“Get a Marina view...its worth it!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and save 15%
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Oxnard
Fallbrook, California, United States
“Get a Marina view...its worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I were up here in Oxnard last weekend. We were invited to a Naval retirement ceremony for a family friend. It also happened to be our five year anniversary. We decided (last minute) to come up a day early, since we're from San Diego, and had a 3 hour drive. We made the reservations the DAY OF check in, no problems what-so-ever. The front desk clerk was very helpful with things to do for the weekend. They even had it in their notes that it was our anniversary and said congratulations (sneaky hubby!). We had a room on the 3rd floor facing the Marina...beautiful view. So quiet, and wonderful. The parking was fine, great service. Excellent restaurants in the marina area. Very, very clean room. The hotel staff even left a hand written posted note on the bed that the duvet was freshly clean (That kind of seemed weird to me, because I thought they (hotels in general) cleaned them with every visit, but maybe I've been wrong all these years??) Anyhoo, the complimentary breakfast was good for me. Waffles, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, cold cereal, bagels, muffins, danishes ect... the coffee was piping hot...which I LOVE..we enjoyed our coffee out on our balcony both mornings. I hardly saw a soul around it was so quiet. Overall, if we have to come to Oxnard again, I'd say this is the only place we'll stay. The only negative thing I have to mention is the refrigerator in the room...it kind of did this grinding noise once or twice a night, didn't really bother me, but did wake me up. Since we didn't have anything in the fridge I just unplugged it after the first night and that was that...no biggie)

Room Tip: Marina view is a must...3rd floor if you can get it
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
PattyTewes, General Manager at Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Hello Erika:
Thank you so much for your nice review and comments about our property and team members, we are all so glad you enjoyed the time you spent with us and we were able to meet your expectations. As a Brand Standard we do place the Duvet notes in the headboards as a reminder to the guest that we "do change them every single time" . I hope you had a wonderful visit and anniversary and hope to see you back soon while in the area.
All the best,
Patty Tewes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Atlanta, Ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am a Hampton fan. I stay at one whenever I'm traveling and there is one available so I would have rated this property a Very Good if not for the awful bath towels. I can't believe they are Hilton standard. Thin and small is what they are.

Aside from the useless towels it was a nice place. Great grounds that back up to a lovely marina. The breakfast was typical and the front desk people I encountered were efficient if not a little aloof.

I think I would search out another Hampton in the area and avoid this one in the future.

Room Tip: I was in 109. Pool view king and I paid around $129
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear BobZ:
I want to thank you for taking the time to review our property; I do want to apologize for the issue with the towels, we follow Brand standards when purchasing all of our linens and have already discuss this issue with the department supervisor to avoid any future situations since this was probably unnoticed in the room inspection. If you are in the area in the future and will give us the opportunity to host your needs again, please feel free to contact me directly so that I can better assist you.
Respectfully,
Fresno,California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Hotel is very nice. It is close to everything. Both my wife and I had a GREAT time. Weather was perfect and we couldn't ask for better service from hotel staff. The park next door hads to the location. Great for picnics and a quick stroll.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AMCOM:
We appreciate your nice input and sharing your experience at our property with other travelers, we will love to see you back while in the Channel Islands Harbor area in the near future.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We have been staying here now for the past four years. Our daughter is now a senior at the nearby Cal State University Channel Islands. There are closer Hampton Inns to the college, but by staying here on the harbor, only 15-20 minutes away, we have a little "mini-vacation!" (Plus the price is the same!) My husband has multiple sclerosis and uses a wheelchair, so we always have stayed in one of their ADA rooms overlooking the harbor. The bedroom and bathroom are spacious and easy to manuever around in a wheelchair, plus it is wonderful to still have the balcony to use and enjoy the view of the harbor. The breakfast seems to be a little better than most Hampton Inns (and Patty always welcomes us with a hug and a smile!). One of the ADA rooms has a couch with a pull-out bed (which is nice if you have a child or an extra person). If you ask (especially in advance), you can have a mini-fridge and a microwave put in the room. There is a pizza place nearby that delivers to the hotel - perfect to eat on the balcony with your bottle of wine or chilled beer. A couple of the ADA rooms (320 and 220) are quite close to the ice machines and elevators and can be a little louder than the other ADA rooms, but usually everything quiets down not too late in the evening. There's a great little park next to the hotel that you can walk to (or roll to!), plus on summer weekends there are late afternoon/early evening concerts in the park that you can enjoy from your balcony with your own beverages/snacks. This a wonderful hotel with great views, a warm and helpful staff, and a very reasonable (low) cost! We highly recommend this Hampton Inn!

Room Tip: ADA rooms 320 and 220 are close to the elevators and to the ice machines which can be noisier.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
PattyTewes, General Manager at Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear 4Forfun:
What a great review of our property, service, rooms and surroundings! We thank you so much for taking the time and sharing with other travelers looking for places to stay in the area. We do appreciate you coming back each time you visit your daughter and like you said... making it a mini vacation at the same time. We really hope to see you and your husband back really soon.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can assist you with.
Chevy Chase, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was my fourth stay at this hotel and it was again great. The staff was friendly and helpful with several solid recommendations for dining and wine tasting.

The room was clean and comfortable, nad the staff always had a smile and were looking for ways to help

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PattyTewes, General Manager at Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Ogre 1969:
It's great to hear you enjoy yourself each time you're at the property, we do our best to ensure you have a pleasant and comfortable stay as well as give you information for dining and entertaining around the area. We do appreciate you coming back and hope to see you again soon.
Williamsburg, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I make it a point to stay at this particular Hampton Inn. The staff from front desk to food service to maintenance and housekeeping are all very pleasant and go out of their way to make you feel at home and to show you the local establishments for recreation. Of particular note is Patty, who makes the early morning breakfast such a great way to start the day!

Room Tip: Upper level - marina side are the best!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Parkhouse:
It's great to hear you enjoy coming to our property each time you're in the area. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to share with others and the nice comments, especially about Patty in the breakfast area, which we will pass on to her.
We hope to see you back soon while in the Channel Islands Harbor area in the near future.
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have stayed here at the Hampton Inn several times, since my son and his wife moved up to the area. We always choose the bay view rooms. All of the rooms have a nice patio to sit out on. The staff greets you with a smile and are extremely helpful. The hotel is clean and secure from the lobby to the highest room. I have stayed for business as well as leisure and am very satisfied every time. The room did not generate any outside noise, which was a plus. The breakfast selection is quite appetizing. It caters to the young w/oatmeal and a variety of cereals, followed by pastries, eggs, (yes, they are the typical hotel eggs, not too bad), bacon or sausage, waffles made by you! Of course, coffees, teas, cocoa and juices. I highly recommend this hotel, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Bay side gives you a view of the docked boats and a small park like area. The view facing the office...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear KD26882003:
We are so glad you keep coming to our property each time you are in the area, we do appreciate your business and great comments, they are very detail and will help other travelers make their choices. We hope to see you back soon.
All the best
Patty Tewes

Been to Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor? Share your experiences!