“Never again” 1 of 5 stars

Redwood Highway, U.S. 101, Orick, CA
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 5 restaurants in Orick
Cuisines: American
Description: This is attacked to a motel, on the main highway in Orick. Phone number is (707) 488-3381.
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Asked to have the bacon cooked more. The waitress actually picked it with her hands and took it to be recooked. Never again!

Visited June 2012

45% Recommend
Albany, New York
“Is there any other choice?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Found ourselves stuck in Orick at dinnertime. Well, across the street "La Hacienda" was closed (permanently?) and next door "Hawg Wild" has long since been defunct. This was literally the only game in town. It was OK. The staff was nice enough, service was pretty slow. The food was adequate, not bad but not spectacular. Bathrooms looked like they hadn't been maintained since 1940. If I ever got stuck in Orick again, sure, I'd go again. But seriously, what choice would I have anyway?

Visited August 2012
Logan
“Really good home cooled meal.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I were passing through Orick and were very hungry so we gave the Palm a try.
It's an old style country restaurant that specializes in COUNTRY COOKING and home made pie.
My wife had the chicken fried steak and I had the hamburger steak.
Both meals were excellent and guaranteed high in fat. We then ordered blueberry pie alamode.
The pie was fantastic. Just like grandma used to make.
We really enjoyed the meal, the atmosphere and the staff. It was like stepping back in time.
Our meals were very rich and probably high in fat and calories, but worth any consequences.
The meal, soft drinks and 1 piece of pie cost about $30 + tax.
It was worth it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wilton, California
“Always the same, cool!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This place has been here forever, it's sparce of furniture, plain of talk and provide very good food. It was getting late afternoon as we drove up 101 toward Crescent City. Conveniently located on the highway we stopped. Our meal with drinks and dessert with tax was $21.54, but it was our big meal of the day. Worthy home cooked food and small town service. Hard to find a competitor, it was a weekday and no other establishments were open.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Good but expensive pie”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

A guy at the Park Visitor Center recommended that we get pie when we drove down here. I read the reviews here so I tried but it's hard to be prepared for this place. OK, the pie is great. We got a whole blackberry pie and the crust is something I'll remember for awhile. I'll also remember the price tag! $19.81 for a pie? We got there late in the day and though they still had a half dozen tables, they were hesitant to wait on us. We knew they were happy to see us pull up because the waiter saw us pulling up so he stood in the window shaking his head.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere