“The staff won me over” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Anaheim - Orange

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Anaheim - Orange to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Anaheim - Orange
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 N. State College Blvd, Orange, CA 92868 (Formerly Hilton Suites Anaheim / Orange)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
2X Points Package
Ranked #5 of 14 hotels in Orange
Fulshear, Texas
“The staff won me over”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

At first I was not thrilled with this property. They put me in a room directly across from the elevator and the room itself was a little dated. But after a three day stay the staff won me over.

The room is dated but it is roomy. It was also spotless. The bed was very comfortable. There is a shower and a tub. They are separate which is nice since I had my young son with me. There are two large flat screen televisions which is also nice when traveling with family. The rooms are a true suite with separate living area and sleeping area and a real plus a second door to the bathroom from the living area so late sleepers won't be disturbed. The room has a fridge and microwave along with coffee maker. I would prefer a few more outlets for charging, but that's a minor complaint.

The restaurant is very good. Breakfast buffet is better than the standard. We ate dinner three nights and each night the food was very good and the price was good. The staff in the restaurant is OUTSTANDING. Very accommodating, very friendly. The front desk and gift shop staff where also great

There is a shuttle to Disneyland that runs every half hour ( not hotel but a municipal co op) which is very good. The drivers are great and the trip is short. The shuttle was always clean and on time. The charge is five dollars for adults and two for kids. Well worth it. It is good for the entire day so you can leave and come back.

All in all I would and most likely will return. I hope the management treats the staff well, or they will be poached.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

398 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Northam, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Really nice hotel. Being at Brit I am not used to staying in a hotel and having such large rooms. I even had a treadmill in my suite (not sure why). I tried it once and then went to the bar. The suite was clean although the rooms could do with an up-date. If you looked closely enough there were areas that were stsrting to look a bit tired. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. Breakfast buffet was great. It had everything to set you up for the day. The gym was ok and open pretty much 24 hours a day. I ate out every night rather than in the hotel. Disneyland is about 10-15 minutes away on the ART shuttle buses that come to the hotel every 30 minutes picking up and dropping off. This service is excellent and only cost 5$ per day. I went to Downtown Disney pretty much every night. The staff were all really good bar one that was a bit unhelpful on my very first night, but that was a minor issue really. Overall a really good stay and If I ever had a chance to return to Anaheim with my family to do the Disney thing I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night. We are a group of three people so we booked a corner room for extra space. We got a room on the 9th floor facing the highway and Disneyland (as requested), the highway noise not bother us at all. The room was really big and nice. One of us slept on the sofa bed because none of us wanted to share a bed. She did not regret her choice. The AC/heater unit was quiet. The bathroom was big with both shower stall and bathtub. It was accessible from the living room as well as the bedroom. There were two doors.

The staff was all very friendly. We called from our room to request more blankets. It only took us about 5 minutes to get them. Very good service!! After that, someone even called us to make sure the blankets have been delivered.

We did not use the ART because we did visit Disneyland this time. We drove to Downtown Disney instead. Only bout 3 miles away. Very convenient.

The parking was pricey for $11 per night. Hate that!

Room Tip: Get a corner room on high floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

The place itself is overpriced, the hotel is 3 miles away from DISNEYLAND. Rooms are clean, service is slow. Rooms are not spacious and moreover restaurant food is horrible. If you can find another hotel for same price. Its much better option to go with.

• Stayed October 2012
kristi N, Manager at Embassy Suites Anaheim - Orange, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for completing the review, and choosing the Hilton Suites Anaheim Orange for your recent visit. Your feedback is very important to us, and we will utilize this as a guide for future improvement. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I spent weeks looking for a Disneyland area hotel that would make it easiest for me to travel to and from Disney with my disabled sister, so this review will be especially helpful for those that are disabled.
Pros:
*Every room ( as far as I know) is a suite, ie. the bedroom is seperate from the living area, which is great for families with kids or in our case my sister who needs to go to bed early.
*Fridge,microwave in room. Also, shower and bath are seperated. Easy for my sister to step right into the shower.
*Full buffet style breakfast each morning. I'm not sure what the cost of this is because ours was included with our vacation package. Breakfast runs until 10am, which is great for later sleepers.
*Shuttle service right in front of the lobby which runs twice an hour ( more on this later)
*Extremely friendly and helpful staff. 100 times more friendly than Disney staff!!!
Cons:
*Housekeeping could be a little better
*Rooms are in need of some basic maintenance, this wont detract from your stay, but definitely one of the reasons this wont be a 5 star hotel.
* I could hear one of neighbors children above us running back and forth and crying. Luckily it was short lived but just be aware of this. Also slammed doors are very loud ( Dont slam your doors, people!)
*Hotel is right against I-5 with only the parking lot seperating it. If the flow of freeway traffic bothers you, either dont choose this hotel or ask for a room on the opposite side. It didnt bother me at all, but worth noting
***
The ART shutte is a nightmare. Constantly late, and very very rude drivers. Remember they dont work for the hotel or for Disney so they literally dont care about service. If there was a wheelchair lift or ramp, it was not offered to us. Make sure you have purchased your passes in advance and that they are the correct ones. They will NOT wait for you to do so. After the Hilton, there is one more pick up at Ayres hotel and then straight to Disney. Our map showed it to be slighty over 2 miles but it took a LONG time to get there, including getting on the freeway, and going past schools,a cemetery, and residential areas. It felt like a lifetime, especially at the end of the day.

Overall I would recommend this hotel, if you dont mind the distance from Disney. It is a convention/business type hotel so there are less children and more business type people here.(More quiet!!) It is far from Disney but you can get a room facing Disney and you can see the Matterhorn and Tower of terror in the distance, and the fireworks.

As a side note ,for the first time ever in my 30 years of going to Disney, I was disgusted by Disney staff. For disabled guests, please be prepared to be treated like 2nd class citizens.

Room Tip: Corner suites larger and quiter. Ask for room facing Disney.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
West Long Branch, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had to spend a week here for work. My room was spacious and comfortable. They hotel staff were the very friendly. Although it does not take much to do it, they make a concerted effort to say Good morning when you are in the lobby before heading out to work and they welcome you back in the evening when you return. May sound silly but it really does make for a nice way to walk into the hotel. It is very close to the Angles stadium and they have a $5 all day shuttle to take you to and from Disney so you save on the $15 car parking fee plus you can enjoy a glass of wine wit diner since you do not have to drive back to the hotel. Will look for this hotel in the future if I have to head back to Anaheim.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed at this place while visitng Disneyland with the family - the rooms were large with extra space for children in a seperate room from the bedroom. Breakfast was a buffet with plenty of choices. There was a shuttle to go to Disneyland.

Room Tip: Upper floors were quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Anaheim - Orange? Share your experiences!