“Convienient and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Oxnard
Melbourne, Australia
“Convienient and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel had spacious rooms, good parking and excellent access to the freeways, shopping centres and restaurants. We wanted a place to stay for a couple of nights as we had an all day trip out to sea from Ventura Harbour.
Easy access to Ventura Harbour from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Maureen B, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Oxnard Ventura, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Our wonderful team of associates would like to thank you for staying with us at The Courtyard by Marriott, Oxnard. We are so pleased you found your room to be a comfortable place to relax and rest. We are anticipating our guest room renovations to begin soon, so your next visit will be even more comfortable. And we hope you had a wonderful day trip out from the Ventura Harbor. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.
Team Courtyard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stopped by on a Saturday to see if they had a room available, and reception was so helpful, gave us the best rate, everyone upbeat and cheerful. Many places to eat nearby, too. Comfortable, quiet room as requested!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Maureen B, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Oxnard Ventura, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
We are so glad you stopped by The Courtyard by Marriott in Oxnard and that you enjoyed our dedication to excellent service. It is always our pleasure to make our guest's stays relaxing and comfortable. I am proud to be a member of this team of associates and as we are anticipating the renovations of our guest rooms to begin soon, we look forward to your next visit.
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Visited this Marriott a second time.

The check-in was easy and the lady was friendly. We had the same comfortable stay. But the silence was the best. We stayed on the ground floor in building 'C' and I didn't hear anyone or anything in the hallway! I slept til 11:00 am. I did vaguely hear the people next door in the late evening and perhaps a passing train, but no complaints here.

