“nice hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 15 hotels in Oxnard
netherlands
“nice hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

we stayed here for one night while passing through Oxnard. Hotel staff was very friendly and talkative. Room was nice and clean and quiet (never heard our neighbors). All in all a good hotel to stay at.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

159 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I enjoyed our stay at the "Best Western" in Oxnard, Ca. As a child I lived in Oxnard for acouple of years when my Dad was station there in Port Huemenue. The lady at the reception desk was so knowledgeable about Oxnard, that I really did enjoy talking to her.
I believe her name was Pamela. She steered me in the right directions to locate sites that I wanted to revisit. Our stay was very nice. The room price was very resonable and they also include a breakfast with, sausage and eggs, that was a surprise.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Shirley, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Very friendly and helpful staff . Very comfortable room. Good value for the price. Nice breakfast that was included. I would stay here again if we ever happen to be in the area.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be of the same quality
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
San Dieog
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

The hotel itself was in good condition, the room was OK, carpets could have been cleaner but over all the room was fairly up to date and clean. About what one would expect for the price. The PROBLEM is it's in a rather terrible area. My husband and I were actually concerned for our well being and wondered if we would still have a vehicle to drive when we woke up in the morning or if it might get stolen in the middle of the night. We booked through "name your own price" Priceline, We've never had an issue with the Hotels they use when we've bid on rooms in the past so we were very suprised this one made there list of 2 1/2 star hotels, just the area makes it a 1 star. We were so concerned about staying in the area that we checked out after 1 night even though we had prepaid for 4 and moved to another hotel (Marriott Residence Inn Oxnard,GREAT place by the way, wish I had booked them originally). To top off paying a 4 night price for 1 night ($326.08) I discovered a couple weeks after my stay that the hotel had charged me a second time for the 4 nights (I have gotten that credited back) and as I did not realize this amount had been taken out of my checking account it caused 7 overdraft fees from my bank totaling $215.00. I'm still waiting to see if they are going to refund me those overdraft fees. So for a 1 night stay it has cost me almost $550.00. :(

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
BWOxnardInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Oxnard Inn, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
I apologize for any inconvenience you experience booking through priceline and concerning the area. Oxnard is planning many projects concerning the downtown area. There is a new CVS and shopping center accross the sreet from the hotel and the AM/PM was renovated within the past 18 months. We are centrally located next to Downtown Oxnard, 3 Miles from the beaches, 3 miles from the California Welcome Center, 15 minutes from Malibu, CA. We strive to provide every guest with a memorable stay, and have recently upgraded/renovated the property within the last 12 months becoming a BEST WESTERN PLUS Property.

Joseph Cabral
Property Supervisor
Monterey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

My friends and I chose to stay at BW Oxnard Inn because of its convenient location. It was just a few minutes drive to the Channel Island Harbor (where we wanted to go to watch fireworks), close to a breakfast restaurant, and also close to the freeway.

The hotel provided the exact requests I had - to be placed at the top floor. The gentleman at the check-in was very friendly and helpful. He answered all questions promptly.

The spacious room had a king bed and a sleeper sofa (had 3 guests). Internet access was fast. Also, the room was quiet - providing an 8 hour sleep for the all of us.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

My story is identical to the one mentioned above. Neither me nor my girlfriend smoke AT ALL and 3.5 hours after we checked out, we get a call letting us know that they will be charging us an additional $250.

After raising hell, I then find out that they had ALREADY charged the card for the room PLUS the $250... I will be perusing this at Ventura county courthouse.

BEWARE AND DO NOT STAY HERE!!! I will be volunteering my day next time I am in the area to way a large sign in front of their check in area waring other travelers of their sceme.

I really feel like they thought they could get away with this because we were 400 miles away from home and checked out at 6am... letting them know that by the time they called, we would be a LONG ways away.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
BWOxnardInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Oxnard Inn, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have been caused by our smoking policies and procedures. The Oxnard Police Department was able to verify that the room had been smoked in and that is why we charged the smoking fee which is used to restore the room to a non-smoking room. This allows us to provide a smoke free experience to any guest that requests a non-smoking room. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please email us or call us using the information provided email sent to you on 5/9/2011 at 1:27PM.

Best Western Plus Oxnard Inn Management
Santee, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

Where do I begin? I have been staying here with absolutely no problem for months, maybe a year now. On my last visit, they accused me of smoking in the room and charged me $250 on a credit card I gave them 6 months ago.

I do not smoke, and I said let's go in the room and smell it together. They agreed, but when we got there then there was no smell. The they try to say "well it aired out by now". Really? Cigarette smell there then gone in a couple hours?! Ok then what's all this talk about how you can't rent the room for 3 days?

They offered a partial refund of $100. Why would I do this? I would inherently be confessing to something I didn't do. I've been stranded here (they ran my card over and I'm out of gas) stressed beyond belief right now, and what am I not doing? Smoking! If I smoke, wouldn't I be doing it now?

I will NEVER stay at a best western anywhere ever again. When I called corporate they said they are all individually owned. Thanks best western for turning my vacation into a hellish nightmare of false accusation.

Read the rest of the reviews here. The rooms STINK and you WILL be charged for it. I even had a police officer show up - smell the room, my close, and my car - and he couldn't smell anything. Yet, they wouldn't budge on giving me my money back!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
BWOxnardInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Oxnard Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Best Western Plus Oxnard Inn. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have been caused due to our policies and procedures. We use all feedback to help improve on every guests' experience at the hotel. If you have any further questions or comments regarding your stay, you may contact us directly at 805-483-9581. We look forward to hearing from you.

Been to BEST WESTERN Oxnard Inn? Share your experiences!