“Triple D was right” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Walnut
“Triple D was right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I saw this restaurant on the Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, so it was on my must do list when I visited my son in Oxnard. I had the Kitchen burger, but changed the BBQ sauce for the garlic aioli, and had the parmesan fries with it...I loved it! As did my daughter-in-law, as she ate the same thing. My son built his own burger with mozzarella and mushrooms, it is his favorite combination on a burger and he ate every bit of this one. He and I also sampled a couple local brews...Mammas Pills and the Saint Archer stout, that were both good. As the portions were good sized, we took dessert home. I enjoyed the bread pudding and the kids ate all the cheese cake, so I did not get the promised taste. The kids are planning to take friends when they visit, as the Kitchen has gluten free options that are hard to find that will also make kids happy.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Caerphilly, United Kingdom
“Best burger I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We just had to stop here when passing through Oxnard in October as I'd seen in on 'DDD'. Super friendly waitress who was really pleased when we told her we'd come a long way to try their famous burgers! My hubby and I both had burgers, he had a lamb/mint one and I had the kitchen burger with bacon & blue cheese - wow - everything totally homemade and a big, fat, juicy burger which was more like steak, so tender! I also loved the garlic/parmesan fries, absolutely delicious! I would definitely recommend this place - it seems a little out of the way, but well worth a trip - well we travelled 4,500 mile to go so it must be something special!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Centerville, Iowa
“Good twists on traditional pub fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I did the lamb burger and seasoned fries. It was cooked perfectly and accented by a yummy pepper relish.

Service was good for the early lunch on our trip up the coast from Malibu. This is a Diners Drive Ins and Dive stop. We enjoyed our food and the quiet pace compared to hectic LA.

I highly recommend giving this a try if you are in the area.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Small Restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went for dinner and chose different item. My husband was not happy with his Italian dish and I could not eat my chicken dish. My chicken was tough and hard to cut. The flavor was okay, but salty. The service was not much better even though they were not busy at the time we went. We will not be going back.

Visited February 2013
Victoria
“A standout”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Oxnard is one of the most run down and crime ridden cities in California. There is a small section of town called Heritage square which is safe and worth a look. This restaurant is situated there. The staff are warm and friendly and there was a musician playing on a Friday night. We were a group of ten, and the was excellent. The menu tends towards regular favorites. I had an Asian wrap with chicken. Very good. Recommended as a good place for good food.

• Visited April 2013