“Fun place but disappointed they don't carry many souvenirs any more” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Watson Drug Store and Soda Fountain

Improve this listing
Ranked #122 of 430 Restaurants in Orange
Cuisines: American
Saint Albans, Vermont
“Fun place but disappointed they don't carry many souvenirs any more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I met a friend for lunch today and we sat outside. The server was speedy and attentive and checked back often. Food came out quickly, especially since they were quite busy. I had heard that they had a huge selection of souvenirs and interesting stuff to purchase but was disappointed that they have apparently closed the drug store portion and severely limited their sales items even though they have an annex. All in all, the food was great and they were willing to add things to the sandwich (like tomatos and avocado) that made it even better. I would highly recommend.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Anaheim, California
“I've eaten here since my childhood and it is still wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Sunday after church we ate breakfast outside in front of Watson's. The food was delicious, the service was excellent and it was so much fun to remember when my mother used to pick me up from grade school and we would share a hamburger and chocolate malt during my lunch hour. The quality is still wonderful. They have added a mouth watering pastry counter with fabulous eclairs, cupcakes, cakes and other tasty treats that we purchased to bring home for a later treat. Our food was cooked to our specifications and when I spilled some syrup for my nice warm waffel the watress immediately brought fresh napkins and a large pitcher of syrup. Their malts and shaked are still so thick you need to eat them with a spoon. I can't wait to return for another meal and more wonderful memories.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
orange
“old time good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

It's fun, it's yummy, its someplace different. Just good diner food with friendly service and the portion is huge if you order a salad. Beats the heck out of IHOP!!! Leave time to browse all the cool stuff and don't forget the bakery items at the check out... beautiful cakes!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
L A
“An old fashion drug store”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place reminds me of the drug stores with soda fountains that were the norm when I was a kid.
It has plenty of seating to enjoy a snack after a day of antiguing

Visited April 2013
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Great Diner Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We went here for lunch yesterday before a day of browsing antique shops. It's an old-fashioned soda shop/diner with great sandwiches and milkshakes. I love the variety and the customization options. For example, you can substitute a chicken fillet or buffalo patty for a typical beef patty on your burger for no additional cost. They also have a huge list of milkshakes, and you can have breakfast past typical breakfast hours. I'm not sure if it's served all day or not, but the people at the table next to use ordered eggs and pancakes at 3pm. They also have a huge case of pastries and cakes. I heard the people at the table behind us raving about a pastry they ordered. We stuck to burgers and milkshakes, and we loved our food. If you're in Orange, this is definitely a great place to eat.

For more details including pictures, check out my food blog at www.eatdrinkandbeme.com.

• Visited May 2013