“Comfortable and affordable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.

You added Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1635 West Katella Avenue, Orange, CA 92867   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Orange
Moorpark, California
“Comfortable and affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I recently booked a 5-week stay the Extended Stay on Katella, and was very pleased with the overall experience. For starters, I booked the room online a few days before I needed to check in, and by the time I clicked to finalize the reservation there were only queen beds available. I am 6'8" and would have felt like the Dr. Seuss character who either had his head or feet poking out of the bed cause it was too short. I called the hotel directly, and the person at the front desk switched me to a king without hassle or delay. When we arrived, the host was very pleasant and got us checked right in. Within one or two days, all of the staff knew my wife and I by name and made a point of greeting us each time we came in or out. This made the stay all that much more enjoyable, as we felt like part of the "family."

If you are looking for first class accommodations and mints on the pillow, this s not a good option. but if you want a quiet, comfortable, affordable, and overall very pleasant place to stay I highly recommend this facility.

Room Tip: If it's hot (90+), ask for a room on the east side of the building, as the sun in the late after...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, October 2, 2012
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Orange County - Katella Ave.. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels."

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in hotels all over the world. The staff at this extended Stay America hotel is the friendliest and most respectful I've ever encountered. The hotel is clean in a great location with movie theater and restaurants nearby. Disneyland is right down the street. The fully equipped kitchen makes life really easy and inexpensive. The bed is comfortable with lots of pillows and a recliner makes for a relaxing evening. I have been here for 2 weeks now and love it.

• Stayed September 2012
"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Orange County - Katella Ave.. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

When I first checked in I was warmly greeted by the girl at the front desk, her name was Sabrina. At first, I thought it was Dakota Fanning working the front desk. However, the way in which I was greeted was the reason why I decided to stay because I was not going to stay due to geographical reasons, but I did. All the staff are both professional and very attentive towards their guests. I have been in five star/five diamond joints, that have had unfriendly staff. At the Bellagio I had ten chocolate bars stolen by housekeeping that I had purchased at their rival locationl, The Venetian. The housekeeper had the decency to place my newspaper in the coffee table and disturbed a ninety dollar half eaten steak left in a to go box. I had over tenthousand dollars worth of jewelry in the safe along with cash. Meanwhile, it was indicated at the door to housekeeping that their presense was not required. Housekeeping at the Extended Stay are very professional and respectful. The rooms are very clean and everything is new. All the rooms are like having a small apartment. The doors don't keep the noise in and the halls are noisy sometimes loudness coming from a room with a guest having a "casual encounter with a lady". The staff here are way more attentive then staff at a five star joint. I would like to thank Sabrina, Mena, Nidhi, and Beverly. Their friendliness I and great service skills are the reason why I extended my stay.
Rich.

• Stayed September 2012
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff, especially Sabrina. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Fullerton, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I had to stay here due to some unfortunate circumstances that befell my family and I. I started staying here before they began renovations. The rooms prior to the renovations were horrible and anyone who has ever stayed here would agree. The room had a basic kitchen with a fridge but lacked an oven which would make it feel more like home but isn't a deal breaker. It contained a small 13" inch tv with a barely functional remote. For your comfort, they provided an old dirty green recliner from the early 80's and an extremely HARD king size bed; I've had better night sleeps on air mattresses. The carpet was an ugly exorcist green vomit color. The bathroom wasn't too bad...basic and without a fan to help vacate any horrible smells that excrete from your bowels. The walls are HORRIBLY thin and you can hear people's conversations when you pass by in the halls. So as you can see, they were in dire need of renovations to compete with same grade hotels that offer better comfort and service.

I stayed during renovations, I didn't mind the noise from the work during the day but the hotel had such disrespect towards they're paying customers that they allowed their contractors to work past 10pm and many nights until 5am in the morning. Considering that the walls are thin, it wasn't easy trying to sleep while listening to the hammering of Mighty Thor and loud earth drills.

