“Excellent Hotel, Would not stay anywhere else in the Area” 5 of 5 stars

Book early and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Oxnard
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Millersvile
“Excellent Hotel, Would not stay anywhere else in the Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The first time I stayed in this area on business I wanted to stay at this hotel because of the reviews and some of the photos. It looked and sounded very nice, but myself and a coworker were talked into trying another (well named) hotel very very close to the beach. Well, it sounded good but it only took us one night and we were out of there. The rooms were very old and the area felt very dirty and unsafe. Fortunately the Homewood Suites in Oxnard still had rooms and we were able to get a room for the remaining 4 nights. We were very impressed and I knew if I ever had to come back on business I would not look elsewhere. I recently had to return to the area on business and I definately wanted to stay here. I brought my 15 year old grandson with me and knew he would LOVE it. I booked us a 2 bedroom suite and they did not have our exact room type available when we arrived and before I could say anything they told me they upgraded our room at no additional cost. To say we were impressed was an understatement. Our room was outstanding. We each had our own bathroom, both with a jetted tub, living room, kitchen, balcony, and excellent internet. I felt very comfortable leaving him during the day while I worked. I would not have felt that way at ANY of the beach hotels in the area. All the extras at this hotel are free. You get free breakfast, parking, internet, newspaper, evening reception, with food and drinks (beer and wine). This is a wonderful hotel and would recommend anyone to stay here. I want to go back already. Thank you Homewood Suites. I will definitely be recommending this hotel to my coworkers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chris S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for responding to our hotel survey. We strive to offer the highest level of service to our guests. Our staff is pleased to hear that you and your grandson had a wonderful stay here at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo. We greatly appreciate your high scores and look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Once again, thank you for staying with us and choosing the Homewood Suites by Homewood Suites by HIlton Oxnard/Camarillo.

Best Regards,

Chris Skinner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Tacoma, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Location is great. It's a two minutes off the 101 Freeway, very easy on and off. Half mile from Costco, Marshalls, and other shopping.

The staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were good size, clean, and very quiet, the beds very comfortable.

Breakfast is included in the room rate and a good selection of choices which varied every day.

Free dinner on weeknights with wine that's available for everyone.

I would highly recommend that you check this place out next time you need a place to saty in Oxnard or Ventura. I know I will saty here again my next trip to the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for responding to our hotel survey. We strive to offer the highest level of service to our guests. Our staff is pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay here at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo. We greatly appreciate your high scores and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and choosing the Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo

Yorba Linda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Just wanted to thank the great folks of Homewood Suites, Oxnard, CA. for their great reception and a very relaxing stay. I am really amazed by the caring Staff Krystal, Jackie, Jennifer and more..they were very helpful in every way they can. I find this hotel truly exceptional ..it's clean quiet with spacious rooms compared to others.

Morning is a always a great start with Ms. Reyna's homecooking style..it's always a diiferent course of breakfast meal everyday and has excellent presentation. Rooms are very clean and with a very "Comfy" bed for a good night sleep. Also want to brag about their free dinner ..serve every night with wine and beverage that's available for everyone.

I would highly recommend that you check this place out whenever you're Oxnard, CA. especially if you're up for a long stay. I really had a great time and refreshing stay; more so that I was able to do my work with their business center that is fully equipped.

Many Thanks " Homewood Suites of Oxnard, CA."

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Once again, thank you for staying with us and choosing the Homewood Suites by Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The service is excellent, the decor beautiful, the room is spacious and the wifi easy to use. In the morning we ate breakfast and what a breakfast it was! Besides cereal, yogurt, fruit, english muffins, wonderful coffee, they serve eggs and other hot foods. It was quite a buffet. The eating area had a beautiful fireplace all lit up.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for responding to our hotel survey. We strive to offer the highest level of service to our guests. Our staff is pleased to hear that you and your family had a wonderful stay here at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo. We greatly appreciate your high scores and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again.

Porterville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with separate bedroom. It had 2- 40"flat screens. 1 in the bedroom and 1 in the living room with pullout sofa. It also had a 2 burner stove, full fridge and microwave. It was just like a little apartment. This place is brand new and looks it. Staff was very attentive. The only drawback is that it sits inside a corporate zoned area so there is not really anything you can get to without driving. The plus is that it is quiet and secluded. Lots of kids running around the breakfast area. Breakfast was "so, so". We got there about 20 min before the cutoff and they were out of half the stuff they were serving. If you say breakfast served till 10... then breakfast should be served till 10. Other than that, everything was tip top.

Room Tip: Any room is quiet. This is a well built and brand new hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for responding to our hotel survey. We strive to offer the highest level of service to our guests. Our staff strives to give you that "at home" feeling, and are pleased that we were able accomplish that with you. We greatly appreciate your high scores and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have stayed here many times and in all seasons, always for work travel. By far this is a great place to stay. You don't have to pay for parking. It is just off the highway and not a inordinate distance from the local bases nor the beaches. They usually have a decent breakfast (something hot and eggs) along with the usual hotel breakfast stuff (cereal, yogurt, waffles). Fresh coffee all day. The rooms are large with a comfortable bed, a sitting area, a desk and a table to eat on. Fridge in the room and dishes makes it easy to bring-in your own food and groceries if you don't want to eat out every night while you are visiting. In-house dinner options are great, as well as being nearby a 24 hr 7-11 and 24hr McDonalds, if you find yourself needing a late night snack, they are nearby. Overall, good location, there have been a few times during the spring where I have had work telecons while sitting out by the pool mid-day without a peep of interruption. If you are looking for an affordable stay, this is a gem.

Room Tip: I always stay at the end of the hall away from the elevator. But my last stay, I stayed next to the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for responding to our hotel survey. We strive to offer the highest level of service to our guests. We greatly appreciate your high scores and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and choosing the HOmewood SUites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo.

Chris SKinner
Placentia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have been a memeber of the Hilton family for several years and travelled to several Countries and stayed at different Hilton. I have always been very happy in staying at this chain of hotels. Once only I experienced a problem at the Hilton in Mecca Saudi Arabia. That was unfortunately somehow expected

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Once again, thank you for staying with us and choosing the Homewood Suites by HIlton Oxnard/Camarillo.

Chris Skinner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxnard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach - Hotel & Resort
Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor
Hilton Garden Inn Oxnard/Camarillo
Residence Inn Oxnard River Ridge
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Oxnard
BEST WESTERN Oxnard Inn

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo? Share your experiences!