“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2008

Our family of 6 stayed here between 10 and 13 December, 2007, mostly just as a base to visit Disneyland.

Wonderful experience, with the hotel staff happy to give the kids cookies every day (when we stayed at DB in NYC a week later they were very strict about only giving them at check in, and charging thereafter !), the rooms being clean and spacious and free use of the internet in the business centre.

Happy, friendly staff; big, clean well appointed rooms; this was a great base to visit Disneyland from. The restaurant at the Sheraton a couple of blocks away was also a great place for dinner.

• Liked — cleanliness and quality appointments, and cheerful, helpful staff
  • Disliked — nothing comes to mind
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Korean first
Aberdeen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2007

A good, clean hotel, conference centre, rooms, restaurant etc. which is out of the way as far as other eateries and shops are concerned (I had no car). The only down-side, which is not uncommon, is that my request for a quiet room was ignored to the point of putting me on the nosiest side of the hotel (big intersection + an interstate). I thought the food was good but rather expensive

• Liked — Clean room, good food and conference facilities
  • Disliked — The requested quiet room was noisy (opposite three roads + hospital)
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Jose, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2007

Its a fine hotel for Disneyland visitors. Its not very close but the Hotel does have shuttles to and from the park. Hotel was nice, clean and well maintained. The room was a nice size. Even though our room window faced Hwy 5, it was nice an quiet inside. Beds were comfortable. The room did have a funny orange scented cleaner smell every time we stepped inside but you stop noticing it after a couple of minutes. The staff at the front desk were very nice and professional. Same goes for the security people at the front door. The warm fresh baked cookie we received at check-in was a nice touch. Hotel is located right next to a big mall called “The Block” which was handy. This 3-star hotel overall is a step above the typical 2-star hotels that are near Disneyland but one thing I miss about those cheaper hotels is the free breakfast. When you stay at the Doubletree, there's no free breakfast. My biggest complaint is the charge for parking your car. A whopping $10 per day. Its not like this hotel is located in a dense downtown location where parking is sparse. Its several blocks from Disneyland so that can't be the reason. And... just a block away is a huge FREE parking lot for the mall so why does this hotel need to charge so much to park your car in an open lot... its not even a garage! The parking fee is crazy.

• Liked — Clean, well maintained lobby and rooms.
  • Disliked — Having to pay $10/day to park my car for no reason.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2007

After reading other reviews about this hotel, my family and I chose to stay there for two nights. We booked a room at Concierge level where we were promised a room on the 20th floor + free continental breakfast.

Sure, we did get the 20th floor room. The breakfast though, no way. We consisted of 4 people, 2 adults and 2 children. Although, we only received 2 coupons for the breakfast buffet. DoubleTree insisted that it was their policy not to give out more than two buffet coupons every day to each guest party. We found it to be rather rude, so we decided to eat breakfast somewhere else the second day. The breakfast the first day wasn't anything special anyway. They hide the orange juice because so many people drink it, so you have to ask a waiter if you want it.

Also, another annoying issue, you have to -pay- for internet access? I mean, when you pay 150$+ a night, you would expect them to give you free internet access too. I've been staying at 6 different hotels the last month, and ALL of them, i repeat, ALL of them have offered free internet access. As I write this i'm sitting on the bed at the holiday inn, paying 90$ for the room, and i'm getting free breakfast and free internet.

• Liked — Room service, Very Clean
  • Disliked — 10$ internet access, Breakfast issues
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2007

We went to a Halloween party down in Irvine and decided to use our Hilton Honors points for a free one-night stay. Since it only cost us a total of $10 for parking, it's hard to complain but nothing really stood out other than the location.

It's right off the 5 freeway and very easy to find, right next to the Block at Orange, close to Anaheim Stadium (or whatever it's called now), the Honda Center, and Disneyland. The main reason we picked the hotel was the location and it couldn't be better.

We stayed on the 7th floor and the room was nice. Had a king bed and a somewhat plain feel but since we didn't even check in until after midnight we didn't need too much. The bed was comfortbable. The pillows were very soft which I liked but my wife would have preferred a harder pillow. Didn't get a chance to really check out any of the facilities. We did have a good view of the Chrystal Cathedral from our window. Room was clean other than a visible layer of dust on an overhead ledge in the bathroom.

It's a good hotel in a great location and we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2007

This was a letter that I just sent to the Doubletree: Please note that while I enjoyed my stay this past weekend, check-in was one of the most atrocious experiences of my life. The person hardly acknowledged my existence. I was not greeted and nor was I ever asked if I could be helped. I literally walked up, waited and then finally had to say "I am here to check in". I was the only person at check in and the hotel was not busy at this time and there were 2 front desk staff at the counter and 1 manager. At this point all I was asked was for my last name and to sign the reservation acknowledgment form. Never was I told to have a nice stay, asked if I needed anything, etc. I feel like I was treated as less than a second class citizen. I am very disappointed in the front staff's attitude and lack of manners especially in a hotel that is rated #1 in the City of Orange and that is listed as a three star hotel. While I positive that I will return to this hotel, it seems that training in manners and courtesy is needed.
________________
Now that said, our room was beautiful, the beds were comfy and even though we booked on Priceline, they were able to accommodate my request for 2 double beds. The rooms were nice and large and never did we feel cramped at any time. It does seem that all the rooms have been converted to non-smoking rooms at one point. The valets are wonderful and very helpful from quickly getting your car to help with directions. If you can get past the rude check in staff, I would say check out this hotel.

• Liked — The bed
  • Disliked — Check-in
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2007

We stayed at the Doubletree for two nights on a trip to Disneyland. Out party consisted of my wife, our 1.5 y/o and me. I booked through the Hilton Honors website and this was a reward stay for us.

Outside Appearance/Location:
The outside of the Doubletree was spotless. There is bell service at the loading/front door area if needed and parking is in an open lot right out front which is very convenient to get to (Parking is $10/night just like every other Doubletree. Room rates seem to be slightly lower compared to other Hilton brands due to this).
Sitting right next to 1-5, the hotel is two exits south of the Disneyland Resort. There is a shopping center with fast food options right across the street. Both the Crystal Cathedral and Angel Stadium are in viewing distance.

Lobby/Inside Appearance:
The lobby is formal looking and is consistent with other Doubletrees. There is a restaurant and lounge on the first floor. Check in was quick, the staff was friendly, and we were given our fresh baked Doubletree cookies like always.

The Room:
Our room had two double beds as expected on our reservation. The room had all the normal amenities such as a coffee maker, hair dryer, iron, TV, and even a fridge and microwave. The room was clean and well kept. Water pressure was good and the hot water was consistent. Really there was nothing to complain about here, everything about the room was great.

Amenities/Service:
We didn’t have the chance to visit the pool. I believe there was a workout room and a business center at the hotel. Internet access is also available in room.
Service was great including the room keeper who let us in our room after we had walked out and forgot our keys. Everyone was really friendly. I used the express check out where you leave your keys in your room and leave a voicemail at the front desk telling them when you’ll be leaving. An invoice of accrued charges is slipped under your door on the last day.

Overall the Doubletree Anaheim/Orange County was a really good hotel. We have stayed at a Doubletree three times at three different locations now in Anaheim and have yet to have a bad experience. I have zero complaints and would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quality place to stay in the Anaheim area.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County? Share your experiences!