“Think Twice - Horrible Experience” 1 of 5 stars

Family Fun Package
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Orange
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mission Viejo, California
“Think Twice - Horrible Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My company booked a room here for a very important client. It was an awful experience from the standpoint of customer service. All these people want is your money. Don't believe for a moment the Doubletree brand and image comes before their greed. Bottom line is, they just don't care about your experience in the event things are unsatisfactory.

I received a phone call, while sitting with my client at 8:30pm in a restaurant, after he checked in to the hotel around 5pm. The clerk told me the company credit card we had previously give to them was declined. They waited over 3 hours to call, instead of handling it at the time of check in. I offered an alternative card by phone, but that was not acceptable. They wanted me to fax my ID. Not easy from a table in a restaurant with a client by your side. We agreed that the next morning, at 8am, they would call me in the office and we would get it handled. Seemed like a good solution.

But.....instead, my client found himself locked out of his room when he returned from dinner. And, instead of calling the next morning at 8am, they called at noon, still demanding payment. From the beginning, not one of the people did what they said they would do. Our company has been in business for nearly 20 years, just a few miles up the road from this hotel. We tried to do the right thing, but they made it impossible.

The story is much longer, and with many more details about how the clerical staff and executive management of this hotel DO NOT CARE. Keep in mind, this hotel is a franchisee of the Doubletree Hotel Corp (ie, they are independently owned). They are a poor representation of what the brand is all about. We will never use the hotel again. Read the people's reviews who rate this hotel as TERRIBLE like I have. Those tell the true story. As a guest, YOU DO NOT MATTER.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This hotel is a frequent business stop while working in Orange County. Close to freeways, office parks, and restaurants there is plenty of parking or taxi service to meet your needs. The lobby bar serves food late, 24 hour room service is great when flights make for late arrivals and the restaurant has a nice selection on their menu. Club is basic; a nice get away from the busy lobby for a business discussion, drink or down time. Consistently clean with helpful, happy staff.

• Stayed January 2013
DoubleTreeOrange, Sales Assistant at Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are happy you found the hotel to be clean with helpful and happy staff. Please think of us again in the future.
Folkestone, Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights for a short trip to Anaheim. The check-in was smooth and welcoming with the free warm cookie for each guest, which is always nice! Bell services were very helpful, although a tiny bit pushy as we checked out, kind of grabbing one of our suitcases from my husband!

The room was fairly large, well maintained and clean. The bed was comfy and the bedding was good. The aircon was good, quiet and efficient.

The only thing I didn't like was that the bathroom was oddly short of surface area for putting toothbrushes and stuff. We were in a wheelchair accessible room (I am on crutches and was grateful to the check in staff for this allocation) and clearly adaptations had been made for this.

The sink had no space either side of the taps, and the one shelf near the sink was very thin and small, and mostly taken up with the soap and hotel toiletries (which we moved) but there was plenty of room for a bigger shelf or another shelf unit next to the sink that would not have affected the bathroom's access at all. I ended up having to keep my toothbrush etc in my washbag either on the towel rail or stacked on top of the tissue box. It wasn't a huge problem, just an annoying design decision since we were there for 4 nights.

However, the staff were all very warm and helpful. The pool area was nice, and considering it is next to a really busy road, pretty quiet. We liked the location and ate out at nearby Garden Grove several times (PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory, Roy's Hawaiian Fusion, McCormick & Schmick's and Bubba Gump Shrimp Co - all 5 mins drive from hotel). We also ate at the on-site restaurant for a late lunch the day we checked in. It was tasty and service was excellent.

I would definitely stay here again, but I can't say I would rush to choose it over any other hotel. It just felt a bit characterless somehow. The room was decorated in beige and neutral colours and that is somewhat the impression it left on me. It was good, and I am an absolutely satisfied customer, but I didn't fall in love with this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We hope your choose us again in the future.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Ok, I am writing about this hotel again because everytime I stay here ( which has been several years now) I love it. It may not be a 5 star hotel, but I feel great when I am here. Let me tell you why! The service and staff are great! ( I have to say thanks to Laura Ramos! You are awesome! )The rooms are not huge but comfortable and I sleep great there. And they have been remodeling so that's nice. The breakfast is great. If you are a hilton gold or diamond member, continental is free and you may upgrade to full breakfast for $7.00. You get a free shuttle to Disneyland, which is not available at alot of hotels near there. Alot of them you have to wait for the city bus which stops along the way to pick up people at other hotels. It has a great gift shop, a Starbucks and a mall within walking distance, free cookies and the price is cheaper than hotels that are right by Disneyland. This is a gem of a hotel and only 1 mile from Disneyland. I would rather stay here anytime I am going to Anaheim. I am a Hilton Diamond member and I have stayed at alot of hotels around there and this still is my favorite in that area! Keep up the good work !!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel!
Madison, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed for two nights last week. I used my Hilton points for a last-minute Disneyland trip. The lobby was nice and modern, we were checked-in quickly and the room wa clean and modern. I am a Gold member, so we got free continental breakfast in the restaurant. The first day we upgraded ($6) to the full breakfast buffet which included made to order omlettes. Very good. The second day we just got the free breakfast--assorted yogurts, pastries, steel cut oats, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, toast.

Two things would have made the stay better. The first would be better shuttle times. We would have liked to take the shuttle to save on Disney parking, but the last shuttle ended before either of the nighttime shows at the parks even started. The second would be better mattresses. I stay at hotels all the time and these mattresses seemed old.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your breakfast and stay. Regarding the shuttle times- we usually have the last shuttle coming back from Disney, after the final show, at midnight, arriving back to the hotel at 12:15am (unless the park closes earlier). We are sorry that the shuttle service was not available that evening at the usual time. We are sorry that you did not find our mattresses up to standard. We hope you visit us next time you are in the Anaheim-Orange County area. Again, thank you for your review!
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel certainly is not luxury, but it is clean and the service staff are friendly. The location is great for Disneyland. Breakfast restaurant is very good. Overall a pleasant stay. I would return and recommend it.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! We are glad you had a pleasant stay and look forward to seeing you in the future!
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed and hosted an event of 70 at this location. It is centrally located and you have access easy to the I-5, HWY-22, and Hwy-57! Staff and property is professional and first class. THe rooms were comfortable and clean as I have stayed here multiple times and will continue to do so.

Room Tip: rooms facing east can see angels stadium, rooms facing North can see the fireworks at Disneyland in...