Hook, Line & Sinker Seafood Restaurant & Fish Market
Cuisines: Seafood
Los Angeles
“Hooked!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I went here a few years ago and wasn't impressed much. Prices then seemed high and what I had didn't impress. Fast forward to now and I have changed my opinion...big time. Now I can say "Great fish and chips at reasonable prices! Crispy perfect." Counter service only. Big menu. Close to 101 fwy. If you're driving by on the 101 don't be afraid to stop. I'll be back soon.

Visited August 2013

Phoenix
“One of those places you don't want to miss”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is a really good place to eat fried and grill seafood. I had the fish, scallop and shrimp dinner. Yes, it was deep fried...but to perfection. They're tartar sauce tastes homemade. Casual place. Would be a good place to go after a day at the beach.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Good Food, Generous Portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We went to HLS on Trip Advisor recommendation and truly enjoyed our meal. The menu is extensive, so we need to try other things before passing final judgement. We both had fish and chips, the original style. I am used to smaller pieces of fish. These pieces are about 10" long! I forced down two pieces, but a third was out of the question. Next time I get the fish and chips, probably one piece plus the chips. The fish was fresh, served hot with crunchy batter. The place was very crowded, but be patient, tables did open up. Our GPS did not take us directly to restaurant, it is in the Smart & Final parking lot.

Oxnard California
“Great Fish and Shrimp.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

My wife and I have added fresh catch to the rotation of restaurants in Oxnard that we like to eat lunch or dinner. For me, I like the shrimp and chips basket. The shrimp taste fresh and not overly battered or cooked. Just right. My wife loves the fish and will get whatever they may have on the catch of the day menu. This place is always crowded but it seems we always find a table. There is also some seats outside. Some of the restaurants in this fairly new strip mall have already gone under, but there is no doubt that this one will be around for a long time. Give it a try.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
California
“Fresh fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

It's a great little find. Hole in the wall. Menu is huge, prices are reasonable, staff is really friendly. I had fish and chips, though the portions were big and the fish was fresh, it was a little bland on flavor. The clam chowder is homemade, it's ok. The Tartar sauce was great. Will be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere