You added GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Oxnard to your Saves list
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Oxnard
Oxnard ca
“TV”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

All the TVs went out in the hotel. The clerk did not try to get anyone in to assess to see if it was a breaker or what. She jus said it would have to wait till morning.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Oxnardgm, Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Oxnard, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear Blondienurse,
Thank you so very much for your comments, without them we would not be able to improve ourselves, i apologize for the time it has taken for us to respond. We are now under new managament and have revamped alot of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the future and hope that you are having a wonderful day

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Califronia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

Our family stayed in the 2 room suite on our mini vacation/family party in Santa Barbara. After carefully researching the hotels in the area we choose the Grandstay Residence Suites and were very pleased with our choice. The staff was helpful and friendly and the rooms were clean. The rooms were decent sized and had there own televisions. The television in the living room also had a DVD player.
Our family, which consists of an 8yr old, 6yr old, 4yr old, 16 mo. old, 2 mo. old infant, my husband, me, and my mother slept comfortably in the rooms. We also had enough room in the bedroom for our 16mo old's play pen and our 2mo old's bassinet after a small adjustment to the night stand.
The fully equipped kitchen included a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, counter top burner, microwave, sink, dishes, pots, pans, all utensils, and even dish soap.
The little play structure gave the kids a chance to stretch their legs after the 3 hr. drive and gave my husband and I a chance to unload the car without interruption (Thanks to Grandma).
Our kids loved the salt water heated pool and Jacuzzi and used it twice a day during our stay. The pool is perfect for children because it is not too deep (5 ft in the center).
There was also a basketball hoop and a small mini golf green which my family did not use. The hotel was close (about a block away) from a variety of restaurants and stores.
The hotel put out a nice Continental Breakfast that included a do it yourself waffle station, eggs, and bacon one day sausage the next. My kids loved the waffle station because they were able to make their own waffles. In the evening the hotel puts out a dozen freshly baked complementary cookies and coffee/tea.
There was also a coin operated washer & dryer available; that I was able to use after a small mishap with one of my kids. There was a laundry basket in our bathroom that I was thankfully able to utilize. Unfortunately, there was no laundry soap available for purchase at the hotel; however my husband was able to purchase some at the 7/11 next door. Which brings me to the one negative I have to mention the property is located in a business district and has no fencing around it for privacy.
All in all this was a great experience for the whole family and I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Dear CaliforniaBusyMom,
Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel and staff here at the Grandstay. We apologize for the delay in our response we are now under new management and have just started replying to our coments here on TripAdvisor. We are very happy that we were able to give you everything that you needed while you stayed here with us and would love to see you and your wonderful large family again soon. Hope that you are doing well.
los angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2008

The customer service was great. We got in late and checked in efficiently. Late that night the manager came down from his apartment and spent a fair amount of time trying to accommodate a special request. We were at Grandstay a year ago too and both times found the place to be clean, quiet, and comfortable. The beds are good. The one bedroom was really efficient and great for the two of us. There is a TV in the bedroom and living area. The bedroom can be closed off so one can sleep while another watches TV. The WiFi worked well. The kitchen area works well with a full size frig. The dining table worked well as a desk. The desk is great for studying or working. Breakfast was adequate. The business park surroundings were quiet and clean. It’s close to the freeway, restaurants, stores and a supermarket. The Grandstay was a good value for the price.

• Liked — Rooms, price, location.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear Tmoo,
Thank you so much for your positive review fo our hotel and staff. We apologize for the delay in our response, We are under new management and have just started replying to our comments here TripAdvisor. We hope to see you and take care of you soon. Hope you are doing well and that we will be able to give you a great experience again.
Pasadena,Ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

I've been to the Oxnard,Ca hotel twice and both times received the worst service I've ever seen.Both times the room I requested was not available,tbut they don't tell you that until you enter the room,"oh,the hotel is booked we don't have that room available"We made a reservationn for a two bedroom suite,we ended up being put in 2 seperate 1 bedrooms! the agent was rude,the manager is never available.
Last year we were treated horribly,I was sent a complimentary gift certificate,this year when I decided to use it again we wew treated horribly,the agent told me the manager would speak to me the next morning,noone bothered to show up,but the manager did email a week after I checked out with the excuse the agents agents arent properly trained"he then offered me another stay!
My suggestion is NEVER stay at Grandstay Residential Stuie Hotels.

• Liked — I did not like anything about the hotel the staff is so terrible it turns you off the overall experience
  • Disliked — the staff,I would not recommend this hotel to anyone
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oxnardgm, General Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Oxnard, responded to this review, March 4, 2011
I'm concerned about the your experience at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been addressed and the appropriate action has been taken.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2008

This hotel serves its function as it provide decent shelter for us. That's about it. This is a very new and considered clean hotel. But because of the quality of the finishing is so CHEAP - from TV, the wall, bed, chairs, everything - I just don't want to go back.

The people are very nice though.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — quality of finishing and appointments - no thrill hotel
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear MytwocentsCalifornia,
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel and staff, without that we here at the Grandstay would not be able to improve. We are sorry that the appearance of the hotel was not what you were expecting, we are now under new management and there have been many changes made. Hope you are doing well and that in the future if you are in the Oxnard area you will give us another chance to host you.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2007

Positives -
A good price for a Saturday night in August at $100. We stayed here because there was nothing available in Santa Barbara. The bed was comfortable and the room was spacious for just the 2 of us. Lots of restaurants close by, gas station next door for easy fill-up before driving, and a decent little pool and exercise room.

Negatives -
The rooms facing the street have to deal with the street traffic noise and the parking lot. But the rooms facing the pool get to hear all the screaming kids. We could also hear the people above us on the 3rd floor stomping around. If you are sensitive to noise, I would recommend asking for a room on the top floor (3rd) on the right side (east) of the building. This way, no parking lot, no street and furthest away from the swimming pool.
Also, breakfast was pretty weak with just the typical sugar filled cereals and some breads. They could at least get a waffle maker.

Otherwise, a great hotel in excellent condition.

• Liked — brand new
  • Disliked — noise
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Oxnardgm, Manager at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Oxnard, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear 2ez4me,
First i would like to thank you for your comments, they have proved to be very helpfull. i apologize for the delay in our response to you. we are under new management now and have just started replying to our reviews
Since your stay with us we have made quite a few changes. We now actually do have 2 waffle makers as well as a wide variety of breakfast items including fresh fruit, yogurt, buritos, and many other wonderful things.
we hope you are doing well and hope to see you the next time you are in the area.
Sunnyvale, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2007

We had a one night stay in a one bedroom suite. There were no problems with our stay. The space was small, and seemed especially small with the sofa bed open and a family of 4. The room was clean and well kept, as you would expect with a new property. We put a note in our reservations indicating that we planned to use the sofa bed and would appreciate having sheets and a blanket ready for that, but still had to ask for those items upon check in and then they were provided with no problem. We wanted to get a hotel crib during our stay but I believe the reason the hotel indicates they don't provide one is because the suite is too small.

• Liked — new and clean, suite has door that closes between bedroom and main room
  • Disliked — very small
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
dear SunnytravelCA,
Thank you so much for your responses, without them we, here at the grandstay, would not be able to improve ourselves. I apologize for the delay in our response to you, our hotel is under new management now and we have just started replying to our comments here on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to inform you that since your stay with us we have made a few changes including the fact that the sheets and such for the pull out beds are now standard in each room.
We hope you and your wonderful family are doing well and would love to host you the next time you are in the oxnard area

Been to GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Oxnard? Share your experiences!