“$2 pints?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Feather Falls Casino Brewing Co.

Feather Falls Casino Brewing Co.
3 Alverda Drive, Oroville, CA
Dining options: Late Night
Magalia, CA
“$2 pints?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had a Doppel Bock, 9.5% ABV, 19 IBU, that had been aged on oak. It was different. Not really sure if I liked it or not, but it was drinkable. Lunch was an Ahi sandwich with beer battered fries, and fries, and fires, and more fries. Fries were good. I'm not sure the sandwich was good, because they cut the tuna about an inch thick and put it between two pieces of ciabatta bread with mayo, tomato, onion, and lettuce. The tuna was so thick, it was difficult to get my mouth around everything and the sandwich kind of fell apart. Cutting it thinner would have served to make it more edible and cover more of the bread with tuna. Overall, it was OK, but probably because it was Monday, which is $2 pint day.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
Folsom, California
“Consistently Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have dined at the brewery many times in my stays and I must ay their food is always outstanding. From sushi to fish and chips to pasta and gigantic sandwiches, it ALL great! The beer is darn good too! Don't pass it up!

Visited October 2013
Oroville, California
“Good food, good entertainment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Something you wouldn't expect in Oroville - fresh tasty sushi. Honestly, as a
San Francisco transplant, that's the last thing I would have expected at a casino. It's really good. The entertainment acts which are brought in are excellent. The atmosphere is heavily smoke filled, otherwise I would go more often.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Basel, Switzerland
“Good food - incompetent waitress”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Typically American, lots of TVs and noisy. The food was good, garlic fries were really good. Beer was good - what I expect in a Brewing Co. Waitress had not a clue what kind of products they offer. She was not able to make recommendations about the different dishes. At the end the chef came to help us with our questions. When ordering the wine, she was not able to open the bottle, her comment: it's the first time somebody asked for a bottle and not wine by the glass - training? At least she was very friendly

Visited September 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Horrible service, extremely rude manager”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed at the hotel, gambled in the casino, and ate at this restaurant twice. The second night's poor experience was unforgivable. We were told that wait would be 20 minutes for seating in the dining room. The bar was completely full because of a live blues concert. That should have been a red flag from the beginning. We ended up waiting for an hour to be seated for a party of 8. Probably a ploy to get us to gamble more in the casino (I had already lost enough money there, so no thanks). The dining room was only about 1/2 - 3/4 full, so the hour wait was suspect.

Ordered sushi rolls as appetizers. The rolls took 25 minutes to reach our table. Dinner was a disaster. Our meals too over one hour to reach our table. In fact, I had to go to the front desk to ask where our waiter went, and why it was taking so long to get our meals. Hostess couldn't have cared less, and just then the waiter started carting out our food. Two people ordered medium rare steaks, but they came out well done (absolutely no pink at all). Waiter apologized and said he would get new steaks out asap. I said we could not wait another hour for replacement steaks, but he said they would rush them out. You know what's coming next, right?

20 minutes later, no waiter, no replacement food. I go back up front and ask to speak to a manager. Hostess points at a guy in a blue shirt who is laughing it up with another employee. He comes over and introduces himself as Nathan. Well, this guy is absolutely full of himself (like he some big time important restaurant manager). I tell him we have waited long enough, complained about the steaks, and said we needed to locate our waiter so we could get the check and get out of there.

Nathan tells me I need to calm down "right now." He says, "You will get your check as soon as we can get to it." Hey, Nathan, way to treat a paying customer of your hotel, casino, bars, and restaurants, who is having an extremely bad experience in your restaurant. I demanded that I speak to his superior. He said, "You want to speak to a shift manager? I will call one over."

Meantime, the waiter brings my replacement steak in a to go package in a plastic bag. The "shift manager" (who was a pit boss at the card tables) shows up with a security person (ear piece and walkie talkie) in tow. He was very pleasant and apologetic. Said there was no excuse for the poor service, but that they had a full house with the concert and were having trouble keeping up with demand. He said he was surprised by Nathan's behavior, although that was probably cover-up for a fellow employee.

The pit boss said that one steak had been comped to us. Gee, thanks a lot. That hardly makes up for a nearly 3 hour ordeal in your restaurant. Pit boss walked away and security person stood by "incognito" (with ear piece and walkie talkie) until we left. Good old Nathan was smirking as we walked out of the place.

Well, guess what, Nathan? Your behavior cost your casino, hotel, bars, and restaurants from ever having our party of 8 people as well as families, friends, and co-workers from ever visiting Feather Falls casino again. How many others are thinking the same thing because of Nathan and his restaurant staff? It is amazing that one employee can do so much damage.

Visited May 2013
markgrover, Manager at Feather Falls Casino Brewing Co., responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We strive to offer the highest level of service to to all of our guests, we deeply regret that we did not perform up to that standard. All of our guests are very important to us and we will continue to always try to do better.