“I hate hotels, but this one tops my list in the U.S.” 5 of 5 stars

Book early and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Oxnard
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Los Angeles, California
“I hate hotels, but this one tops my list in the U.S.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011 via mobile

I hate hotels. I usually try to stay in apartments or houses but this Homewood Suites is excellent!

They upgraded us for free to the two bedroom two bath suite and I was impressed. There was no room to room noise (one of the reasons I hate hotels), three TVs and the hotel seems maybe a year old. Still smells new and clean (reason two why I hate hotels).

My Only small complaint was maid service. They did not respond to two requests to supply more than one fork and failed to re make the bed with clean sheets after I spilled coffee and specifically requested this.

Also, it seems the basketball court is very popular and the bounce, bounce, bounce can get annoying every night.

Overall, I have enjoyed my four stays here this past year despite the small problems. I know, I am sensitive about noise and smells. My dear hubby had no complaints at all. And he travels all over the US two weeks every month and this hotel is one of his faces.

I would note there is a highway nearby that does deliver some traffic noise and there is some
construction. But the positives far outweigh the small negatives.

Breakfast has always been good and plentiful. We have not the free weeknight dinners yet. Parking is plentiful and free.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Comfortable room, nice amenities. We appreciated the fridge and all the dishes, as well as the popcorn included in the room! We were never at the hotel for the manager's reception, but the breakfast was pretty good. The lobby is gorgeous and new.

We didn't actually swim in the pool, but the water seemed fine.

Comfortable beds, nice shower, good location. Nice plush towels, friendly staff. We would definitely come back if we wanted to be in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I stayed that the Homewood Suites Oxnard for the annual Santa to Sea half marathon event. The rooms were really nice-kitchenette and very nice sized bathroom/living area. The only reason I gave this hotel 4 out of 5 is the location, which I guess isn't it's fault. It seemed to be located near the hospital/business district; which some guests would prefer depending on the nature of your travels.

I really wish this hotel was on the coast, but that would be wishful thinking. Overall an excellent stay. I don't really have a reason to visit the Oxnard/Ventura area, but if I ever do again I will most definitely stay here.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
washington dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Friendly service, nice room (smaller suites than other suite hotels but certainly sufficient). Food was good if a bit institutional. Very good french toast and fresh, fresh fruit. Easy to use as a base for touring the area. Enjoyed the historic Oxnard district and went to Hollywood Beach for ocean view experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Very nice staff. Clean rooms. LOTS of pillows! Convenient to Route 101.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Rancho Belago, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We needed a large room for our weekend trip to Santa Barbara. This hotel seemed like the practical choice to accommodate my family of 5 along with my parents. Nice, clean large 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite with a fully equipped kitchen. When we arrived our room was not ready so they gave us another suite but with a whirlpool tub. The property is very nice and quite. The breakfast was good too. Here comes the but... To far of a drive back and forth to Santa Barbara for a weekend “in” Santa Barbara. This is my fault for not doing my homework. At the last minute I chose this hotel only because it would accommodate all of us. Next time, I'll just get two rooms in Santa Barbara instead of staying here. If I had something going on in Oxnard or Camarillo, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Not many folks chose to stay in oxnard, but my cousin and i did. it is located close to ojai, ventura and the outlets. this hotel was great. it is not a scenic area but quite central to some good areas. the room was great. clean and large and roomy. nice kitchen area. free internet and parking. the bed and pillows were great. nice exercise room. breakfast was fine. dinner is just cold cuts but you cannot beat the price. staff was very nice. the hotel was very quiet and the business center was very well equiped. we took a quick walk down outlet center drive (not really an outlet but that is the name of the street) and had a great massage at The Massage Place. we did not use the pool but it was a nice pool and jacuzzi and very quiet. i would stay here again. in fact, i would like to go back with some friends for a girls weekend.

the street) and had ad to k aer watry nii tvery clnliets. aty

Room Tip: get a massage at the massage place around the corner from the hotel