“Great home away from home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.

You added Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1635 West Katella Avenue, Orange, CA 92867   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Orange
Colorado Springs
“Great home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have been staying here for two months so far and plan to stay much longer. The rooms are perfect, clean and well taken care of (look at the pictures and that is exactly what they are like). The cleaning staff are fabulous. In fact, all the staff are fabulous! Friendly, calling guests by name, and focusing on resolving any issues that you might have. I am allergic to smoke and pets...no problems at all in my excellent room. The management has worked with me to make sure I get the best rate and service possible. I have traveled all over the world and stayed in some dumps and stayed in some palaces. This is a great hotel with great service at a great price. Definitely the friendliest and most caring staff I have ever experienced anywhere.

Room Tip: first and fourth floors allow pets and fourth allows smoking.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, November 9, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Olympia, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I would not be writing this review had the hotel and corporate headquarters handled me and my serious problem at their hotel appropriately. Plus, this is a SAFETY issue! And by safety, I mean I had been bitten by BED BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!
I had stayed in CA for a full week, getting surgery, and needed a fairly reasonable place with accomodations, such as a kitchen, for my long stay. I stayed at this hotel about 4 weeks ago.
During my stay, I had asked upon making my reservations for a quiet room, since I was having surgery. They first put me in a room on the first (noisy) floor right smack in front of the elevators! I immediately asked and went to another less-trafficed room. The second room had a broken TV, I learned later that night after unpacking. I had to repack, and moved to yet, another room.
The night after I had my surgery, I was laying in bed watching TV and I felt something on my chest. I freaked out, brushed it off my chest, and turned the lights on. I saw on the sheets it was a tiny bug, not a roach, it was nothing I had ever seen before. I got to wondering why was there a BUG in my bed and was there more?!?! I started taking off the sheets, and before I could even get the bed bare bones, I saw MORE of these same bugs!!!!!!!!!!! I started taking pictures with my phone and then went to the Internet to do some research. Sure enough, dead 100-percent on, these were BED BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I called the front desk numerous times, no answer! I went downstairs, nobody there! There was no way to get a hold or find anybody! So much for emergencies, huh!? I started calling around to other hotels, and everything was booked!! There was some major Christian Ladies convention in the area. Then I had to get in my rental car in the middle of the night, just having surgery and being sick with a new cold!, and drive around to find a hotel. I went to a local hotel (Ayres Hotel), and they were nice enough to call around and find me one, feeling sorry for me and disgusted by my bed bug ordeal. My hotel was in another city!! I then had to drive there, and check in.
Then I went back to this Extended Stay, with nobody still around to help me, packed all my stuff, and drove back to the new, clean hotel. I had not slept all night!!!
Since it was now the morning, I went back to Extended Stay, showed them the pics of the bed bugs on the sheet, and in fact, I gave them one in a baggie!! By then, the bites I had suffered had not surfaced yet. They were not the least bit helpful. Doesn't surprise me.
For the weeks following that horrific ordeal, I had developed bed bug bites on my body and had them treated. Oh yeah, I was smart and took pics before they were treated :-) I had also contacted the corporate office, and left numerous messages with people (higher up's), I filed complaints, I called and called and called. Nobody EVER returned my calls. Doesn't surprise me either.
This is a serious health issue that the hotel could care less about. I spent my time writing this to let you all know you are taking a risk staying at this hotel. As to date, because of the lack of anything on the hotel and corporate's part, the Orange County Health Dept is involved and I've contacted a lawyer.
As for Extended Stay, YOU, yes YOU, dug your own grave on this, and now you will pay the price.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Taryn - Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay at our hotel. It was extremely disheartening to read that your stay wasn’t 100% satisfactory. Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences you experienced, the issues you have remarked upon are out of the norm for us. Still, in response to your comments, we have inspected the room and others surrounding it, ensuring this type of situation does not happen again.

As well, I would also like to apologize that the TV in your guest room was not in the proper working condition. To prevent this from happening again, I have asked maintenance to check TVs in all the Guest Rooms.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at Org@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have been traveling all over the West since 1998. I have to tell you, the experience at Katella -Orange, CA has been the " BEST " by far. The staff is always courteous, well groomed, smiling, and always there to help you. I'm so delighted on my stay ( July 16th-Oct. 19th ) and still staying
thru December 15th. The river road trail is directly behind you, a Gigantic ( 20 ) screen Movie theatre in the parkiong lot ( 800 ft ) away, The Lazy Dog Cafe' is the BEST place to eat, meet, and drink in the West, believe me when I say " MEET "...The people are very friendly in and around Orange. I will continue to enjoy my stay at the BEST EXTENDED STAY in AMERICA
:0)
JH-from Sandy, Oregon

