“Wouldn't recommend.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Oxnard

Save Saved
You added Ramada Oxnard to your Saves list
Ramada Oxnard
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 East Channel Islands Blvd, Oxnard, CA 93033 (Formerly Comfort Inn near Channel Islands)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Oxnard
CA
“Wouldn't recommend.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Bought a living social deal ...I would ask for my money back and check out if it were an option. Mike at the front desk is very nice but his hands are tied its not his fault they don't maintain the rooms . The hot tub and pool area is very nice and clean and that is the only good thing I can say about it. First room (208) we had there were stains on bedspreads and chairs, the bathroom door was filthy on both sides (nothing a damp towel and a little elbow grease couldn't remedy), a couple of the towels were stained too. We asked to change rooms and mike was very apologetic and accommodating .
This room (104) has the same dirty bathroom door, old bloodstains on the sheet , no pillowcases on one bed so we went to the old room and got some pillows, and the ice bucket has greasy fingerprints all over it. I asked for some antibacterial spray or wipes as all the lights witches and remote and fridge door needed wiped down but they didn't have any...going to the store to get Lysol wipes so I can sleep better tonight. Also, I opened one of the dresser drawers and found a big envelope with someone's mail in it...credit card offers, bills, important stuff. I took it to the front desk.
I don't mind a little older property but I am a stickler for cleanliness ...not too much to ask. I will not come here again or recommend and I'm DONE with Livingsocial deals!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Ray N, General Manager at Ramada Oxnard, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for you positive comments about Mike, our front desk agent. We have shared your comments with him to encourage him to keep up the good work as he has always done.

Naturally, the way you described the bedding in the room was as much of a surprise to us as we imagined it must have been to you. We were not able to verify your comments by the time this information reached us, but our housekeeper in the area you stayed is one of our very best, so this continues to elude us as to how anything like this could have happened. At times some spots do slip by and make their way back into our inventory by accident, so I do hope that this was the case. We continue to do our very best to keep this from happening and are happy that you took some time to make us aware of it to help keep our focus sharp.

Living Social guests have frequented the hotel often, many have stayed more than two or three times per offer. We appreciate our strong working relationship with them, your stay with us was no exception. We do hope you will return to the hotel at sometime in the near future and will accept our apology that all was not perfect on you most recent stay with us.

With kind regards and best wishes for safe travels always,

Ray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The staff was great and friendly! The complementary happy hour snack and beverage were awesome! The complementary breakfast was the best! They let us borrow movies for free! The room was nice and spacious. Overrall we were satisfied and very impressed. Great job staff! (from the receptionist to the cook as well as maintanance guys). Great value for the price!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxnard, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was put up here by my family. I live overseas and was impressed on how roomy my room was. The room had a smell that was eventually aired out after the air conditioner was left on. The staff was excellent. My parents checked us in and told me that the Marina (front desk) was friendly. I had the opportunity to take advantage of their complimentary breakfast. The cook Miranda was
a joy to talk to and Mark who checked us out was friendly and attentive. GREAT STAFF!!!!! The price was EXCEPTIONAL!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ray N, General Manager at Ramada Oxnard, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you so much for trusting us with your overnight needs. We are very pleased to learn of your comments and will look into the "smell" you noted to resolve any further issues.

We wish you continued safe travels and do hope to have the pleasure of serving you again very soon.

Regards,

Indio, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and everything was wonderful. Speedy check-in & check-out. Older hotel but very well maintained. The complimentary breakfast was one of the best we have ever had at a Comfort Inn. Everyone that we met that worked their was great. We will be back again as soon as we can.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying with us recently. We appreciated your comments about our Free Full American Breakfast and look forward as well to your return.

Safe travels to you always,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

It would not take a lot to get this older property under proper control. Here is what we found our first night. The room was roomy. We noticed that the bedspread had stains that..well, they were not paint stains. We asked to have it replaced right away. We got one from another room that did have a small paint stain on it but was otherwise ok. I needed to plug my CPAP (for sleep acnea) into an outlet near the bed. The plug ins were completely worn out and would not hold the cord in place. I spread the little forks of the plug in apart a little bit and was able to get the cord to stay plugged into the wall. In looking for another plug, I moved a love seat type of couch away from the wall and found waste paper and bottle caps. The internet system included a wireless Linksys router in the room. This was unusual. And it did not work. I called the front desk. They offered another room but we were already settled in. In looking more closely at the wiring, I found that the ends of the ethernet cords were very worn and had fallen out of their plug in. I was able to plug directly into my laptop and got that working. While getting ice from the ice machine, I notice that the soda machine was out of order. This is an older property that could be just fine but is suffering from neglect. I cannot recommend it.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ray N, General Manager at Ramada Oxnard, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
We are very sorry to learn your stay was less than perfect. We appear to have removed our “wet paint” signs a little too early from our railings as it does appear that some paint stains made their way into more than one of the rooms and onto our soft goods... We appreciate your pointing this out however.

Your comments about seeing our internet equipment in your guest room is further evidence of just how thick and sound proof our walls are due to our quality construction years ago. In an effort to serve our guests better we increase our WiFi hot spots in order to provide stronger signal in certain need areas of the property. We have removed the equipment based upon your comments and have located it to a more well concealed place.

Our vending company was embarrassed to learn your comments about their “out of order” soda machine, but they had it repaired directly upon the parts arriving. However, we do hope that a member of our team pointed out to you that there was a second soda machine as well as a candy machine available to you just steps away in the guest laundry room?

Best wishes and safe travels,

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I chose this hotel for the good price and the pool. I was pleasantly surprised at the excellent breakfast they served--full breakfast ! The area was close to the beach and the room was in great condition. The staff were courteous and friendly too.

• Stayed September 2012
Ray N, General Manager at Ramada Oxnard, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your evaluation of our hotel. We are all so pleased you enjoyed your visit and will return again soon.

Safe travels always!

Milpitas, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We got a double room towards the back of the hotel as I thought it would be more quiet. The room was very large - had good TV channels selection. You can tell the room and the hotel is old, but it was an overnight stay on our way to San Diego so it was OK. The breakfast in the morning was excellent - they had great choices of cereal, juices, breads, eggs, yogurt, etc. We used the pool twice - it was a rectangular pool that was heated. Very clean area around the pool. I have to mention that I did see a couple of hairs in the bathroom floor. Also, we had to stay until 12pm because my car battery died and we were waiting for AAA to come with a replacement - that wait cost us some nasty looks from housekeeping. I didn't tell the front desk that we were still in the room, so maybe we deserved those nasty looks? One night stay so I didn't really care.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ray N, General Manager at Ramada Oxnard, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
So happy you enjoyed your Free Full American Breakfast and our sleeping room. We will address those "looks" from our housekeepers you noted getting as well as making improvements on cleaning your room in more detail.

So sorry to learn about the dead battery in your car, glad you got on your way in the same day.

We hope to see you again and safe travels always.

Ray

Been to Ramada Oxnard? Share your experiences!