“Better than it first appears and good value.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Oxnard
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
“Better than it first appears and good value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

More of a 'campus' of blocks of four apartment suites than an actual Hotel but it works surprisingly well. Accomodation is relatively spacious, good sized bed, lounge facility with a decent T.V, well equipped open plan kitchen and a bathroom with separate W.C. providing all that is required. Our only problem was with the noisy fridge, which we had to unplug overnight, as it was situated only twelve or so feet from the bed. The place was extremely busy when we stayed and we didn't hold out much hope for breakfast but couldn't have been more wrong. The breakfast facility is both pleasant and spacious and the choice - which always seems to provoke the 'hunter-gatherer' instinct amongst American males - outstanding, although I don't think I have ever before witnessed burgers, fried potatoes and fruit salad regularly occupying the same plate!

Room Tip: All the rooms appear to be in blocks of four, two upstairs and two down. Our only noise problem came...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

First off let me say this place is gorgeous. The grounds are absolutely amazing and clean. Unfortunately we had a horrible flood in our home and had to be moved to a hotel. This one was available and accommodated us all. Upon our arrival we were greeted with friendliness and had a speedy check in. Wow the room was amazing, was told it was one of a kind with a king bed a separate living room, dinning room, kitchen master bath a 2nd bathroom and a separate sitting area off the bedroom. So basically it had 1 king bed and 2 pull out couches which worked perfectly fine after all. The place was spotless. The staff was amazing and the free continental buffet was perfect. We were right in front of the pool, gazebo and views to the golf course. After such a horrible experience at home, this hotel felt like we were absolutely home. Thank you for making us feel welcomed.

Stayed May 2014
Santa Clara, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Have stayed at this property a couple of times now, and I don't understand the complaints about this property. The site and rooms are clean, well-maintained and quiet. The location (right off a golf course and in a quiet residential neighborhood) makes this a great place to relax, walk, ride a bike or just hang out. The staff were great, the breakfast offerings the usual good Residence Inn quality food, and even the workout room is decent.

It isn't new - that's for sure. It isn't dirty - not at all. Parking is a little bit of a hassle - but that's the most I can say that's an issue with this property (and Residence Inns that are built on this plan - i.e., the units grouped into buildings - all have parking that fills quickly and can leave guests having to walk a little ways. That's an issue for almost every hotel I stay at!)

And one of the great features of this Residence Inn is that it keeps its prices reasonable - not always the case with these properties. I travel a great deal for work and Residence Inn is one of my very few preferred places to stay - including this one.

Room Tip: Really isn't a bad room in the whole place - all of them are quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I agree with other reviewers the hotel is older. We had a loft room and there was a reasonable amout of space however the loft and the seperate bedroom were awkward as there was little space for suitcases.

The parking was a serious issue. There was never any parking even remotely close to our unit.

The breakfast was good and the overall service was good.

Overall I consider it good for the price and great if you need space for 2 couples or a couple with 2 kids.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
consum1
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I recently stayed at this location for business. Not only is it old, but it is not clean which other recent reviews, have stated. There was hair in my bed when I turned it down to enter it. There were spiders in my bed and it is just old, old furniture, dirty walls...dark. All the 2nd floor rooms are Chalet type rooms. They are dark. If you open curtains you are most likely looking directly into another room. Not my cup tea. I should have stayed at the Courtyard. I normally don't stay at these older Residence Inn's, but in all fairness I stayed in this style of a Residence Inn in Tewksbury MA and it was very nice and clean. So just because it is old does not mean it cannot be clean. This hotel just was not maintained over time and now it is just not up to par. I am not use to seeing dirty walls in Marriott properties. It is currently under renovations but renovations will not help if they don't get a better cleaning staff. Location is great, close to fwy and shopping.

Room Tip: I don't suggest this Hotel.
Green Features: As most Marriott properties they advertise ECO. Which is basically using your towel more than once. I did not notice anything else, but I was not really paying attention to that.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
RInn_River_Ridge, General Manager at Residence Inn Oxnard River Ridge, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thanks for your feedback. Yes our hotel continues to improve/renovate each passing day. Now 90% of our furniture is new in the last 4 years. In the next month our public restrooms, lobby ceiling tiles, fitness suite and our laundry rooms will be completely renovated. All our suites are now getting new carpet and beautiful new sofa sleepers. As far as cleanliness-- our last 4 reviews on this site-- two of them mentioned how clean our hotel was during their stay. I do wish you had brought these concerns to my attention while here, but do sincerely hope that you will consider us on your next trip to Ventura County.
Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband, baby, parents and I stayed in one of the biggest rooms (1 bedroom with loft - sleeps 6). There was a living area and full kitchen which was great for all of us to spend time together. We saved money too since we could make our own food. I gave it an average rating because there were a couple things I didn't like: slightly clogged bath tub, not enough grills available (multiple families were huddled around one shared grill - by the pool - cooking food over the only burner on it that worked), and the breakfast was just okay. They have a lot of pack-n-plays available, which was a nice convenience for us, but they didn't provide a sheet that fit the mattress.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We were given a room on an upper level in the middle of the complex. There was a huge convention going on but other than at breakfast there was no other noise I could complain about. We were above the laundry room which was very convenient for us and it proved the room was sound-proofed so well that we didn't hear any machine noise. The King Studio was clean and large. Nothing was old or run-down at all. The pool was fun and the spa was relaxing. Breakfast was hectic but the options were good. Staff service when checking in and out was excellent.

• Stayed May 2014

Been to Residence Inn Oxnard River Ridge? Share your experiences!