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Jack, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you are enjoying your stay at Extended Stay America in Orange Katella. As a Hotel manager it is one of the best rewards to hear great comments about our hotel employees. Thank you again for your review. If we can do anything else to make your stay more enjoyable please, do not hesitate to contact me at org@extendedstay.com.
San Luis Obispo, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

On the day I was due to arrive I received a call from the hotel saying they had given away my room for the night and to not show up. I was only a few hours away and they did not offer me any other options to set me up in another hotel. I was furious and said I would be there at check in time and that they needed to find a way to honor my guaranteed reservation as I had no other options. Upon arriving they said they had to give me an upgrade (and demonstrated anger at my "low" rate). The room was a king bed on the top floor. The hallway smelled awfully of smoke, they had put me onto the smoking floor. My room seemed clean at first, then I noticed all the surfaces were covered in dust, there was some kind of glue all over the top of dresser, the shelf in the closet was broken with no brace so it fell onto my foot, and the bed and pillows were so hard and uncomfortable I barely slept. We couldn't use the air conditioning either because it sounded like it was spilling onto the floor all night very loudly. I was hoping to be able to express my concerns at check out but the girl at the desk was the one who had called to tell me I no longer had a room, and she recognized me. She was bitter and short like it was my fault I wanted a room... So rude!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Orange County - Katella Ave. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. I'd like to respond specifically to your comments about the malfunctioning air conditioner. In response to your review, I requested a building-wide inspection of each air conditioning unit, and have received confirmation that all are now in proper working condition. The issues about the hallway smell and Room you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will I hope that you will contact me directly, at org@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further.
Moorpark, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I recently booked a 5-week stay the Extended Stay on Katella, and was very pleased with the overall experience. For starters, I booked the room online a few days before I needed to check in, and by the time I clicked to finalize the reservation there were only queen beds available. I am 6'8" and would have felt like the Dr. Seuss character who either had his head or feet poking out of the bed cause it was too short. I called the hotel directly, and the person at the front desk switched me to a king without hassle or delay. When we arrived, the host was very pleasant and got us checked right in. Within one or two days, all of the staff knew my wife and I by name and made a point of greeting us each time we came in or out. This made the stay all that much more enjoyable, as we felt like part of the "family."

If you are looking for first class accommodations and mints on the pillow, this s not a good option. but if you want a quiet, comfortable, affordable, and overall very pleasant place to stay I highly recommend this facility.

Room Tip: If it's hot (90+), ask for a room on the east side of the building, as the sun in the late after...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, October 2, 2012
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Orange County - Katella Ave.. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels."
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in hotels all over the world. The staff at this extended Stay America hotel is the friendliest and most respectful I've ever encountered. The hotel is clean in a great location with movie theater and restaurants nearby. Disneyland is right down the street. The fully equipped kitchen makes life really easy and inexpensive. The bed is comfortable with lots of pillows and a recliner makes for a relaxing evening. I have been here for 2 weeks now and love it.

• Stayed September 2012
"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Orange County - Katella Ave.. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

When I first checked in I was warmly greeted by the girl at the front desk, her name was Sabrina. At first, I thought it was Dakota Fanning working the front desk. However, the way in which I was greeted was the reason why I decided to stay because I was not going to stay due to geographical reasons, but I did. All the staff are both professional and very attentive towards their guests. I have been in five star/five diamond joints, that have had unfriendly staff. At the Bellagio I had ten chocolate bars stolen by housekeeping that I had purchased at their rival locationl, The Venetian. The housekeeper had the decency to place my newspaper in the coffee table and disturbed a ninety dollar half eaten steak left in a to go box. I had over tenthousand dollars worth of jewelry in the safe along with cash. Meanwhile, it was indicated at the door to housekeeping that their presense was not required. Housekeeping at the Extended Stay are very professional and respectful. The rooms are very clean and everything is new. All the rooms are like having a small apartment. The doors don't keep the noise in and the halls are noisy sometimes loudness coming from a room with a guest having a "casual encounter with a lady". The staff here are way more attentive then staff at a five star joint. I would like to thank Sabrina, Mena, Nidhi, and Beverly. Their friendliness I and great service skills are the reason why I extended my stay.
Rich.

• Stayed September 2012
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff, especially Sabrina. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.

Address: 1635 West Katella Avenue, Orange, CA 92867
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Orange
#5 Business Hotel in Orange
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Orange County-Katella Ave Hotel Orange
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. CA
Extended Stay Orange

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.