You added Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach - Hotel & Resort to your Saves list
Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach - Hotel & Resort
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Oxnard
Ridgecrest, California
“Close to the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel has a lot going for it and can be a good deal if you get a decent room rate. It is right on the beach, next to a large park with a playground, and breakfast is served every morning so if you have small children with you, it is pretty convenient to keep them entertained and maintained. We stayed at this hotel after going whale watching on a boat that left from the Channel Islands Marina, which is less than a 5 min drive to the hotel. The newly renovated rooms are nicely appointed and thoughtfully laid out to support beach activities with a tile entry and extra shower in the front of the room. The pool is fairly large and there are two, good sized hot tubs nearby. The standard Embassy Suites manager reception is well staffed by some hard working bartenders who keep the drinks moving. Same goes for breakfast where the chef does a great job pumping out omelets like an egg ninja. If you are in Oxnard and can get a good rate, this hotel is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Some rooms have beautiful views and nice breezes, but you will pay more for them. If you go cheap, i...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
lasdikian, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach - Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments and I am so glad you enjoy our renovated suites and the guest amenities we offer. Please do visit us again!

Best Regards, Lisa Asdikian, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Santa Rosa, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

First of all this was perhaps the sixth or seventh stay at this hotel and we have always come away happy. The location, beach front is excellent and the self parking garage is situated below the hotel in such a way that a short elevator trip will put you close to any room in the hotel. The service is always friendly and helpful. On this trip, Mathew a front desk manager was particularly accomodating in getting us an excellent room. The only downside was that the hotel restaurant and lounge are being remodeled but that should be complete by April 1st. Overall it is a great stay for a beach get away.

Room Tip: Any room in building 3 or second story buliding 7 rooms offer a spectacular view of beach and the ch...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
We are so happy that you enjoy our property and have returned many times! We are proud of our wonderful staff and I am happy to hear that they were so accommodating to you. We are in the final stages of our renovation at this time, but we are looking forward to the positive changes coming soon that will enhance our guest stays. We look forward to your return!

Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very poor service, mediocre property, feels very dated. Not many food options on the grounds. Careful, oceanfront view rooms after just have a view of a sand dune. Self parking is 15/night, which is ridiculous. Won't stay again.

Room Tip: Choose upstairs with view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
lasdikian, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach - Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We take your comments very seriously as we want each guest to have a positive experience. We are in the midst of making many renovations to the resort and we will be opening up a new restaurant in the spring. We do charge a standard parking fee, but we also provide many free amenities including the full cooked-to-order breakfast and evening Manager’s Reception. I hope you will reconsider visiting us again in the future and experience the many positive changes coming our way.

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Wonderful views from ocean rooms, lovely beach for a walk, great complimentary beverage reception. Could improve upon valet services quality of TVs in the rooms. Free wi-fi in rooms would be nice, too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your ocean front suite and the amenities we offer to our guests. Thank you for your feedback. We will be revamping our Internet service and I will also share your comments with our management team. We would welcome having you visit us again in the future!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I tried to send the Hotel a message, but couldn't find a way to do it, so here goes: Our room was great, even reception great, breakfast both days was the most disorganized buffet, etc., that I've EVER seen! We've stayed at approx. 8 different Embassy Suites in CA and have NEVER seen such a fiasco. I ate my oatmeal with a fork--until someone found tiny plastic spoons. Ran out of bowls next to the cereals, people were looking thru the cupboards. Made to order, well, only want to do this if you don't mind standing in a very long line, which we didn't. Ran out of plates, out came paper plates, kept running out of silverware, creamer....on and on. My suggestion would be to have at least 1 person watch the various areas to make sure that utensils, etc., are not totally out. Re made to order: maybe another cook? 2nd day was just as bad, or worse than the 1st. Need to make some changes here!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
lasdikian, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach - Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your guest suite and evening reception but I am so sorry you did not have a good experience with our complimentary breakfast. This is unacceptable and I am sharing your comments with our management team. We are planning a number of improvements in guest services this year and we take your comments very seriously. Thank you for providing this information to us, and I hope you will consider visiting us again in the future.

Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I enjoyed my stay, the food, the staff, the jacuzzi, the ocean and pool views, and almost everything else. They need to fix their ant issues, but that's easily solvable.

Great spot to relax and barely a few miles off the 101, I never knew this place existed. Can see 3 of the channel islands from here!

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms also tend to have an ocean view, in the 400 building on the 2nd or 3rd floor has b...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
lasdikian, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach - Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I am so glad you discovered us and that you enjoyed your stay! I will alert our management team to the ant issue so we can quickly resolve it. We hope you will visit us again!

Austin, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was there two nights, but checked in really early, so was there practically three days. The clerk went out of her way to find me the kind of room I requested for an early checkin. I was in a room that was considered "beach facing," which meant that I could see the sand dunes, but not the water. I think there are other rooms that actually look out at the water, but I was happy, because I could run on the beach every day. My room had four sinks altogether. The living room area was bigger than most Embassy Suites and very modern. I had a little patio, so could stand outside (unlike the old Embassy Suites that only look into the middle of the hotel). I went to the breakfast both days and ordered an egg white omelet and fresh fruit. The omelet guy was very friendly and helpful. I never attended the evening happy hour, didn't use the pool, and didn't use the fitness center. When I requested a late checkout (normal is 11 a.m., which is pretty early), the clerk kindly allowed me two extra hours. I think a car is necessary; I can't think of anything close enough for walking (other than the beach, which was lovely, of course). Parking was underground and although the property is very spread out, so is the parking, so you can park close to the elevator/stairs nearest your room.

Room Tip: Choose the upgrade-for-$5 option. This gave me a beach-facing room with patio.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites, amenities and location. And, I am so pleased to hear that you experienced excellent service. We are quite proud of our team here. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Best Regards, Lisa Asdikian, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxnard
Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach
#3 of 21 in Ventura
4.0 of 5 stars 482 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Oxnard/Camarillo
Residence Inn Oxnard River Ridge

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach - Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!