“Great hospitality & service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.

You added Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1635 West Katella Avenue, Orange, CA 92867   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Orange
Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
“Great hospitality & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

It's my 4th time staying at ESA in Ketella, Orange. Everytime when I step in the entracen, there's always a warm welcome with smail on the staff, which makes you feel really good.
Besides this, whenever you have questions, or minor issues, they are always there to assist you and solve them, which is very helpful.
It's a good place for people who wants to prepare their own food, as there's a standard kitchen, microwave, toaster, coffer maker, and family size refrigerator with filted water fomr the sink.
There's also a laundry room with washer, dryer on the first floor.
It will be much better if there's swimming pool, or other facilities, such as GYM to be used.

Room Tip: If you have pets, pls. notify the front desk in adavance when making the booking as you can only sta...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This hotel is great for short or long stays. The place is clean and was recently re-furnished w/ flat screens and new decor. The staff is great and it is located right next to Angels Stadium, Honda Center, and many restaurants. I would recommend for business travel and vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Rich - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your kind comments about our hotel rooms and the staff. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your clean room with flat screen television and new decor.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon. Please, do not hesitate to contact me at org@extendedstay.com for your future travelling needs.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Very nice hotel and good customer service. clean and not to expensive. Area is full of attractions. lots of restaurant, big theater, shopping centers. Spent nice vacation at there. Strongly recommended to all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jinelle - It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed our great location and good customer service our staff provided you during your stay. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.

Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

The kitchen was not "fully-equipped" as advertised. The room was dirty including a blood-stained pillow. Our complaints went unanswered. We would never recommend this place to any one. We cleaned the kitchen ourselves in order to use it. The laundry facilities were expensive to use. This was a bad experience and will never stay at an Extended Stay America again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Hi Kent,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't satisfactory. We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price.

The description you presented of your accommodation is not representative of our quality standards. We are working with our housekeeping staff to prevent such a situation from occurring again. I invite you to contact me at org@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during the vacation, and amazingly I was so satisfied with everything. The Customer service was very friendly, rooms was so clean, area was nice, and the main thing the hotel rate was cheap. Overall, I was very happy with the hotel and service. I spent nice time and would love go and stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Sandra - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our friendly customer service, your clean room and the affordable rate. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you submitted. One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours.

Please, contact me directly at org@extendedstay.com for your future travelling needs. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
San Luis Obispo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is a basic hotel with a cheap rate. It is extended stay so there is no daily room service. There is a full kitchenette with pots and pans for cooking and a big fridge. It is near the Honda Center, but is hard to find because the hotel is actually inside the parking lot of a shopping center -- with no signs for the hotel. Look for signs for a movie theater.
There is a very large multi-screen movie theater and lots of restaurants within walking distance.
There is no exercise room or pool. The breakfast is a bowl of oranges and apples, granola bars and oatmeal mix.
The staff was not super friendly and there is no bell to call someone to the desk. They did promply fix a problem with the room.
The door keys kept malfunctioning and locking us out. The bathroom had hairs on the walls -- not the best cleanliness level. The hallways smelled like smoke even tho supposed to be non-smoking hotel.
If you need a cheap hotel in this location it would be a good choice.

Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

OK.....I know the place has a cheap price --- but from rude check-in girl -- to all the other horrible attributes this hotel has --- prompted me to write this review.

*Rude and very UNFRIENDLY check in lady ! (if she hates her job so bad - she needs to find another one!)
*NO maid service
*Had to take out our own trash
*Wait 3 hours for clean towels to take a shower
*ants everywhere in room
*hotel has same address as another place - so mapquest and google maps takes you in the wrong direction.

YUCK YUCK YUCK to this place -- will never stay again --- dirty and nasty place !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hi there,

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that our front desk staff was not friendly at the check in and you had to wait a long time for your towels. Our weekly housekeeping services should have been clearly explained during the reservation process and at check in. Please accept my apology that the service you received did not meet your, or our, expectations. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so I can share it with our team and use it to improve our hotel and services. I invite you to contact me at org@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.

Address: 1635 West Katella Avenue, Orange, CA 92867
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Orange
#5 Business Hotel in Orange
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Orange County-Katella Ave Hotel Orange
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. CA
Extended Stay Orange

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.