inn, a Pacific Grove hotel, provides the perfect romantic getaway for people who love nature and beachfront activities. The Martine Inn overlooks Monterey Bay and provides pristine views of the coastline. The hotel features amenities including:- Romantic Ideal Location- Stroll to Monterey Bay Aquarium and Cannery Row- Complimentary Gourmet Breakfast- Complimentary Evening Wine & Hors d’oeuvres. Escape to the Martine Inn for an unparalleled experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Martine Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.