I stayed at this Marriott while on vacation recently. I usually prefer to use Marriott properties because they consistently hold a high standard of cleanliness and service. This property is conveniently located very close to the Freeway (101) and proved to be a good central point for my vacation activities - beach, sightseeing, etc. in Ventura, Port Hueneme, Ojai and Santa Barbara. There were also restaurants and stores located close by, which was convenient for me.
The room was very clean and very comfortable. The bed was especially comfortable and I slept very well. The room was also spacious and had everything I needed for a comfortable stay. Large TV and free HBO was a nice addition.
The free internet provided worked well and was very easy to access. The hotel also provided computers and a printer for guests to use in the lobby, along with a very convenient terminal and printer for quick printing of airline boardiing passes (what a great idea).
The pool, though I did not use it, looked clean and well maintained. It was very convenient for me that there was a guest laundry and it was clean and well-maintained.
I ate breakfast at the Bistro twice, but did not use it for dinner. The breakfasts were both excellent, reasonably priced, and served quickly.
But the thing that really set this hotel apart for me, and why I've already recommended it to others, is that the staff were wonderful. The front desk staff were all polite and efficient but also friendly and pleasant. They made me feel special and that my business was appreciated.
This hotel is not at a beautiful location - like some that I've stayed at, but it is a great place to rest, recharge, and use as a home base, The location is such a convenient starting point for any travel and sightseeing in the area that I would definitely stay here again when I come back to Ventura next year. Before checking in at the Marriott I spent 3 days at the Cliff House Hotel, which is at a beautiful location but was not very convenient or particularly comfortable. It felt like a relief to check into the comfort of the Courtyard.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Oxnard Ventura Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott Oxnard Ventura Hotel Oxnard
- Courtyard Oxnard Ventura
- Courtyard Oxnard
- Oxnard Courtyard
- Oxnard Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of the premier hotels in Oxnard, CA – Courtyard Oxnard Ventura. Located between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara just off the 101 freeway along Southern California’s famous “Strawberry Coast,” our hotel is minutes from the Channel Islands Harbor & beaches. This Oxnard, CA hotel’s 166 spacious guest rooms and suites feature complimentary wireless Internet, 32” flat-screen HD TVs and room service. Our hotel’s guests have complimentary access to the on-site fitness center, 24-hour self-service business center and outdoor swimming pool & whirlpool. Our spacious meeting facilities offer more than 10,000 sq ft and accommodate groups from 10 to 500 guests, with state-of-the-art audiovisual services. Every morning, our Plaza Grill Restaurant offers a full American breakfast buffet. Our hotel’s Oxnard, California location is conveniently located close to beaches, golfing, shopping outlet malls, restaurants, wine tasting tours, whale watching, kayaking and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Oxnard Ventura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.