“Ordinary front of house staff!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Anaheim - Orange

You added Embassy Suites Anaheim - Orange to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Anaheim - Orange
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 N. State College Blvd, Orange, CA 92868 (Formerly Hilton Suites Anaheim / Orange)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Holiday Dinner Offer
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Orange
Suva
“Ordinary front of house staff!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

As a Diamond Hilton Honours member I was very disappointed to encounter the most inept and incompetent front of house staff that I have experienced in many years. Arriving at 1800, on 15 December 2014, with four children and a heap of luggage, I received no assistance with check-in and basic questions couldn't be answered. For example, staff had no idea what time the shuttle for Disneyland arrived in the morning and had no interest in providing any information or assistance.

My profile / recorded preference is for a high room away from an elevator... we were allocated a mid level / lower room diagonally opposite an elevator despite the hotel being nowhere near full occupancy. I am sure that they could have got us in the elevator if they really tried!

A pre-authorization was debited against my credit card to cover accomodation and incidentals, no great drama with that, but then a further two pre-authorizations were debited against my credit card for no apparent reason in the proceeding 24 hours resulting in my bank placing a hold on my credit card for suspicious repeat transactions. Let me guess... the hotel has to ensure security over every transaction made in the restaurant, or at the bar, despite my full details being held on file and despite me staying at these hotels on average for couple of months each year.

Due to the hold being placed on my credit card, I paid for Disneyland tickets at reception on a separate pre-paid credit card that was preloaded with USD only to find that an incompetent staff member also used the second credit card for a preauthorisation despite having no authority to do so and no apparent reason or need for doing so. This resulted in me being unable to use the first credit card or from making cash withdrawals from the second pre-paid credit card. Consequently, I was caught out without any credit or cash for a day until this was rectified by my bank. To the credit of one staff member working in the hotel's account section, she did her best to rectify.

You guessed it, the Hotel Manager was far too busy to make himself available to discuss the matter... couldn't be bothered - was in a conference call all day from memory. Let me guess again... despite having my email address, US mobile number and room details he just could not get hold of me to discuss. I am surprised they didn't do a national name check on me and double check the repeat pre-authrosiations...

To balance this very bad experience, I must say that the room standard was very good, the staff in the restaurant and in the bar were outstanding and the breakfast was excellent. Sadly, the experience that I had with the front of house staff left me with a very tainted view of this hotel and I think it's pathetic that a manager could not even make himself available to discuss, even for a minute... hence my post! The value of being a diamond member at this hotel is negligible at best!

Room Tip: Don't expect the hotel to place any emphasis on your Hilton Honours profile or preferences.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Irvine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The room turned out to be so much nicer than I anticipated! Our room was spacious and we were able to have friends come over to preparty and hang out after. Room wasn't too pricey and it felt like a mini suite. Love it and will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is above average by Embassy Suites standards, and that is a pretty good standard. Downside is that you have to pay to self park and wifi was extra. The rooms are the standard big ES rooms, but this hotel is very new (or has been refurbished) and the furniture, carpet, etc in the rooms looks to be no more than a year old. It is very fresh looking. Breakfast was great as always. There is an indoor small pool, and a huge outdoor pool (2x to 3x the size of an average hotel pool) and a big hot tub. This is right down the street from a huge mall with a lot of good places to eat. Many rooms will have a view of the freeway but you don't hear the noise, it is far enough away. This is also 5 minutes from Angels stadium.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Bonsall, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The Hotel was great didn't have help with bags but once I checked in the hotel was great, there should be no parking charge for guest. The food was great . The rooms were big, nice and clean. I enjoyed the room service.

Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We stayed here for two nights. The first night the fire alarm went off at approximately 11:45pm, 5:15am AND 6:30am. I called down after the second false alarm to which they replied wouldn't happen again, but it DID!! We had planned for a restful weekend yet spent half the night up waiting for another alarm. Just HORRIBLE!! We have always stayed at Embassy, not sure that will continue. Very disappointed overall!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Buford, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Clean property, for the most part the staff is very professional and accommodating. Please make sure you read all of the fine print. I'm middle of the road and thinking I maybe should have stayed at the Doubletree right down the street.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

kristi N, Manager at Embassy Suites Anaheim - Orange, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for your compliments regarding the cleanliness and how professional and accommodating our associates are. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. We hope you will consider us again for a more enjoyable stay.
Carmichael, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The suite was very spacious and comfortable. The bathroom area, too, was roomy, well lit, and contemporary. The windows actually opened -- it's a real treat to be able to get fresh air into a hotel room. However, there was not an available Ethernet cable jack & the hotel's WiFi (extra charge) did not allow for streaming or access to weather. Additionally, the desk/table was quite high & didn't have a keyboard tray so I had to type with the keyboard on my lap. Get to the small fitness room early because it fills up fast -- and it gets hot, stuffy, and "ripe" when several people are working out. Staff is very pleasant, and the location is very convenient. Overall, a positive experience.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Been to Embassy Suites Anaheim - Orange? Share your experiences!