“A Pet-friendly gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 15 hotels in Oxnard
Long Beach, California
“A Pet-friendly gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We took our new LBD (little black dog) to this awesome Inn. This place boasts a full breakfast, golf course views and is pet-friendly! Parking was close to our room, and breakfast was amazing. We sat out on the patio with our LBD and enjoyed a hot breakfast and coffee along with the gorgeous view. The town and beach are close enough for a nice walk.

The room was clean, and the bed was comfy. We had a fireplace (not used) and a full mini-kitchen. The price was very reasonable with our AAA discount. This was truly a hidden gem!

Room Tip: Use the AAA discount if you have it--less than $100 per night!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is a favorite location on mine. The rooms are extremely clean and my room this time had a wonderful fireplace. The breakfast which has lots of fresh fruit and hot item including a waffle maker and "dinner" (which changes daily) is really good. Also, I had no problems with the free internet service!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, CA, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The room was spacious and quiet, with a very comfortable bed and even a comfortable sofa bed. The free breakfast buffet was much better than I expected, including cut fruit, hot items, and a waffle machine, and I appreciated the free Internet. The only negative was the time I tried calling the operator and got no answer. I would be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are concerned about noise, request a room away from the outdoor pool, which is open until 10...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fresno, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Check in was a breeze and exceptional staff. These look to be former apartments made into hotel rooms. Huge property. Very spacious rooms. Kitchen with granite countertops and stainless steel fridge, micro and dishwasher. You could easily prepare a nice meal with all the cookware and utensils. Bed was very comfortable. Big bathroom which also had granite countertops. 3 closets too. Location is great. Next to golf course and a very nice sidewalk that goes along part of the course for a nice stroll. Near a lot of food places too. Panera Bread is in a brand new shopping center called Riverpark. And Five Guys Burgers is coming soon. We went and got The Habit burgers and brought back to our room to enjoy. Had our 2 small dogs too and lots if places to walk them. Great breakfast buffet with waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, country potatoes, toast, bagels, breakfast burritos, fresh fruit, cereal and juices. I didn't give a 4 star for this reason: We went to bed about 8:30 (was daylight savings so felt like 9:30 to us!) and could hear our neighbor's tv, which was on very loud, their tv must have been on the other side of our headboard. About 9 I decided I would call the front desk to see if they could let the neighbor know and get them to turn it down I spoke to Edward who apologized and said he would send someone over there to let them know. At the time I called, I didn't know the neighbors room number and just described where it was. We waited and hour, and tv was still loud. About 10:50 we called again and spoke to Edward. This time I went and got the room number . Edward said he had already sent someone over earlier (but I don't think anyone did go over.) We asked him this time to please send someone or call them to turn it down. The 2nd time was a charm, the tv was turned down and we could finally get some sleep. Until someone's car alarm went off at 1 am ! So, I would have given a 4 star rating if they would have taken care if this the first time.

• Stayed November 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Upon arrival, the grounds look excellent. Well-kept and a great location on the golf course. I had excellent views of both the golf course and the pool. The front desk was very friendly at check-in and check-out. No problems there.

Unfortunately, the hotel is a bit off the 101 and the rooms are generally outdated. The style of the furnishings and carpet made me feel like it was 1994. Worst of all, I had fleas in my room. Jumping on my pant leg and on the side of the bed. I was told by a colleague that they do sometimes allow pets. Not a pleasant feeling. It made the room and my stay less than comfortable.

The front desk was very responsive, but it won't be enough to make me return. An unfortunate experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
san diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stay here so often, it's become like my 2nd home so I wish the front desk people would be a bit more welcoming! Marriott's rewards program is one of the best so it really pays to stay if you travel often. This hotel looks like it used to be apartments so it's really a comfy layout if one needs to stay awhile. As written in other reviews, it's a ways from anything but the hotel will send out for groceries for you and their breakfast is wonderful. I don't know why they don't have a restaurant ongrounds since they "remodeled" where one has breakfast just recently. I see they have a sign that they are under new management and I hope that doesn't change things? If you do want a room closer to a mall, etc, there is the Courtyard right off the 101.
I've always stayed in a "studio" room which is spacious and I really like the layout better than the more pricey Marriotts in Orange county! The other downside to this hotel is they frequently have community events and LOTs of kids in their soccer/baseball field. And it's really not worth it to pay for a golf course view room as the "patio" does not have much room or chairs.
I happen to love dark rooms at night to sleep and most of the rooms here give one that nicely!

Room Tip: Rm 614 shouldn't really be considered an "upgrade" tho it does have a golf view, it is...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights on Wed. 10/17 and 10/18 before heading to Santa Monica for a few nights as well. I actually wish we could have spent more time at this property, because it was clean, comfortable, and a great value. The room was spacious, with a fireplace and small patio which we enjoyed. I loved how both pools and all 3 spas were spread out among the property. We were right by a large spa which was nice. The breakfast was good as well. I've been to so many where the free breakfast is crammed into a tiny room and it's mass chaos trying to fight the crowds to get to anything (if it's not already gone). The breakfast area was quite large with PLENTY of seating, and food was constantly being replenished. I highly recommend this property and I plan to stay again next time I visit this area.

Room Tip: We enjoyed building 11, which is off in the corner and quiet. It was also right by the the large sp...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Oxnard River Ridge? Share your experiences!