“Basic hotel, cheap, good location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1635 West Katella Avenue, Orange, CA 92867   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #7 of 15 hotels in Orange
San Luis Obispo, California
“Basic hotel, cheap, good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is a basic hotel with a cheap rate. It is extended stay so there is no daily room service. There is a full kitchenette with pots and pans for cooking and a big fridge. It is near the Honda Center, but is hard to find because the hotel is actually inside the parking lot of a shopping center -- with no signs for the hotel. Look for signs for a movie theater.
There is a very large multi-screen movie theater and lots of restaurants within walking distance.
There is no exercise room or pool. The breakfast is a bowl of oranges and apples, granola bars and oatmeal mix.
The staff was not super friendly and there is no bell to call someone to the desk. They did promply fix a problem with the room.
The door keys kept malfunctioning and locking us out. The bathroom had hairs on the walls -- not the best cleanliness level. The hallways smelled like smoke even tho supposed to be non-smoking hotel.
If you need a cheap hotel in this location it would be a good choice.

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

OK.....I know the place has a cheap price --- but from rude check-in girl -- to all the other horrible attributes this hotel has --- prompted me to write this review.

*Rude and very UNFRIENDLY check in lady ! (if she hates her job so bad - she needs to find another one!)
*NO maid service
*Had to take out our own trash
*Wait 3 hours for clean towels to take a shower
*ants everywhere in room
*hotel has same address as another place - so mapquest and google maps takes you in the wrong direction.

YUCK YUCK YUCK to this place -- will never stay again --- dirty and nasty place !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hi there,

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that our front desk staff was not friendly at the check in and you had to wait a long time for your towels. Our weekly housekeeping services should have been clearly explained during the reservation process and at check in. Please accept my apology that the service you received did not meet your, or our, expectations. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so I can share it with our team and use it to improve our hotel and services. I invite you to contact me at org@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Las Vegas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Arrived at the hotel and was pleased with the outside grounds. Went to check in and was told we couldn't because the rooms weren't ready. Once we came back, we checked in unloaded our car only to find one of our rooms was still unmade. In our other room, the sheets on the beds were old and worn. Stained bedding. We had to bring our old towels to the front desk everyday in order to get new ones. Shower leaked, toilet was not attached to the floor. In the kitchen, there wasn't a complete set of anything. I ended up buying plastic utensils, plates and cups. We shared our room with two spiders and a bunch of ants. On top of all that...there was no pool. I've stayed in other extended stays and was completely satisfied and was hoping to have a good experience at this one...not so much. If this was my first time staying at an extended stay, I would never consider staying at another one.

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge our well maintained grounds but I am disappointed to hear the inside of our facilities left something to be desired. While we are not always able to guarantee an early check in, we should have been able to provide you with a time when your room would be ready. This is something I will be addressing with my team. Also, the condition of the room you described is completely unacceptable, from the linens to the ants. Both of these situation will be reviewed and addressed with the laundry and maintenance team here. Please contact me directly, at org@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area. Thank you again!
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I needed a place to stay for 4 nights and all the hotels in the vicinity were booked. I went with this Extended Stay America near Chapman University and Disneyland. It is different. It is significantly less expensive so if price is your main consideration, this is a good choice. Negatives are they don't change linens more often than weekly (though you can take towels down to the front desk for exchange), no shampoo and conditioner, no premium TV channels or pay per view, no room service, no business center or computer and printer for boarding passes. No pool. No fitness center. No shuttle service. Positives are that it is much less expensive, clean and the ac works well. It is in the parking lot of a large mall with lots of upscale retail, a big movie theatre, lots of good restaurants and a Starbucks all within walking distance. It is also reasonably close to Disneyland, the Angels Stadium, the Anaheim Sports Center and Knotsberry Farm.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Ted - Thank you for taking a time to write a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our great location and your clean room. However, I apologize that our hotel does not offer a pool, shuttle services, fitness center or the premium television channels you were hoping for. As we work to improve our hotel, we will definitely keep your feedback in mind.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a great experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Mukilteo, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My sister discovered that the sheets on her bed was stained and dirty. When she asked that the linens be changed, they (eventually) brought up fresh sheets; but she had to put them on herself, as "there's no one in housekeeping right now". The next night, our other beds was invaded by ants - the bed was COVERED in them! When we asked to be transferred to another room, we were told that we couldn't be accommodated because the hotel was "booked up". The site we booked through hotwire fortunately, so they were able to get us into a different (and much better) hotel. Finally, on the way out we were sweeping the room to be sure we hadn't forgotten anything. When she looked under the beds, she found garbage - literally! The floor under the beds was covered in old wrappers, food scraps, and other debris.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
Renton, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The first night of our stay, I discovered that the sheets on my bed were stained and dirty. When I asked that the linens be changed, they (eventually) brought up fresh sheets; but I had to put them on myself, as "there's no one in housekeeping right now". The next night, our other bed was invaded by ants - the bed was COVERED in them! When we asked to be transferred to another room, we were told that we couldn't be accommodated because the hotel was "booked up". The site we booked through was fortunately able to get us into a different (and much better) hotel. Finally, on the way out we were sweeping the room to be sure we hadn't forgotten anything. When I looked under the beds, I found garbage - literally! The floor under the beds was covered in old wrappers, food scraps, and other debris. I absolutely would NEVER stay at an Extended Stay property ever again! I normally stay at Radisson hotels; but my brother had booked the reservation. That's a mistake I won't make again!

Room Tip: Dirty, ant infested - don't stay here!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear about the level of cleanliness in your room. Please accept my most sincere apology. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working very closely with my housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures so they are more in line with our company's high standards.

Again, I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me at org@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We went to see Shane Victorino (Red Sox) vs. Angels ball game. so we drove 4 hours from Vegas and we stayed on 7/5/13 overnight. Our room was clean and 10 minutes driving from the stadium. Couldn't beat it for the price. They are pet friendly too!
They advertise breakfast, but it is just a grab and go, and they really need to clean the coffee urns out. other than that, we would highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your clean room, our hotel's location and the room price. However, we apologize for the coffee urns not being out during breakfast. I am working with the staff to ensure this does not happen again in the future.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future! Please, feel free to contact me directly at org@extendedstay.com for your future travelling needs.

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.

Address: 1635 West Katella Avenue, Orange, CA 92867
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Orange
#3 Business Hotel in Orange
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Orange County-Katella Ave Hotel Orange
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. CA
Extended Stay Orange

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.