After the renovations were done they moved us back into the new rooms. I wasn't expecting renovations as lavish as Hilton Hotels or The Taj Mahal but they didn't change much. Although the hotel room looks good on first glance, it has many drawbacks that squash any true potential that the hotel was grasping for when they decided to renovate. They kept the old refrigerator, the old white counters & cabinets, the old sink, the old toilet seat (with stains), and the old bathtub. They did a nice job with the hardwood flooring in the kitchen and the bathroom but it is visibly cheap material. They changed the ugly green carpets with a more pleasing multi-color brown carpet. They painted the walls a nice light earthy brown color and offset them with one crappy evergreen green wall, which is quite laughable. They upgraded the old 13" inch tv with a nice refurbished 32" LG flatscreen...it would be nice if it didn't frequently turn off on it's own and they didn't keep the old dysfunctional remote to compliment it. Who buys a new tv without a NEW remote??? They also kept the old dressers and replaced the old green recliner with a "fancy" $8 recliner from Big Lots. They got new beds but you would think they would had been searching for beds with slight more comfort than their previous beds. It's obvious that they were consumed by frugality because the beds are just as UNCOMFORTABLE and tough as the previous beds. Now after ALL that, I can say it is bearable because I've stayed at much worse dumps and it's costs fit the needs of those who've been crippled by this present economy.

Needless to say, no one should have to compromise good service because they are on a tight budget. The desk clerks are snide and their attempt at hospitality is mediocre at best. Although, I can say the Desk Clerk Beverly is a very sweet woman with exemplary customer service, it's a WONDER why she works for this place??? It's also quite apparent that the clerks have no concern for vanity which would help to present a better demeanor of the staff and the company they represent. The hotel only allows one cleaning service per 7 days of your stay. You are lucky if the maid comes on your scheduled day and good luck if she does much cleaning; she doesn't sweep or mop and she never offers clean linens. They never have any clean towels or any sheets for their new beds. The halls frequently smell like dead hot trash. If anything goes wrong in your room then good luck with getting help because they aren't quick at attending to guest concerns. The grass areas around the hotel seems to be a toilet for animals because there is a lot of excrement all over the place and the trash bins are always over flowing with trash...shows how much pride the owners have for their buisness and how they represent themselves to potential customers. The hotel manager, Nidhi has terrible customer service skills; she is surly, not to easy on the eyes, and lacks respect for customers. Lastly, I would not recommend a short stay or an extended stay here, not due to the lack of amenities or the lackluster rooms offering below average comfort but due to the HORRIBLE customer service skills that the staff and owner's of the hotel practice here at their place of buisness.

• Stayed October 2011
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Orange County - Katella Ave. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory.I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will I hope that you will contact me directly, at org@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further.
Malaga, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

It was a nice experience, and I didnt have any problems. The staff was very nice with me and helpful, specially Nidhi (hotel Manager). The room is fully equipped, fridge, coffee machine, toaster, etc... On the whole, I am 100% satisfied.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, September 5, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide you with 100% guest satisfaction, and it sounds like we hit a homerun in your case!

Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My stay has definitely been extended, and the staff here couldn't be nicer or more professional. The location is very convenient, nice and quiet - except of course when the Angels win and you can see the fireworks from your hotel window!! Mena and Nidhi are the best.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, August 8, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. We are totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand locations.
Fairfield, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I can't believe people reviewed this as excellent! It is so sleasy, so noisy, so low life, the environment so cheap, I booked it to save $100/per night but I couldn't sleep so what was the point, plus I hated evey minute but coudn't find another place to go at 10pm at night. I would strongly advise anyone with any refinement to avoid this at all cost.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, July 31, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Orange County - Katella Ave.. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of the guest room hallways is an integral part in creating a ""home away from home"" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.

Address: 1635 West Katella Avenue, Orange, CA 92867
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Orange
#5 Business Hotel in Orange
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Orange County-Katella Ave Hotel Orange
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. CA
Extended Stay Orange

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.