“Nice, Clean, and Updated Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   720 The City Drive South, Orange, CA 92868-4927   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Orange
West Kelowna, Canada
“Nice, Clean, and Updated Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I'm a bit late with my review, but wanted to make sure I put one up on this property.We were here on a family trip to go to Disneyland and take in other activities for 11 nights. We wanted to stay somewhere that was reasonably close to Disneyland and in a nice area. After reviewing reviews online and pricing out different hotels, we felt this was the one. Well, we were very happy with our choice. The rooms were clean, quiet, and updated. We liked that there was a small kitchentte area with a mini fridge, microwave, and a sink. The king bed and pillows were very comfortable. The in-room safe fits a laptop and a bit more. Free Wi-Fi. The pool and hot tub were good. We were there in March so we found it a bit chilly on most days to go in the pool but the hot tub was great, especially after a long day at Disney.The included continental breakfast is very good and served in a breakfast room each day. There is the Anaheim Resort Transit Shuttle that will pick up in front of the hotel ongoing through out the day and into the night to take you to Disneyland and pickup from Disney to take you back for a small daily fee. It's nice to have free parking for guests as many hotels will charge extra. The Block at Orange mall is just down the road with many stores. The highway is just around the corner for easy access to many other places tourists like to go. When we return one day we will defintely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: We were on the main level facing south, the outside of the hotel, and were very happy there.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Irvine, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed over at the hotel on a Friday-Saturday night. I was staying for relaxation. I expected the hotel to be a decent hotel. I suppose I needed to define "decent" in my own mind.

All of the rooms are along outside hallways, with only the first of the three floors being "closed in" with key activated doors. The upper two floors have outdoor hallways. It gives the entire hotel a very motel feel.

I stayed in a two queen suite. There were two rooms, a living room/dining room combo. The living room had a sofa, a matching chair, a small dining table, a TV, a microwave, a sink, a coffee maker and a small fridge. It was a spacious area, perhaps 10x14. The bedroom had two very comfortable queen sized beds with soft linens, a TV mounted in the corner, double doors that closed the bedroom from the living area. There was a closet with a safe, a vanity, and also the bathroom that had a tub/shower combo. The hotel is trying to be green, so the soap/lotion/shampoo is dispensed through wall dispensers. I noted there were two bars of wrapped facial soap left in the dish. No shower caps.

There were glasses for the water, real ones, not disposable, and real mugs for the coffee. This worries me when I see them in rooms, I refuse to use them. I never know how well the housekeeping staff cleaned them or if they cleaned them. The room was clean, amble towels.

I did hear noise from the people above me the second night, a lot of noise, but am not sure if they were simply noisy folks or if this is the norm. The room was not the flaw, it was the rest of the hotel that detracted from my stay. The outer corridors are dated.

If you need to do laundry, good luck! There are two laundry "rooms". Basically they are alcoves, with one washer and one dryer in each. At the time of this writing, it was $2.00 per wash, $2.00 per dry, and $2.00 for soap. Bleach and fabric softener are not offered in the dispenser. Expensive to wash and with only one of each machine, there was a line. I was lucky to only need to wash one load. The laundry room was dingy and run down. I was very uncomfortable staying there waiting for my laundry to finish. I gathered my clothes and folded them back in my room, not trusting the cleanliness of anything.

The laundry room also contained a small microwave plus a vending machine with assorted items. Be warned, the Snickers bar I got from there had obviously suffered from the summer heat or was old, it had a grayish hue to it. I am not sure about the other contents. The soda machine was clear down the hall from this, as was the ice machine.

The gym was dark when I peeked in, but was a very basic gym. The pool is small but was clean, as was the jacuzzi. The breakfast buffet was amble, but oddly, they offered small styrofoam cups for coffee and paper plates/bowls. It was a strange contrast to the room's ceramic and glass. Wifi was fast, no complaints there.

Front desk staff and housekeeping staff were fabulous. Very polite, helpful, no complaints there. If the room had been in a better all over hotel, I would have felt better about my stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the outside corridor to prevent noise from the pool bothering you.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We will return to this Best Western! The staff was very helpful and the suites were awesome! Imagine traveling with kids and having a bedroom with a door that shuts when they are asleep, a living room and adjoining kitchen. It was a great find!

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the hotel and the room was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have been reading some very different reviews We stayed at this hotel from Monday-Friday in late October. We had the top floor on he back side i believe #314. the bed was sooo comfortable!!! The room was clean, bathroom and shower area also. However the shower curtain, it was a cloth material so it would get wet while you were showering. We could hear the air conditioner units making noises, and some plumbing noises as well, but not enough to drive you crazy, with the T.V you dont hear much. We had a good variety of places to eat at, the mall was very close if we needed to kill time, or buy a few things. We had a 5 min drive to Disneyland. We only used our hotel room to shower and sleep. For the price i paid for 5 days was worth every penny. The staff was helpful, very friendly. Made me feel welcomed. Altogether i personally had a great experience here.

Room Tip: If you are on the top floor you will hear some noise, so turn the tv up some. Stay away from the ele...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed at the Best Western Meridian Inn for a family trip to Disneyland. We chose this hotel because it had a pool for the kids, a free breakfast, and a shuttle to Disneyland, all of which were disappointing. The two-room suites were satisfactory, but everything about the breakfast was sub-par. The shuttle to Disneyland was a city bus that only ran once an hour, so it was not convenient to come and go during the day The biggest disappointment was the pool. It was too cold for warm-blooded creatures, and the hot tub was too hot for anything but a lobster. The equipment in the fitness room was in need of repair. On the positive side, the staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful, and the price was was good. On the whole, though, I think we'll stay closer to the park on our next trip to Disneyland.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Viareggio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I arrived today at the hotel and I found out that I had a double reservation (5 rooms for 4 nights)
The staff was very friendly and they helped me to delete the surplus one.
The room is big and very comfortable. The nearby freeway make the movements very easy and it's far enough for not hearing the noise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Avondale, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The room itself has a nice layout and was very clean. The hotel is also a nice distance from Disneyland, parking isn't an issue, and there is a nice courtyard area to relax in. They do have a free breakfast but unless you're a big fan of either cereal or toast, it leaves a lot to be desired as the eggs are very runny, the sausage is sitting in water and neither of the serving dishes were covered which concerned me from a sanitation perspective. The hotel staff is not helpful and even answered a phone call while we were in the middle of a conversation. Stay for the room, not the food or the service and you're fine.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange? Share your experiences!