“One Year of Great Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1635 West Katella Avenue, Orange, CA 92867   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Orange
Colorado Springs
“One Year of Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am working in California on a long term contract and traveling back and forth to my family in Colorado. I have been at this Extended Stay for almost a full year now. I love the place, the service and the people (both staff and other long term guests). Because I am a long term guest, I often leave on travel for business and family and leave my room and belongings behind. When I come back my room is clean and everything is safe and secure. I come back to Extended Stay feeling like I am returning to my second home.

A couple of thoughts for other travelers:
1) This is an extended stay hotel with the services designed to reduce the price and make an extended stay affordable. If you want super plush bed linens, bath robes, free this and that and 24 hour room service then you should stay at an expensive hotel. This Extended Stay does have free WiFi, Free limited cable TV, Free Grab-n-Go breakfast, snack machines, laundry room and more.
2) This hotel is very close to Honda Center, Angel Stadium and Disney. I watch out my window and see the fireworks from Angel Stadium and I can hear the fireworks each night from Disney.
3) Even though this hotel is close to these attractions, crime is near zero. There is 24x7 security in the parking lot and the hotel is very strict about parking so you will always have a place to park. The city of Orange Police Department is very diligent, polite and always on the move in their fine city.
4) There are many excellent restaurants within a 3-4 minute walk including a Mexican food restaurant with a fabulous lunch buffet, a wonderful pub, a great steak/prime rib place, two or three other restaurants with American fare, a gourmet pizza joint, a Thai restaurant and a Starbucks and a Subway.
5) Lots of other restaurants deliver including multiple Asian restaurants, sandwiches/burgers, pizza and more.
6) There is a major 3D cinema located in the same parking lot as the hotel. Wonderful.
7) There is no pool or workout room. But, there is another Extended Stay a couple of miles away that you have free access to their workout room. You get the benefit without paying the higher price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Portage, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

The staff can change your mind about a hotel. At this extended stay the staff is accommodating, if you need to print, fax, or copy a document. Stamps available & they are responsible when it comes to shipping & receiving a package. Day shift staff are amazing and one mid-shift young lady who knew & spoke to everyone who walked through the door she's amazing. I enjoyed the oatmeal breakfast snack bar. Cinema theatres, Chilis restaurant, authentic Mexican and Irish pub restaurant share the lot near the extended stay. For $2.00 you can take the 53 bus to main street and stop by massage envy for a massage, Fresh & Easy for groceries and most important the Mall (Nordstrom's, etc...) many stay in the hotel to go to a concert at the Honda Center or walk a few feet to the baseball stadium.

• Stayed August 2013
The Pas, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Really "lucked out" when we booked on line! My wife and I went to Anaheim to watch baseball. We had never been to Anaheim so all our research was done on-line. We were hoping we would be able to walk to the games. We were about a 25 minute leisurely stroll to Angel's Stadium, a very easy and safe walk. There were no events at Honda Center that suited our taste but if there had been, we were a 10 minute walk. We checked out Disney and it was a $15 cab ride, very close. Rooms are clean and modern with a full size fridge, stove and microwave. Front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. Laundry facilities are also an asset. Would stay here again if I was ever back in Anaheim.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

It's my 4th time staying at ESA in Ketella, Orange. Everytime when I step in the entracen, there's always a warm welcome with smail on the staff, which makes you feel really good.
Besides this, whenever you have questions, or minor issues, they are always there to assist you and solve them, which is very helpful.
It's a good place for people who wants to prepare their own food, as there's a standard kitchen, microwave, toaster, coffer maker, and family size refrigerator with filted water fomr the sink.
There's also a laundry room with washer, dryer on the first floor.
It will be much better if there's swimming pool, or other facilities, such as GYM to be used.

Room Tip: If you have pets, pls. notify the front desk in adavance when making the booking as you can only sta...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This hotel is great for short or long stays. The place is clean and was recently re-furnished w/ flat screens and new decor. The staff is great and it is located right next to Angels Stadium, Honda Center, and many restaurants. I would recommend for business travel and vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Rich - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your kind comments about our hotel rooms and the staff. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your clean room with flat screen television and new decor.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon. Please, do not hesitate to contact me at org@extendedstay.com for your future travelling needs.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Very nice hotel and good customer service. clean and not to expensive. Area is full of attractions. lots of restaurant, big theater, shopping centers. Spent nice vacation at there. Strongly recommended to all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jinelle - It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed our great location and good customer service our staff provided you during your stay. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.

Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

The kitchen was not "fully-equipped" as advertised. The room was dirty including a blood-stained pillow. Our complaints went unanswered. We would never recommend this place to any one. We cleaned the kitchen ourselves in order to use it. The laundry facilities were expensive to use. This was a bad experience and will never stay at an Extended Stay America again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Hi Kent,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't satisfactory. We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price.

The description you presented of your accommodation is not representative of our quality standards. We are working with our housekeeping staff to prevent such a situation from occurring again. I invite you to contact me at org@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.

Address: 1635 West Katella Avenue, Orange, CA 92867
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Orange
#5 Business Hotel in Orange
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Extended Stay, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Orange County-Katella Ave Hotel Orange
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. CA
Extended Stay Orange

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.