However, the sink took forever to drain. I would have to keep turning the water on/off when I was brushing my teeth/washing my face to it wouldn't get to full. Annoying, kinda. Tolerable, eh, sure. But, hey, I slept good.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Maureen B, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Oxnard Ventura, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Our whole team of associates here at The Courtyard by Marriott, Oxnard would like to sincerely thank you and your family for your recent stay. As a team, we work together to give our guests excellent service and comfortable nights. I'm pleased you enjoyed both. We are expecting to begin our guest room renovation by the end of the year and are looking forward to your next visit when I'm sure we can make your stay even better yet.
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed here for one night as part of a Tour America package organised by American Sky so I can't comment directly on the value for money. We were allowed to check in early, very warm welcome, after I had made the mistake of trying to check in with a guy who was merely using one of the computers that for some reason are situated right by the main doors - the reception is past them and to the right! Easy to find, right off the freeway but not very well situated for any restaurants. The hotel has it's own but we ended up driving to Ventura meaning one of us coudn't drink. We're not alcoholics, well the wife isn't but I do like a drink and I was the driver so from my point of view this is a negative point to be aware of. We had a telephone call from reception half an hour after check in to make sure the room was acceptable and any questions we asked at the reception was met with almost overpowering helpfulness, nothing was too much trouble. We slept well and had no problems so overall a good experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Maureen B, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Oxnard Ventura, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
We would like to thank you for your recent stay with us at The Courtyard by Marriott, Oxnard, and thank you for taking the time to review our property. We definitely like to hear that we are successful in providing our guests with excellent service. As a member of an outstanding team, I can tell you that our dedication to our guests comes from caring so much about our team and our property. We hope that for your next visit you are able to enjoy our complimentary shuttle that is available to take your party to and from your restaurant, so you both may enjoy a worry free meal. It travels anywhere within a 5-mile radius, and is our pleasure to offer our guests.
We hope to see you again soon.
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel so that I could be close to Ventura Harbor for travel to the Channel Islands. It was in a commercial section of town with plenty of restaurants and shopping. The hotel itself is a little older hotel that has been updated. When checking in, I was given the choice of the main building which had an elevator, and the other building, that did not. With quite heavy luggage, I opted for the building with the elevator. The room was comfortable and updated. There was a nice bistro in the lobby - I didn't eat here, but have had breakfast at other Courtyards and these are generally good food at good prices. I did have to do some work on the night that I was there and used the computers provided by the hotel. Their business center was a handful of computers sitting on a table literally right in the front door.. there happened to be a wedding with a live band just off of the lobby that night. Between that very loud music and the numerous people coming in and out of the front door, this was a difficult place to work. Really not a great location for their business center. That is really the only complaint that I would have about this hotel. It was a great value for the location, easy access to the harbor, and convenient. Would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Maureen B, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Oxnard Ventura, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Dawn,
I would like to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us. I am passing your comments on to my General Manager so that we may improve in the areas you mentioned. We have just recently upgraded our wifi networks so that our frequent business travelers can enjoy the enhanced speed and connectivity. We are also planning a guest room renovation later this year, so I do hope you will come back and enjoy a cool drink in our courtyard and a comfortable night in you room.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night over labor day weekend while traveling on vacation. This property consists of two buildings, the larger main building where the lobby is and a smaller two story building in the back across the courtyard. When we arrived around 5:00 pm we were told there were no rooms available in the main building but there would be within about an hour or we could get a room in the other building right away. The staff at the front desk was very nice and was apologetic about the room selection. They were eager to accommodate us however we preferred which I thought was nice, I can imagine a lot of hotels not giving you an option of which building you would like to stay in. The only caveat about staying in the smaller building is there is no elevator so we had to carry our bags up to the second floor, for me this is not a big deal but I can understand that some may find this to be very inconvenient, which is why it was nice they told us about that ahead of time. The lobby of the hotel was spacious and modern with lots of seating as well as a bistro that serves food. The room itself was older but appears to have been mostly renovated. The fridge in the room looked to be at least 10-15 years old but worked fine. The bathroom was kind of small but not too bad. The bed was good and overall the room was comfortable. All in all this is not the nicest or newest of the Courtyards but the service is very good and the rooms are more than decent and compared to other hotels in the area this certainly one of the better values. Based on the quality of the service, the convenient location off the 101, and the value I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Maureen B, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Oxnard Ventura, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Doug,
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us at The Courtyard by Marriott in Oxnard, and for taking the time to write this review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our commitment to service excellence. As a member of this team, I know we have a special group of associates here, working together to make each guest's stay comfortable. We would like to let you know that we are getting ready for our guest room renovations later this year, so we hope to make your next stay even better!
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is a standard Courtyard hotel right next to the highway. Fitness center is good and personnel is friendly. Rooms are standard Courtyard style with standard (good) amenities. There are a lot of nice hotels in Oxnard close to the beach, but more expensive. I usually try to write nice reviews, but cannot do so this time. I usually log into corporate network at night to access data etc. I also truly enjoy to relax watching some funny movie on Netflix or Vudu at night to reset my mind - not possible here since the Internet speed brought back distant memories of the mid eighties when my Commodore C-64 made weird noises being hooked to a modem bigger than the rotary dial phone...They do not provide LAN connection and their wireless is beyond weak. Make sure to bring finger puppets for entertainment in case you want to watch something besides advertisement on tv - streaming is on hold while here. Back to the positives - bed was comfortable, road noise is being completely reduced by top notch windows, good parking and many restaurants in walking distance. I would be back if they would get some Internet connection going.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Maureen B, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Oxnard Ventura, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Joerg,
I want to thank you for your recent stay with us here at The Courtyard by Marriott in Oxnard, and for taking the time to write this review. I've already shared this with our General Manager and appreciate any feedback that can help us improve where your stay wasn't perfectly comfortable. I understand your frustration about the internet. We have recently added a network to our wifi service. It is the "Courtyard" network, and we have been hearing very good things about the speed and connectivity. The ATT is still available but not our main network. I'm so sorry you weren't able to enjoy this new service. We will be more diligent in the future to make sure all our guests have everything they need for a comfortable stay and look forward to your next visit.
Team Courtyard

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Oxnard Ventura? Share your experiences!