“Clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Oxnard

Save Saved
You added Ramada Oxnard to your Saves list
Ramada Oxnard
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 East Channel Islands Blvd, Oxnard, CA 93033 (Formerly Comfort Inn near Channel Islands)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Oxnard
Temecula
“Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Yes this place is outdated but the room was large and clean. Coffeemaker and refrigerator, I think it had a microwave but am not 100% sure. TV worked flawlessly with a lot of channels as, the free wireless was strong in our room. Bed was comfortable, our room had a sofa bed which we didn't use. Our stay was for one night, we did have the free breakfast which consisted of potatoes, eggs, sausage, cereals, homemade waffles and toast. It is a non smoking facility, no smoking in any of the rooms.
No resort fee!!! For the money, it was a good choice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Lesly E, General Manager at Ramada Oxnard, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear mikrin:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We hope that you visit us again soon while in the Oxnard/Ventura area!

Best Wishes

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Nipomo, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Now I know why it was so cheap to stay there. The rooms smelled like smoke, had burns on the carpet and the whole property looked deserted. They bragged about Happy Hour which consisted of potato chips and soda! REALLY? I didn't even bother to check out breakfast. I almost left that night because I was afraid to sleep in the bed but I stayed because it was so late. I will NEVER stay there again or recommend it to anyone.I was told that these were non- smoking rooms and that I could be charged $300.00 for smoking in the room. THAT was a joke. There isn't even an Office sign outside to show you where to check in. The property looks like long term living for a halfway house.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. There were a lot of suspicious looking types staying there blasting music out o...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Teresa H

I’m sorry to learn that you had an unpleasant stay at our hotel. Our property is 100% non smoking and there are guests from time to time who do not respect that and that is why we charge a 200$ cleaning fee. You mentioned that you were unhappy with out “happy hour” its actually a lite dinner included with your stay and we add a lot more than “just chips and soda” as you mentioned, In fact we have many, many guests who love our reception and continue to stay with us because there aren't too many hotels that included this great amenity and a full American breakfast also. I would have loved to be given an opportunity to have met you while your stay at our hotel- I hope that you will change your mind and give us another chance in the near future.

Laguna Hills, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

A pretty good place to stay, rooms have gone through a renovation. Management is weak, and not the best. I have been staying there for business for several weeks, three nights a week. The first week the TV had good service and on demand video. You could get your dinner and go to your room to have dinner. The second week no demand video and I was told that you can no longer take your dinner out to your room. The third week no remote for the TV and the young lady at the front desk, although she tried she was on site by herself and had no support could not get me one that night. I called the next morning and they had one in the room when I got in that night. The facility itself is not bad, but the service has been going down since I checked in the first time. Breakfast is Ok but should start earlier. The dinner is very sparse, a pot of pasta with a bowl of salad and no bread, hamburgers in a hot server and potato chips. Very minimal at the best, but for the price it is hard to beat. It seems that the management provides very little support for the staff (of one) at night, who has been told or scared into not calling the manager after 6pm. Whoever is running the hotel must think that they only need to work 9 to 5 and let the desk workers fend for themselves. This is obviously a franchise hotel that is barely meeting the requirements to keep their flag.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Lesly E, General Manager at Ramada Oxnard, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Capnpik:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with others. I apologize if our hotel staff or management fell short in providing you the services that you requested. Regarding the TV issues that you mentioned, we have corrected the signal problem with Time Warner Cable and that should not be an issue any further. I'm sorry to learn that you are dissatisfied with our free managers reception- I'm not sure if you are aware but this is a light dinner that we provide free of charge and we are going above and beyond Ramada Standards, as this is not mandatory per Ramada, this is something that our ownership does for our guests. I hope that you continue to stay with us and once again thank you for your feedback.

Best Wishes

Lesly Elenes

Been to Ramada Oxnard? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Oxnard

Address: 1001 East Channel Islands Blvd, Oxnard, CA 93033 (Formerly Comfort Inn near Channel Islands)
Location: United States > California > Oxnard
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Oxnard
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Oxnard 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Wyndham, Tingo, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Ramada Oxnard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn Near Channel Islands Hotel Oxnard
Comfort Inn Oxnard
Oxnard Comfort Inn
Channel Island Inn And Suite

If you own or manage Ramada Oxnard, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.