“Not a very good experience” 2 of 5 stars

Palace Inn
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1631 South Oxnard Blvd, Oxnard, CA 93030   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Oxnard B&B and Inns
SANTARCANGELO DI ROMAGNA
“Not a very good experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

We booked on internet, the lady gave us the room 108 which is very close to the street (very noisy street) the room had a strong smell of cigarettes, bathroom was old and at a first sight not very clean either, on the sheets of the pillow I found hair long and short... I asked for changing the room and the second room was better than the first surely. It was as big as the first one but I felt it was more clean. The quality of the sleep was average. I paid 50$ plus taxes, the price I think it's slightly high for that kind of standards, personally I wouldn't come back there.

Room Tip: AVOID ROOM 108!! it's very noisy and smelly
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011 via mobile

We stayed for one night while driving the west coast. Was good for a night, allclean apart from hit tub, when we filled it up bits where in water but apart from that room was ok, massive tv and beds, had fridge and microwave which was useful,beast to find if you follow the right turning which took us a few goes

• Stayed September 2011
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

The hotel was fine, great price for a basic room. The bed was large and clean. The only complaint I had was about the tall blonde couple in the room next to me, they were having a great time almost the entire night, and most of the morning. Luckily they only stayed one night and left in the morning looking very pleased with themselves. Overall I would stay there again, although the people at the front desk are a bit strange.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
colorado springs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

This is a good place to stay if you are true to your expectations. You aren't going to find deluxe accomodations here, it's a motel. The room I stayed in was fine. It was fairly small, there were a couple of minor maintenance issues with appliances, but the bed was comfortable, the room was clean, and I got a decent night's sleep. I was pleasantly surprised to find free wireless Internet available in the room. I realize it's almost expected these days, but it was still nice to see at this price point. If you're looking for a cheap, decent place to stay, this is a good choice. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

I have stayed with these people for many days on different trips and have been very satisfied. The rooms are clean, everything works, microwave, refridgerator and coffee pots on request. I have had many restfull nights spent there. This is not a plush hotel, this is not what I required. I needed a place to stay for a family gathering, had relatives stay in adjacent rooms and stayed on my own for other reasons. I have no qualms recommending the Palace Inn. It was very close to where I needed to go and is also close to Port Hueneme bay and beaches and not far from Ventura. It is located in the center of Oxnard and the street may be busy at times. This was not a problem for me at night. The owners (Meena and Costa) have been very helpfull. If you need and inexpensive place to stay, I highly recommend the Palace Inn.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
california
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010

THIS place was alright until my DAUGHTER my BROTHER stopped by before we were going to go out and eat. as i opened the door they came in and by the time i look outside of the door . there was this short indian dude saying" NO VISITORS ALLOWED".. W T H ?? AS if they have the right to say something like that !! nor did i read or signed anything stating that INDIAN DUDE STARTED CURSING AT US SO WE GATHERED ARE THINGS , once i got my money back and left THAT DUDE IS SAYING SEND THE POLICE.... so DON'T STAY THERE FOR ANY REASON!!! WE ended up going to the VAGABOND on oxnard blvd. much better choice believe that for $65.00 go there!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

The Palace Inn has clean, well-equipped rooms which include fridge and microwave - ideal for a medium-term stay or if you want to be able to prepare your own breakfast. There was plenty of parking inside the motel courtyard. The price includes free wifi - I was not able to get signal strength in my room so I was given a cable to use instead: the connection was really fast and reliable.

The only downsides are that the rooms had a faintly musty smell and the water tended to fill in the bath even when it was switched to shower, meaning by the end of the shower I was standing in ankle-deep water. There wasn't any noise from the street in my room but the walls were a little thin - luckily the couple staying next door who obviously liked each other a lot !! only stayed two nights.

Overall, it's excellent value for the area and I'd definitely stay there again if I was going to Venture / Oxnard / Santa Paula (Santa Paula is about 25 minutes away and the Palace Inn is about half the price of hotels in Santa Paula itself).

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Been to Palace Inn? Share your experiences!