“Checked out after 20 minutes” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.

You added Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1635 West Katella Avenue, Orange, CA 92867   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Orange
Ely
“Checked out after 20 minutes”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This hotel came highly recommended and with the price, location very close to Disney, and free parking we thought it was a good deal. When we pulled up the hotel looked nice from the outside, is in a very nice location with good restaurants and a nice theater all in walking distance. When we walked in the staff was friendly and helpful. The lobby was rather dated looking and the hallways smell of stale smoke, Chinese food, and mildew. The room was small with 2 double beds and a kitchenette. There were no pots, pans, utensils, plates, or a coffee pot as promised. What was in the cabinet was an old, dirty drying rack with someone's dirty sock in it. The bed spreads were mismatched and looked like they had just been laid on. The carpet was stained and had crumbs all over and the closet had no door but a curtain instead. The bathtub had severely leaky faucet and the shower head and drain had water stains all over them. Walking down the halls you can hear people yelling at each other (in more than one room) and the ceilings and floors are so thin you can hear people walking around in the rooms above you.
We were suppose to stay for 5 nights but after no more than 20 minutes we decided to stay for the night since we were paying for it anyway and check ourselves out. I have stayed at cheaper, lower rated hotels and not felt quiet as dirty and uncomfortable. This is by far the worst hotel I have stayed in. The one saving grace was the fact that the hotel had free Wi-Fi so I could sign on to book another hotel for the next 4 nights.

Room Tip: Don't book here!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed here as it was adjacent to my friends home.
The staff was very pleasant and helpful.
There were cooking facilities in the room so you could make something if you required.
The room was very clean and comfortable.
There was a grab and go breakfast included in the price which was adequate.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My roommate & I stayed here for a last minute trip to Disneyland. We booked it through Hotels.com so we did not pay full price for the room, which is fortunate because our experience was less than stellar. Both of us have stayed in other Extended Stay properties, so our expectations were higher than usual, because our previous experiences were very good.

We reserved a single queen and then called the hotel to upgrade to 2 beds. When we checked in, they did not have 2 beds available, so we opted for a single king bed to share. When we got to our room, it had not been cleaned, even though the housekeeper noted that she/he did. We notified the front desk, and they apologized and promised to have it cleaned within the hour. We decided to go get some lunch and when we got back to the room, it was cleaned as promised. We couldn't stay in the room however because it STUNK!!! Smoking is allowed in hotels in Orange County, and this room was a smoking room. We decided to change the room to a nonsmoking room which had a smaller bed and the only one available was a handicapped room. That was problematic for two high-maintenance women with lots of beauty products because there was no bathroom vanity. One nit-picky observation: we had a spatula available in our kitchen, but no cookware (or dish soap).

There was also no hairdryer in the room, so I called down to the front desk about around 5:30 - 6:00 PM for one. The front desk attendant put me on hold as she went to check. I stayed on hold for 5 minutes and finally hung up because I got tired of waiting. We went down stairs to go to dinner and the front desk area was dark. Apparently the lady left. When we got back from dinner, she was in so I asked her why she left me on hold. She said "Oh, I went on break", then she haphazardly looked around for a hairdryer without producing one. We called the front desk in the morning, when there was a different attendant, and he was able to find one.

The "grab and go breakfast" is a joke. What is offered to you are 7-11 quality muffins, fruit, and granola bars. I attached a picture...I took it right after the attendant refilled it. You are better off going to the nearby Starbucks and picking up something there.

One good thing about this location: It allows dogs, so if you are traveling with your fur baby, you're in luck. There is also restaurant, a pub, a Starbucks, and a movie theater within walking distance. The restaurant nearby also allows dogs on their patio (and offers a menu for the pooch).

Your experience may be better of you go into into it with lower expectations. We expected more and we were very disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. The situation you describe regarding the poor service and condition of your first room is truly regrettable. We will retrain our staff to make sure we are always providing the quality service that our guests deserve. We will also review our cleaning procedures with our housekeeping staff to ensure every room is clean and smells fresh prior to our guest's arrival.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at ORG@extendedstay.com. We do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
loomis ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Good location by Honda center and in the parking lot of a dining and entertainment complex. Huge kitchen with full size frig, microwave, 2 burner stove. Nice size bathroom (no amenities), smallish closet and desk area. Compared to other budget properties, I felt I got my monies worth.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Los Altos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I stayed here on a business trip because it was the hotel my company recommended. It was a good value even for a stay that was not extended! The room was very clean and comfortable. Windows open and highway is far enough away that the noise was not a problem. There are several restaurants in the complex. Room has bed, dresser, comfortable chair, desk and table (nice to have both desk and table). Note that only soap is provided, although you can ask at the desk for shampoo and other amenities. The bed was comfortable, although the pillows are the block-of-foam type. Alma at the front desk was cheerful and helpful.

My only complaint was that the previous guest had left the dresser drawers quite dirty and housekeeping had not noticed and cleaned them. It didn't matter to me since I was there for only one night and didn't need to unpack, but I would not have been happy if I had been staying longer. Otherwise, the room was perfectly clean, including the kitchenette.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Indian Rocks Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Excellent and amazing experience. Truly felt nice and never felt home sick. Extended staff really provide extended services which pleased me very much, any given day i am willing to comeback and stay to relax

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Anaheim, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We came to this hotel because it had some good reviews, however, the staff is always very rude and not willing to help-- if they do, it's with an attitude. There was no housekeeping service throughout our stay, no amenities, and when I asked for them at the front desk they (Gema & Stefania) said they were completely out, they laughed and gave me a rude attitude.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Carla - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the level of professionalism displayed by some members of our staff. I will meet with the staff to review our guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated. Please know, while we do offer toiletries in our guest rooms, we do have an amenity basket available at the front desk for guests to enjoy upon request. Also, our housekeeping service is provided once a week for guests staying 8 or more nights. For those who are staying for shorter periods of time, services can be purchased for a minimal fee.

If you would like to discuss this issue further, please feel free to contact me directly at, org@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
Ayres Hotel Orange
Ayres Hotel Orange
#1 of 15 in Orange
4.5 of 5 stars 201 reviews

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.

Address: 1635 West Katella Avenue, Orange, CA 92867
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Orange
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Orange
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Orange County-Katella Ave Hotel Orange
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. CA
Extended Stay Orange

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.